Bus Drivers

pan11435

Original Poster
I have been considering the idea of working for WDW transportation. I am interested if any of you know what the normal pay is for being a bus driver and what kind of benifits come with it. I don't want to make the move up to Orlando if the job won't be able to support us. So any of you that may know please respond

TURKEY

Originally posted by Hyperion93
I believe all WDW job's begin paying at minimum wage. I think that's $4.45.

What year are you living in? Minimum wage I believe is still $6.15.

By the way, I think this has been talked about before. Search for something or check the Employment forum.

"The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in Federal, State, and local governments. Covered nonexempt workers are entitled to a minimum wage of not less than $4.75 an hour, effective October 1, 1996, and not less than $5.15 an hour, effective September 1, 1997. "

I was off by 30 cents, you were off by $1.00. ;)

TURKEY

Originally posted by Hyperion93
"The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, recordkeeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in Federal, State, and local governments. Covered nonexempt workers are entitled to a minimum wage of not less than $4.75 an hour, effective October 1, 1996, and not less than $5.15 an hour, effective September 1, 1997. "

I was off by 30 cents, you were off by $1.00. ;)

:brick: :brick: :brick:

I knew it was 5.15, because CP's made $6 and I thought it was .15.

:brick: :brick: :brick:

Monorail Lime

When you say "support us" I assume you mean a family of at least two people. I don't want to sound negative, but it will be difficult to support a family on a entry level cast salary as with most other minimum wage jobs. The benefits are pretty decent though so if that's a big issue it still might be worth considering. There have been a number of good threads about cast benefits in the Employment forum.

You really don't want to be a WDW bus driver though. They are the scum of the earth! :D

Invero

Originally posted by Monorail Lime
You really don't want to be a WDW bus driver though. They are the scum of the earth! :D

Ahem? May I remind the Monorail person who comes to the rescue when LIME gets one of it's infamous propulsions??? Mouse House Busses!!! hehehehe

As far as answering pan's question... it's a great job, I love it. We have lots of fun. Starting pay is a bit more than standard Disney starting pay. However, we are currently only hiring part time drivers... (that may change in a few months)

jmarc63

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

What year are you living in? Minimum wage I believe is still $6.15.

By the way, I think this has been talked about before. Search for something or check the Employment forum.

thats the minium wage in rode island

jmarc63

Originally posted by MattsCath
Doesn't minimum wage vary from state to state?

It depends. there if the federal minium of $5.15 but some states have taken the initaitave to raise the minium wage to a more reasonable rate depending on that states cost of living. Here is an excerpt of a letter from new york state Econimists to Gov Pataki to increase newyork's minium wage

An Open Letter on the Minimum Wage To Governor Pataki and the New York State Senate

June 8, 2001

Dear Senator:

_____We 80+ economists support legislative efforts to raise the minimum wage in New York State to $6.75 an hour. The Assembly has already passed a bill to this effect, and we urge Governor Pataki and the Senate to join in a bipartisan effort to make work pay in New York State.

_____Increasing the minimum wage to $6.75 in 2002 and tying further increases to the regional Consumer Price Index will significantly raise income for over 1 million New York workers. Most of the beneficiaries are adults, most are female, and the vast majority are members of low-income working families. This increase is certainly affordable in light of the fact that in 1968 the minimum wage was equivalent to well over $7.00 an hour expressed in current dollars, compared to $5.15 an hour now.

_____By increasing its minimum wage, New York would join a growing list of states where voters and political leaders have chosen to take control over wage policy rather than wait for Congress to act at the federal level. There are now ten states plus the District of Columbia with minimum wage levels above the current $5.15 federal level, including four neighbors: Vermont ($6.25), Massachusetts ($6.75), Connecticut ($6.70 as of 2002), and Rhode Island ($6.15). These states hold in common a high level of average income and a high cost of living, two factors that favor a state minimum higher than the inadequate national floor.

_____In its 1999 Economic Report of the President, the Council of Economic Advisors remarked that "the weight of the evidence suggests that modest increases in the minimum wage have had very little or no effect on employment." While controversy about the precise employment effects of the minimum wage continues, there is no reason to doubt that a modest increase in the minimum wage will achieve the intended goal of improving the well being of low-wage workers

Sincerely,

JTinCT

Disney doesnt start you out at 4.25 for DAMN sure... i was a CP and i started at 6.30 an hour.. now i'm at 6.35 WOO HOO, but i know you dont start out less than 6/hr

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom