btk2333's First Trip report

Hey everybody, after my first vacation with just me and my girlfriend at Disney World (1/8/07-1/13/07), I decided to write up a trip report. I have been to WDW more times than I can remember with the family, but this year I was the only one able to go, so for my Christmas present my parents helped me and my girlfriend go to Disney together alone for the first time :xmas:

Forgive me if I take breaks at times, I'm going to try to do a day at a time, and I'll try to come back and add pictures later.

1/8/08

Well we were all packed and checked in the night before for our 7 AM flight to Chicago, unfortunately the fog didn't cooperate and our flight was cancelled by 10 PM the night before. It wasn't the disaster it could have been; however, as we simply drove the 3 hours to Chicago and made our 830 AM flight to Orlando. It was my first time taking the Magical Express and it was much simpler than I expected, although we had a little bit of difficulty finding the desk, our fault though we just kept missing the signs :brick:.

After a short bus ride to Caribbean Beach, we got ourselves checked in but found out our room wouldn't be ready until 4 PM. We were both understandably exhausted, and decided to hope that we could get lunch and our room would be ready early for us so we could take a quick nap, but no luck. While we did have a good meal, something both of our stomachs needed at the time, our room wasn't ready by 230 PM and we just decided to head to EPCOT, where we had made dinner reservations at the San Angel Inn at 515.

At EPCOT, I was particularly excited to ride updated Spaceship Earth, as this had been one of my favorite rides on past trips. Although I expected the worst, I actually enjoyed the new ride, granted I missed parts of the old ride, and my girlfriend loved seeing herself on the little cartoon character at the end (However, this feature lost some of its charm the second and third times through the ride during our later trip back to EPCOT, but all in all we still enjoyed the ride). In all honesty, one of the things I missed the most was not hearing "all roads lead to Rome" during the scene in Rome, as I had associated that phrase with this ride, but that's just my weird selective memory.

After riding, SSE we went to Ellen's Energy Adventure since it had been a long time for me riding the ride, and my girlfriend didn't remember it. It's still a good attraction IMO, but they could update somethings, as newer technologies have come about since the attractions' opening.

Although we still ad about 30 minutes until our reservations at this point, we decided to head to Mexico and eat a little bit early, since the line for Test Track was too long to get the ride in on time and my girlfriend will never ride Mission: Space again after a bad experience last year. The food was good, I had Steak and Shrimp (I'm a picky eater) and she had the steak. We were on the meal plan, and our first experience was good as we saved a little bit of money.

After dinner, we spent some time walking through the countries, but didn't do too much else, since we had only gotten two or three hours of sleep in a bed and a couple hours on the plane, and we got back to Caribbean Beach by about 900 PM, where our room in Jamaica was ready, and got rested for the second day, which would be the first of several marathon Disney days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom