Bus Incident?

LeeLee D

Original Poster
I just got back from a weekend at The Kingdom. Friday night my friend and I were going to All Star Movies after attending MVMCP:xmas:.

We are directionally challenged and were lost. We saw what I thought was an accident involving a WDW bus. It was under the overpass next to the big McDonalds. There were many emergency vehicles and the bus had been evacuated. I was between 10:00 and 11:00 pm.

Any one know what happened?

On a side note - there needs to be better signs for the All Star hotels. We went round and round and finally ended up following a bus.:brick:

It was hard I agree when we were leaving the parks you have to know to foloow the signs to the "Animal Kingdom Resort Area " we got spun around to the first times we tried to get back there, especially at night. This is tru with the POP also, if you miss the one sigh that syas it, and without knowing to head toward the Wide World of Sports, you can end up going the wrong way. A few more sighns would help.

Disneyfan63

We were going back to Movies from Chef Mickey's right after it happened. My kids said that it looked like people were frantically placing calls from their cell phones. We saw a car that had stopped and I saw a lady walking quickly away and she appeared quite concerned by what she saw. My daughter said it looked the windshields were on the ground. My husband thought it looked like a Dodge Dakota and he pretty good at identifing cars. We were on the bus the next day and some people who were apparently on the bus involved said that it took them 2 hours to get back - something about having to go to EPCOT and DTD - not sure why, my daughter heard this. We watched the news but didn't see anything about. We would really like to know what happened. It looked bad. Our thoughts and prayers are with all involved. I know I ahould have asked the people but I wasn't close enough to them - my daughter and I weren't sitting together.

I was once on an Epcot bus leaving for the night when our driver clipped one of the concrete posts that mark the turns. We ended up sitting there for about an hour while they surveyed the damage and got a bus to transport the full load to. I was told that the incident meant the driver was automatically suspended without pay. I ended up forgetting about having to wait and began feeling bad for the driver. He looked like he was going to break down in tears.

I hope no one was injured in this latest incident.

JasonP

Wow I wonder if that's true about being suspended without pay. I mean that sure gives the drivers incentives to drive EXTRA careful, but accidents do happen. Poor guy...

bennyw01

:ROFLOL:LOL once i saw a wdw bus on that road, completely on fire at the back and the driver (lucky there were no passengers) was just standin on front of the bus head in hands like "ohhhhh my god". i know its pretty bad but it was a funny unlucky situation. no one was hurt, think it was one of the old buses.

Philo

Wow, suspended without pay seems a little severe. Fine, if he was drunk, asleep or diving dangerously but accidents are going to happen - especially when your trying to drive a huge bus through crazy traffic with screaming kids on board!

Back to the OP though, I doubt this is anything serious and I assume everyone was ok else the media would have had a field day with another 'disney disaster' story.

Mansionbutler

speaking of bus problems we where on our way back from MK to all star music in october around 11 pm ish and where where stuck in trafic and when we got to the problem there was one of the busses back ends on fire. i felt bad for the driver he looked dumfounded! luckly they got the passengers off and got them out of the way saftly!

LeeLee D

Original Poster
Back to the OP though, I doubt this is anything serious and I assume everyone was ok else the media would have had a field day with another 'disney disaster' story.

You're right - the local news would have covered it. We were so lost, we saw one of the fire trucks leave that cool looking fire station and then saw it again at the accident.
Talk about driving in circles. I have vowed to keep a copy of the map they give you at check-in in my car at all times.

I am quite glad that, as it seems, no one was injured.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom