Budget resorts would you recommend

linderman4

Original Poster
Which value resort is the nicest? I know they are all nice just curious which one my 4 year old would enjoy the most, I want to save the extra monetizes for souvenirs and other events like the NSSMP. We have 3 adults and the 4 year old.

HMFan999

Art of Animation tends to get the best reviews and it's the newest. I've never stayed there personally, but that's because it's only a value resort by Disney's own classification. You can usually get into Caribbean beach for less. Pop Century was nice the last time I stayed there, but that was way back in 06. The All-Stars just depend on which theme you think you'd like the best. Don't expect much but a Disney themed motel and you'll be fine.

LUVofDIS

Art of Animation is the most, well animated with more recent Disney themes. Pop is all newly renovated and I think the rooms are awesome, much better than before. Though heavily themed, it is probably more geared towards the memories of adults. All-Star Movies is the only All-Star with renovated rooms, and only half are done. The construction has been put on hold for now with no indication as to when they will begin again. Though well themed for kids, the older rooms at all the All-Stars are dated.

With all of that stated, a four year old would probably love any of the values has they are extremely themed compared to all other Disney resorts. But personally, Pop, is the cleanest and nicest of the values right now.

BWDVCkidsince96

I'm following this just because I'm researching the value resorts so that I can include one in my wedding room block (yay!). I have been leaning towards pop century because art of animation isn't an option for wedding parties which makes me wonder if it is nicer.... but anyway.... my logic is that pop century is recently renovated and will be on the gondola line so more fun access to hollywood studios and epcot. Less buses = happier trip, in my mind.

My research showed that pop century now has 2 queen beds in a standard room, instead of 2 full beds that some of the unrenovated value resorts have. I read that the bath tubs have glass doors rather than a shower curtain so that makes it harder (but not impossible) to bathe kids, but i'm not sure if 4 year olds take showers on their own yet (sorry I have a 1.5 year old).

CaptainAmerica

I'm following this just because I'm researching the value resorts so that I can include one in my wedding room block (yay!). I have been leaning towards pop century because art of animation isn't an option for wedding parties which makes me wonder if it is nicer.... but anyway.... my logic is that pop century is recently renovated and will be on the gondola line so more fun access to hollywood studios and epcot. Less buses = happier trip, in my mind.

My research showed that pop century now has 2 queen beds in a standard room, instead of 2 full beds that some of the unrenovated value resorts have. I read that the bath tubs have glass doors rather than a shower curtain so that makes it harder (but not impossible) to bathe kids, but i'm not sure if 4 year olds take showers on their own yet (sorry I have a 1.5 year old).
It's much easier to bathe babies in the stall showers than in the tubs IMO. Just have mom or dad hold them during their own shower, done in 30 seconds.

Minnie Mum

Which value resort is the nicest? I know they are all nice just curious which one my 4 year old would enjoy the most, I want to save the extra monetizes for souvenirs and other events like the NSSMP. We have 3 adults and the 4 year old.

Honestly, most kids wouldn't care which resort they're at. All they'll be interested in is the TV that they can watch from their bed and the resort pool (and eating in a restaurant for every meal). So just pick the value resort that you think is the most likely to be survivable with 3 adults and a child in one small room. Personally, I'd opt for one of the family suites at AoA or ASM.

aliceismad

If you’re spending any time at the pool, you might take a look at the theming to see which you prefer. AoA feels the most Disney to me by far, but all of the rooms are suites (and therefore more expensive) except the Little Mermaid rooms. Of the All-Stars, I like Movies best because again it feels the most Disney, but I haven’t been there in years. I don’t know anything about the bus schedule/sharing and whatnot there, but I’d look into that before choosing.

disneyfireman

We love POP and All Star Music. The values are very nice and will do the job as good as any other resort. If you need to save some money..the values are great.

Smiley/OCD

The best (of course, that's objective), for our family of 4 (all now adults) is AoA...it's the best themed resort in all things Disney on property. As others have said, because the overwhelming majority of rooms are suites, the next best value is Pop, hands down... very good food court, great bus service and good pool.

kes601

We've (2 adults) only stayed at Pop and Movies. Pop is hands down better than Movies in our opinion. Bus service was better and it just seemed "nicer". We did walk over to AoA while at Pop and it seemed to be much more active in terms of families running around. We were tempted to do a Little Mermaid room for the summer, but the cost over a standard room at Pop ($30/night) didn't make sense. You are not going to get the same amenities of relaxed feel at a value as you do a moderate. We stayed at Coronado a couple of weeks ago for the first time and fell in love with it, however we don't plan on staying there again for the foreseeable future. Would rather save the money and stay at Pop.

CaptainAmerica

As others have said, because the overwhelming majority of rooms are suites, the next best value is Pop, hands down... very good food court, great bus service and good pool.
"Overwhelming majority" is not accurate. It's actually pretty close to half and half, with 1,120 (56%) suites and 864 (44%) standard rooms.

Smiley/OCD

"Overwhelming majority" is not accurate. It's actually pretty close to half and half, with 1,120 (56%) suites and 864 (44%) standard rooms.
then we'll just change it to more suites than single rooms...or a small majority...I was under the impression that the only rooms at AoA that were single were LM rooms...that leaves Nemo, Cars and LK rooms as suites. To the untrained eye, it looks like 3 to 1, but if you say so...I didn't look at the exact ratio...my bad.

CaptainAmerica

then we'll just change it to more suites than single rooms...or a small majority...I was under the impression that the only rooms at AoA that were single were LM rooms...that leaves Nemo, Cars and LK rooms as suites.
Yep, that's correct, but the sections are not equal in size. Mermaid and Cars are three buildings each, while, Nemo and Lion King are two buildings each. Plus, the Mermaid rooms are half the size of the family suites so each building has twice as many bookable units.

Smiley/OCD

Yep, that's correct, but the sections are not equal in size. Mermaid and Cars are three buildings each, while, Nemo and Lion King are two buildings each. Plus, the Mermaid rooms are half the size of the family suites so each building has twice as many bookable units.
Thanks for the info...we've never stayed at the LM rooms

Dad 2 M & M

If you’re spending any time at the pool, you might take a look at the theming to see which you prefer. AoA feels the most Disney to me by far, but all of the rooms are suites (and therefore more expensive) except the Little Mermaid rooms. Of the All-Stars, I like Movies best because again it feels the most Disney, but I haven’t been there in years. I don’t know anything about the bus schedule/sharing and whatnot there, but I’d look into that before choosing.
I can tell you we have experienced shared busing ay Pop/AoA and NEVER when staying at any of the All-Stars! There is another Disney "Blog" that states the All-Stars have shared busing, and implies the busing is always shared. The same Disney "Blog" is where the comparison of the Value Resorts to Motel 6 originates....many read this blog and comment here as if they've had the shared busing experience, and I think that is where most get the idea......not saying they aren't instances where All-Stars share, but we've never experienced it, and it must not happen often...

Thanks for the info...we've never stayed at the LM rooms
One thing to keep in Mind about the Little Mermaid section is NONE of the rooms have been renovated.......

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Pop Century is the best, but the rooms might be a bit cramped with three adults. You might consider getting two connecting rooms as it would be cheaper than a Suite at AoA or All Star Music.

Tom P.

I can tell you we have experienced shared busing ay Pop/AoA and NEVER when staying at any of the All-Stars! There is another Disney "Blog" that states the All-Stars have shared busing, and implies the busing is always shared. The same Disney "Blog" is where the comparison of the Value Resorts to Motel 6 originates....many read this blog and comment here as if they've had the shared busing experience, and I think that is where most get the idea......not saying they aren't instances where All-Stars share, but we've never experienced it, and it must not happen often...
I'm not saying you're wrong in what you report having personally experienced, but the normal behavior is that Art of Animation and Pop Century do not share buses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom