Bus Service at CBR

stevehousse

I know there are a ton if bus service threads but I couldn't find my answer so here goes, does CBR share busses with any other resort at all?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I know there are a ton if bus service threads but I couldn't find my answer so here goes, does CBR share busses with any other resort at all?
No. CBR does not share busses with any other resorts. You'll have a dedicated stop at every park/destination, so no trying to "predict" bus times like at the All Stars and POFQ.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
No. CBR does not share busses with any other resorts. You'll have a dedicated stop at every park/destination, so no trying to "predict" bus times like at the All Stars and POFQ.

Thank you! Have u stayed? If u have, how long did u usually wait for a bus and what section of the resort were u in?

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thank you! Have u stayed? If u have, how long did u usually wait for a bus and what section of the resort were u in?
I've stayed twice. Once in Jamaica, once in Aruba. Since then I've done Pop, Contemporary and POFQ. CBR gets a bum rap in my opinion. It is still my favorite (on average) resort.

POFQ gets a lot of high marks, but with respect to bus service, it was the worst in all my recent trips. POP was the best, but that had to do with the fact you can snag and AOA bus as well.

CBR bus service isn't nearly as bad as rumored.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
As far as how long, can you clarify? How long did I wait, vs how long was the trip, vs how long was the ride home?
We requested to stay in Jamaica near the bridge. I was really wondering how long you would have to wait for a bus to show up in the morning for the parks? It seems most of the actual bus rides to the parks are a good 15 minutes or so, would u say that's accurate?

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We requested to stay in Jamaica near the bridge. I was really wondering how long you would have to wait for a bus to show up in the morning for the parks? It seems most of the actual bus rides to the parks are a good 15 minutes or so, would u say that's accurate?
From Jamaica, yes. A lot of the "bus criticism" I've read has been from people who stayed in the eastern side of the property. For the majority of the parks, Jamaica is one of the first to drop off and one of the last to pick up, so your actual ride "feels" like it's less time, as you spend less time on the bus touring the property than say, if you stayed in Trinidad (the far south eastern part of the property...worst positioning).

We never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes, as I recall, though we did have some frustrations (repeat MK busses, etc.)...

But, this really is the same at every Disney resort unless you go monorail line.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Original Poster
If you requested "Jamaica near the bridge" that sounds like something I'd tell you to do. Aruba "near the bridge" is fine too.
From the pictures on google maps it looks like the Jamaica bus stop is closer to the buildings near the bridge than Aruba bus stop is...thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
From the pictures on google maps it looks like the Jamaica bus stop is closer to the buildings near the bridge than Aruba bus stop is...thanks for the info!
Depends. The order the busses generally (not always) take is clockwise around the property, so that means Aruba and Barbados are the last stops on the way to the parks, and due to the Victory Way entrance, Jamaica tends to be among the first stops (not always).

The Aruba stop is way out there, but that doesn't mean you can't use the Jamaica stop. I stayed in Aruba Garden bldg 53 and Jamaica 42. I preferred Aruba 53. Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45 would be ideal (regardless of preferred room or not).

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

We stayed in Trinidad North this past December & never waited longer than 5-10 minutes. One morning we had an early ADR & we probably waited 15-20 minutes but, that was the longest wait of the week!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom