Bud & BBQ Feb. 2009

Rabflmom

Original Poster
Still no concerts named on the website but the tracker has listed 3 dates.

Feb
7th
14th Kenny Rogers
21st. Daryl Hall and John Oates
28th. Jason Aldean

At BG on the Sundays

8th
15th
22nd Miranda Lambert
March 1 Greg Allman and Friends

Rabflmom

Original Poster
Just an update on the concerts

Feb. 7-- Blake Shelton

The all you can eat picnic is being held in the Deli restaurant. $13.95 for passport members. They will also have stands all over the park where you can buy the BBQ for about $7-8 for a sandwich and baked beans if they do like last year.

Rabflmom

Original Poster
Speaking of BBQ, they turned Smokey Creek into a Pizza place.:confused:

Oh my! So are they making the old hospitality house Smokey Creek or the BBQ place for good and not just for the Bud and BBQ? I guess because Manta is so close to Smokey Creek they are putting in a more kid oriented place to eat?

Hmmm they better not get rid of our favorite place to eat lunch in the park. :brick:

Rabflmom

Original Poster
Following up on my last post. Went to Sea World web site and it looks like Voyagers will be the BBQ place, but the menu for it does not include the brisket. It also doesn't say there will be 2 or 3 meat platters. :hammer:The menu also does not include my favorite pasta that I would get for dinner every time we went to SW! I just might have to head to Animal Kingdom for the Flame Tree BBQ more often and drop my passes to SW. I always tell people I bring to SW that I eat my way through the park. Guess that won't be happening as often.

Also they list the Hospitality Deli so they have not gotten rid of the deli type sandwiches.

Rabflmom

Original Poster
Went to the Blake Shelton concert yesterday and he put on a great show, but SW was too stick on the audience for a concert. No one was allowed to stand up to take a pictures, dance around to the music, or basically even at the end of the songs to show they were enjoying the songs! Granted I hate it when someone stands up and dances the whole concert, but he didn't come back and do an encore like most groups do because the crowd wasn't even able to have fun with him and show it. LOL I think it was because one older woman got "bitchy" when people stood up and hooted and holllared when he came on to the stage. When secutrity didn't come up to her, she went down to the CM near us. Went back up to her seat in a huff cussing a blue streak and rudely hit/bumped into a person sitting in an aisle seat because she didn't like what was said to her. Later she was down talking to a deputy. So if ya go to a concert ya have to sit down like you are in the school gymnasium and be good. LOL Hope that changes next week . It seemed to just be 1 person working for SW that was telling everyone to sit down---maybe just going overboard on her job so hopefully they take her off crowd control.

They didn't have as many stands set up to buy BBQ this year. Just a few on the sidewalk to the stadium and the all you can eat BBQ at what used to be the hospitality house. We opted for the BBQ beef sandwich platter. It was a large sandwich( hoagie size) but it was not the traditional brisket slices like Smokey Creek served and like they served at the stands. It reminded me of the BBQ beef you can buy in a can and was not that good. The bake beans had no flavor-sort of just hot pork and beans with a little mustard. Definitely not BBQ baked beans or even country style. Next week I won't be buying the BBQ( don't eat ribs so not sure how good they were but someone said they were $24.99 for the baby back which seems high)

Checked out where Smokey Creek used to be. Serves pizza only for $5.99 or $6.29. Not sure if you still get the french fries like they served at Voyagers with it, but I think you do.

Checked out Voyagers and basically just the pork BBQ ribs and BBQ chicken . No beef bbq on the menu which was my favorite. . No prices on the big sign so not sure how much anything costs. On the main sign it doesn't say anything about combos and I didn't go in the serving line where the other board is so not sure if they serve combos.

Crowds seemed down but the stadium was full for the concert. They were pretty well organized on how the line was let in for the concert, too so there wasn't a stampede for seats. Saturday Kenny Rogers. Can't imagine what that concert will be like after the upbeat Blake concert but I will be there. LOL

Alphakitty24

Bud & BBQ Feb. 2009

I went to sea world for the Hall and Oates concert. It was packed for that one. A lot of people were in line. I didn't go for any of the other concerts. Don't like country.:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom