Bus Horror Stories

ninjaprincesst

I hope you wrote a letter or e-mail complaining once you were home. That should not ever happen! It only took me one trip back to the airport that seemed to take forever, and now I use a town car. I will use the bus to the resort if I am not in a hurry, but if I have plans, or am taking a short trip, I pay for a car.
I did, like I said it worked out for us but others were not so lucky, it's the only time I have ever had any problem.

jaklgreen

Not really a horror story but more of "what the heck". We have been going to WDW for the last 20 years. We always stay at a Disney resort and use the buses. Every single trip there has been at least 2-3 families, the speak perfect English, see a bus come up for Epcot(or HS, AK) and start talking amongst themselves wondering if it is the MK bus. Then as the bus pulls up they have to run to the front and ask the bus driver if the bus marked "Epcot" is going to MK. Why, why, why??? This is not a complicated system. I just don't get it.

mouse_luv

Not really a horror story but more of "what the heck". We have been going to WDW for the last 20 years. We always stay at a Disney resort and use the buses. Every single trip there has been at least 2-3 families, the speak perfect English, see a bus come up for Epcot(or HS, AK) and start talking amongst themselves wondering if it is the MK bus. Then as the bus pulls up they have to run to the front and ask the bus driver if the bus marked "Epcot" is going to MK. Why, why, why??? This is not a complicated system. I just don't get it.
Because common sense is sadly a rarity.

mf1972

about 2-3 years ago, we were on a bus coming back from DD (not DS yet), & there was a group of teens around 13-16 years old that were the rudest, loudest, & obnoxious bunch of teens I've seen at WDW in awhile.
there was a chaperone who did absolutely nothing. a few guests asked them to keep quiet, as well as the driver.
long stor short, they didn't listen. when they got off the bus before everyone else, guests started clapping, myself included. we didn't care if they noticed or not.

ninjaprincesst

Yes and if the bus being label Epcot, HS, AK is not enough they pull into the space behind the sign that says Epcot, HS et... I have had one beter than that though, standing at the WL bus stop a man with his family looks at me and asks where they need to be for the Sea World bus.

Skibum1970

Friends of mine were on a bus from EPCOT to DHS last year during Osbourne Family Lights. The bus sat still for an hour, moved about 100 feet, and sat for another hour. The trip which is normally a 25 minute walk took nearly three hours. Full bus and unhappy people.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
Seems like several folks (myself included) have their share of bus horror stories. We used to take the bus around and experienced waiting in long queues, taking what feels like forever to get to destination, sitting next to smelly folks, etc.--now we just spend a couple bucks and rent a car, especially once we had kids. With kids and all their unexpected outcries [oh you know--Mommy, I farted! I don't want to leave (insert hysterical crying), etc.], and then carrying all their things (stroller, diaper bag, whathaveyou), we didn't want to upset others' experience at the World and just make our lives a bit easier, especially if traveling to TL/BB (why would it take so long to get to a water park?! LOL). Hubby usually keeps an eye out for a car rental deal, and we usually pay like $30-35/day for a Tahoe to fit the group (it may be that we typically don't go in the height of the summer, so it ends up being a reasonable rental). I know it's not easy to shell out more money for an expensive WDW trip but we gave up on the bus system long ago.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Seems like several folks (myself included) have their share of bus horror stories. We used to take the bus around and experienced waiting in long queues, taking what feels like forever to get to destination, sitting next to smelly folks, etc.--now we just spend a couple bucks and rent a car, especially once we had kids. With kids and all their unexpected outcries [oh you know--Mommy, I farted! I don't want to leave (insert hysterical crying), etc.], and then carrying all their things (stroller, diaper bag, whathaveyou), we didn't want to upset others' experience at the World and just make our lives a bit easier, especially if traveling to TL/BB (why would it take so long to get to a water park?! LOL). Hubby usually keeps an eye out for a car rental deal, and we usually pay like $30-35/day for a Tahoe to fit the group (it may be that we typically don't go in the height of the summer, so it ends up being a reasonable rental). I know it's not easy to shell out more money for an expensive WDW trip but we gave up on the bus system long ago.
I rent a car too, just ends up being easier. I don't know if we save much time especially when going to MK, but my kids often fall asleep in the car and we like to usually eat a meal or two off site. We always make it to Celebration to hang out a bit. Plus, we can get to the hotel pretty quick from the airport and returning is easier too. Still we do the bus a few times a trip, if I know I might be having a few extra drinks in Epcot, or we are headed to MK.

Innkeeper's Club

That's nothing compared to my "what the heck" story. A few years ago I was at the Grand Floridian waiting for the Resort Monorail to arrive. While I was waiting I overheard these two girls asking the Monorail Cast Member "Is this the location where we can get a bus to Downtown Disney?" I was thinking to myself did they not see the signs saying it's the Monorail station?

mf1972

actually forgot this 1, but a scooter topic on another thread made me remember. we witnessed an arguement between some guests. a person on a scooter & his family were boarding a bus, & he made a comment, taunting a family on line about getting on ahead of them.
after hearing the 2 families yell at each other, my 1st thought was "wow...he had some nerve taunting them like that."
I did hear from someone further up the line that 1 of the members waiting in line made a scooter comment that the other guest heard, hence the taunt.
luckily, they didn't share the same bus on the way back.

WLBound

The only issue I can remember was on our honeymoon. We had stayed at the MK for extra hours and left the park around 1 AM. The boat had stopped running to the WL by that time so we headed over to the bus depot. We walked to every queue and couldn't find one sign that said it was for WL. We tracked down a cast member who told us that yeah, there was no bus for the WL so he didn't know how we would get there. Fortunately another cast member stepped in, flagged down the bus going to Fort Wilderness and got the driver to agree to drop us off at the WL on the way. Thankfully, that only happened one time and I'm sure it was just some weird oversight. Not a horror story but definitely one I never forgot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom