Building works at Animal Kingdom Lodge

good2cu

Hey, I'm planning on revisiting Disney this year and should like to stay at the AKL.

I've stayed there 2 or 3 times in 2007 but not in 2008 and in the back of my mind I seem to remember some building works being planned.

I did a quick search on the forum but didn't see a thread, could anybody confirm if this is now complete or if there is some sort of completion date? Thanks :)

or if you have stayed there recently how bad the disruption was, i think ill be there middle of feb or early march.

thanks again! :ROFLOL:

Philo

I was there last April and the only thing I could see going on was the building of the Villas. I had read that the lobby and some areas would be under refurb but I don't remember seeing any evidence of this.

I've heard some say that the villa construction is noisy but I didn't hear a thing. We we're however put in a room which faced the building but after a quick chat with a CM we were put in one with a much nicer view (it was our Honeymoon and out TA had failed to tell Disney we paid for an upgrade to a Savannah view so they were very good about it).

Upvote 0

krankenstein

A little out of date, but I was there in October. Outside of the construction on the Villas, I never saw anything other than some painting here and there.

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

Just got back from AKL today and about the only const. we saw were some very minor to part of the roof by the bus stops and the new entrance for the Kadani villas section which isn't near any guest rooms.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom