Build COVID contingencies into your plans

jimbojones

Just got back from a 7 day trip and we all got COVID at the parks. The Orlando medical clinic we went to told us that they were getting a constant stream of wdw visitors coming in with COVID. We missed out on the last two days of our planned park visits and getting home was a significant challenge. We are all vaxxed and wore masks at all times indoors.

If you are planning a trip soon be sure to have contingencies in place if a member of your travel party gets covid. Take a moment to consider how you will afford additional hotel nights while you are in isolation and additional time off from work. In hindsight I wish I had bought travel insurance.

Everywhere we went in Disney there were people with bad coughs nearby. America is COVID central , always assume someone in any crowd has it.

On a brighter note, we found genie+ both easy to use and a great time saver.

I hope this helps those planning now to avoid some of the struggles we dealt with on this trip. If you have a medically fragile family member I would hold off on a Disney trip for a bit.

Tony the Tigger

You give me hope. I had bad enough side effects from numbers 2 and 3 that I passed on 4. With the new formulation, I plan on getting this one, but am waiting until I can be down a couple days if needed.
I planned a day off because I usually need it, but didn’t.

I think my second one was the worst. I also have learned it makes a difference how hydrated you are going in. I now drink a lot the day before and the day of.

My fourth was in a study for Moderna. It was specifically against Omicron, but what they were also testing was the dosage. It was partially blind, so I knew I was getting the vaccine, just not how big of a dose.

I had reduced side effects from that one, really just kind of tired the next day.

So I’m wondering if these new ones are smaller doses. I know they’re combining the original version with a newer one specifically against BA5 and BA4.

Either way, I was totally fine this time. Woo hoo!

Upvote 0

drizgirl

I planned a day off because I usually need it, but didn’t.

I think my second one was the worst. I also have learned it makes a difference how hydrated you are going in. I now drink a lot the day before and the day of.

My fourth was in a study for Moderna. It was specifically against Omicron, but what they were also testing was the dosage. It was partially blind, so I knew I was getting the vaccine, just not how big of a dose.

I had reduced side effects from that one, really just kind of tired the next day.

So I’m wondering if these new ones are smaller doses. I know they’re combining the original version with a newer one specifically against BA5 and BA4.

Either way, I was totally fine this time. Woo hoo!
Definitely encouraging! Thanks for your report.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom