Bugs Life!

Tot Fan

Original Poster
If you haven't been on the ride you may not want to read this. I give away some of the ride.

How many of you have noticed at the end of the ride of "It's Tough to be a Bug" the little pokey things that poke you in the back are somewhat, painful. My little cousin went on it (9) and her back hurt for sometime. And my family was saying how it poked them pretty hard. What do you guys think?:cool:

Erika

Well, I have a lot of back problems and it didn't bother me. The first time I went, it totally caught me by surprise. I loved it! But the surprise element might make it seem worse than it is.

I think you're more at risk of hurting your back on a rollercoaster than by being poked.

MinnieFan

I too have back problems and the "poke" did not bother me. I agree with Erika, I think it is the fact that you don't know it is coming that may make it seem worse. Anyway, I think it is a great show. Only 209 days until I can see it again.

no2apprentice

Mmmm...maybe my nerve receptors were off, but my poke was more on the bottom than in the back. Strange.

What I found really interesting about Bug's Life was some of the comments I had read about young children being traumatized by the show. I thought No Way, it's only a 3-D film! But, when I saw it for the first time and those spiders dropped, about 3-4 parents headed for the exit doors with screaming hysterical children. I thought - Wow, the power of Disney!

mej

And those were the lucky kids! Last time that I was there, a number of kids around me were pleading to leave because they were so scared and the parents did nothing! My kids were fine - hiding behind their dad and I but enjoying it at the same time. I would not have hesitated to take them out if they had been upset.

Tot Fan

Original Poster
Actually!

Well, this may have something to do with it. I was on the one at California Adventure, so there may be a difference there also. The first time in Florida I leaned forward so I didn't feel the poke. So i guess I forgot to mention that. :)

Pioneer Hall

The pokes are nothing...they are soft sided things that barely come out to hit you. I think the surprise makes it seem a lot worse.

alee4eva

I heard it freightened some kids, but they do warn you about it first i think... But AE is the scariest thing in disneyworld.. I'm 17 years old and i still get freaked out where I'm clutching my dads arm! lol

Maria

I always left the show crying.............. for laughing!! :lol:

Specially "this one time" when my parents went to visit me and my dad whipered to my mom that the guy behind him just kicked him (when the poking thing!) My mom could barely tell me as she was crying for laughing so much! My dad had no clue of what happened! I loooooove that show! :sohappy:

Bairstow

The Bug's Life show is the only thing in the entire resort I won't ride. I'm not sure why the show bothered my so much, but all the sensory bits, especially the back sting really &#%@ed me off, not only because it scared me but because I thought it was a cheap bit of sensory effects. It's odd, because I'm not even scared of bugs, I'll pick bees and wasps up sometimes and it doesn't really phase me. I can certainly see why it the show would bother so many children.

GGG1

The surprise factor is fabulous, however, I hear from people that more and more are sitting up when the time comes!!

NADisney

The attraction at WDW is more intense then the one in DCA. When I was at DCA this past April ,the attraction has a smaller theater, you could also see the spiders when they flew out of the cealing . Hopper was not covered in smoke and the lighting effects let you see his animatronic legstands. There was small children present ,but they were not frightened unlike the WDW crowd.

ReDefined

That sting did hurt. It got me right on the spine! My legs tingled a little and those bugs on the seat were a real pain in the A**. So, because of these concerns, I would recommend that Disney not hit people on the spine, because it hurts.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
With all these life threatning injuries im surprised youve not all headed straight for the lawyers office. Perhaps Disney should print disclaimers on the seats similar to the ones on bikes, wing mirrors, nails etc. Or better still issue a set of kevlar body armour, and head torches for those that get nervous with the lights out.

Grim Grinner

Great show, but very painful...

I first saw this show in 2000 while visiting for my honeymoon. When the stingers "get ya".... I felt a terrible pain in my back. Since I was quite worn from walking all day, I was sorta slouched down. This helped me see some of the effects above me... The darned thing speared me right in the spine!

After the show, I felt something wet on my back. That little stinger had torn me shirt and cut me slightly! In addition, the stinger was still poking out of the seat instead of receding. I had to force it back while my wife looked on in horror. Geesh!

When I returned back in 2001, we had gone with another couple. Fearing the intense pain of last time, my wife and I leaned forward when the bees appeared. My friend Carole was no so lucky, and we didn't want to spoil the fun. However, she was poked in a very, uh... secretive region of her body. In the middle of the show she yelled out "I've been violated!"...

Now we all call the show "It's tough to be buggered!"

Erika

Oh, OK. I thought we were talking about the Animal Kingdom one since we're in WDW Gen Disc. It sounds like the DCA one is a lot more intense! The one under the Tree is definitely not strong enough to tear open a shirt. I'd be pretty ticked off if that happened to me. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom