Bummed Out About the Weather Forecast

il grande chuck

we're *finally* leaving sunday morning for a week at wdw, and the forecast is really crummy. :( thunderstorms are predicted on several days.

i thought i once heard someone here say that in orlando, rain tends to be over and done with pretty quickly. is this true or just wishful thinking?

thanks,

chuck

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
we're *finally* leaving sunday morning for a week at wdw, and the forecast is really crummy. :( thunderstorms are predicted on several days.

i thought i once heard someone here say that in orlando, rain tends to be over and done with pretty quickly. is this true or just wishful thinking?

thanks,

chuck

It has been our experience that the summer storms pass quick. The winter and fall storms tend to hang around a while. However, it helps thin out the parks when it rains....

Upvote 0

natalia1681

One of the best times I ever had during our trips to Disney was when it was raining. Put on a poncho and go for it! It really does thin the crowds out. My husband and I did RnR and ToT at MGM like 4 times each in less than an hour, all because it was storming.:wave:

Upvote 0

emwatdworld

Some of my best times at WDW parks is when it rains. As mentioned earlier, the rain tends to empty out the parks. Most storms come and go quickly, with far fewer people in the parks afterwards. You may find that the rain/storms are not as big of a drawback as you may think! :animwink:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Tonight in Orlando, the weather guesser said there's a shot at rain. We had some bad storms come through this past Wednesday (two tornadoes touched down north of Orlando) and that was the first rain we've seen in a long time.

Don't get upset. This is our "dry" season. If it rains, it helps us out with wildfires, if it doesn't, it stays dry.

Like others said, bring an umbrella or poncho AND Dry socks and you'll have fun.

Remember, rain makes the tourists go back to their hotels!!!

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Not a terrible forcast on www.weather.com , when you look at the % chance of rain. And after many trip to WDW, except for a hurricane, most storms blow over and dont stick around for long periods of time.

I leave in 8 hours! and return Wednesday.....I'll be praying for good weather as well.

Upvote 0

KeithVH

I'd add an extra pair of sneakers and quarters. You can then daily alternate your shoes while the others dry (with a little help from the dryer - depends on your hotel). Do NOT let the rain spoil things. It's just water, things can dry but letting yourself get upset will be something you regret when your trip is over.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

thanks,

chuck

Our forecast here on WDWMAGIC is provided by the same source that NASA use for operations at the cape.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/weather_forecast.htm

It's as accurate as forecasts can be, and it doesnt look too bad for the next week at all.

Have a great time! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom