Burger King; yay or nay?

wdwfan4ver

I usually don't go to Burger King and it has been years.

When it came to fast food burgers, I am Culver's person. I first had a Butter Burger in the 1990s at around the Wisconsin Dells area.

I was a Kopp's Frozen custard person(vary small Frozen Custard chain founded by Elsa in 1950) for burgers.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As Burger Kings go, there's a fairly good one in my area. As is the case with most food chains, (the service, food, etc.), it generally depends upon the individual franchise owner.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They were great in the 90s... but something has changed. Food is NEVER hot or fresh and a Whopper just taste like bread and mayo. They should seriously consider a menu and name change if they can't make a burger. But I see that they've since added tacos and hotdogs. I guess if your burgers suck you have to venture outside your wheelhouse, if you can call it that.

I do miss a good Whopper though. Maybe one day they'll bring back that flame-broiled goodness. It's a Nay for me. I used to love Burger King. Quality just isn't there anymore.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Most fast food is garbage, but if anything I’ll get the impossible burger or the veggie burger.

We were a demo market for the Impossible Whopper during testing. And honestly it tasted as good if not better than the OG Whopper. Which isn't saying all that much but I was impressed by the "chewiness" of the meatless patty. Flavor was null.

PUSH

The Burger King in my town is not good. The food is always cold, and it takes them a long time to get the order put together. With many other fast food options in town, BK is rarely the one I'll go to.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The Burger King in my town is not good. The food is always cold, and it takes them a long time to get the order put together. With many other fast food options in town, BK is rarely the one I'll go to.

If the (hot) food is cold, that's against health department regulations. I wouldn't go there.

DAR1974

Yes I do like Burger King but in my experience their customer service is horrible. Last time I went I waited over 20 minutes at the drive thru. I haven’t been back in over a year

SteveBrickNJ

I'm bringing this thread back because I want some advice.
I have coupons for Burger King. I will go on Thursday Sept. 12th.
Crispy Chicken sandwich, fries and a drink for $5.49
or
Double Cheeseburger fries and a drink for $3.49
or
10 Piece Nuggets and Large Fries for $3.49 (I'd bring a bottled water from home)
or
2 Bacon Cheeseburgers, small fries and a small drink for $4 (I could still bring a water to supplement the small drink)
What should I choose? o_O
(Yes I know I COULD choose to go somewhere else)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have coupons for Burger King.
or
or
10 Piece Nuggets and Large Fries for $3.49 (I'd bring a bottled water from home)
or
2 Bacon Cheeseburgers, small fries and a small drink for $4 (I could still bring a water to supplement the small drink)

Crispy chicken sandwich, fries and a drink.

Smiley/OCD

I have coupons for Burger King. I will go on Thursday Sept. 12th.
or
or
or
Steve, if I HAD to choose from those options, I'd get the 2 bacon CB, FF and a drink. If it was MY choice, I'd put the coupons thru the shredder and spend a little more and go to Burger 25 on Rt. 37!

SteveBrickNJ

Steve, if I HAD to choose from those options, I'd get the 2 bacon CB, FF and a drink. If it was MY choice, I'd put the coupons thru the shredder and spend a little more and go to Burger 25 on Rt. 37!
Thursday.....like any school work day, I'm allowed to briefly be out of the building for my lunch....by contract it must not exceed 30 minutes. Burger King happens to be 4 minutes from my school. "Burger 25 on Route 37" is 25 minutes from my school.

John park hopper

Haven't been to Burger King in years, I used to like the Whopper with cheese, their customer service in my area is horrible that is the reason I stopped going. McD customer service is not much better and I rarely go there any more. Isn't Burger King owned by a British company now?

SteveBrickNJ

Haven't been to Burger King in years, I used to like the Whopper with cheese, their customer service in my area is horrible that is the reason I stopped going. McD customer service is not much better and I rarely go there any more. Isn't Burger King owned by a British company now?
When I went to my local BK for lunch last school year, the same lady I'd seen each time working the front counter was there to take my order. She's nice and this store is not busy. Customer Service is fine. If I get a burger I ask for No Pickles...No Onions...so they cook it fresh.
I have no idea re. your British question.
Have a great day!

DisneyFreak

I try to eat fast food as little as possible anymore. On those rare occasions when I have a craving I will get a Whopper w/cheese. Luckily there is a McDonald's next store so I get my fries there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom