Brown Derby - Fantasmic Dinner Package

dave&di

Original Poster
Hi Guys, I did do a search about this but didn't find anything relevant!

The 2 times we have done the dinner package we have been to H&V, for our next trip in Sept we want to try the Brown Derby. My OH has heard that this will be a set menu, is this right? He can't think where he saw this info!

nepalostparks

Hi Guys, I did do a search about this but didn't find anything relevant!

The 2 times we have done the dinner package we have been to H&V, for our next trip in Sept we want to try the Brown Derby. My OH has heard that this will be a set menu, is this right? He can't think where he saw this info!

According to Disney https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/

The package at Brown Derby includes:

Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

dave&di

Original Poster
Thanks @nepalostparks, that helps.

So if it's a selection of the menu, anyone know what the items are? I'm finding it difficult finding anything out! :oops: if the dishes don't suit me we'll look elsewhere. :( I was hoping to have the Cobb Salad!

nepalostparks

So if it's a selection of the menu, anyone know what the items are? I'm finding it difficult finding anything out! :oops: if the dishes don't suit me we'll look elsewhere. :( I was hoping to have the Cobb Salad!

Everything I see online says you order from the regular menu. Allears notes this has been the case since 2009, and another message board thread had a post from a member saying it was the regular menu they ordered from.

bethymouse

We always pay "out of pocket" if there's an appetizer we want.
Is the Cobb salad considered an entree or just for lunch?:confused:

dave&di

Original Poster
Everything I see online says you order from the regular menu. Allears notes this has been the case since 2009, and another message board thread had a post from a member saying it was the regular menu they ordered from.

That would be brilliant, allears was the site I saw that said about the 2009 change, I wasn't sure whether to trust it! Thanks again!
Same menu for lunch and dinner. The Cobb salad is available in either an appetizer size ($8) or an entree portion ($15).
I love that you can get this as an appetiser as well, that's the one for me!

FLYbyNITE

I've done the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Brown Derby and probably wouldn't do it again. While we love the food there, and were able to order anything off the menu as per our dining plan, there were a few things we didn't like. The first was; they require a very early dinner (like 5:00), we prefer to eat around 6:30 or later. And secondly, their reserved section is off to the right side and when we did arrive for the show (about 45 minutes prior to it) the crowd was pretty large and wound up sitting pretty high up anyway, there were better seats available in the non reserved section. To eat early, and still have to arrive at least an hour early for the show, and than sit in an off centered location, just doesn't appeal to us.

Calvin Coolidge

When I went to WDW with my parents last August my mother got the Cobb Salad, it was definitely on the menu for the Fantasmic! package.

My advice for you is only do the package on a night when you expect the park to be crowded. Otherwise you won't need the advanced seating. Someone else might want to chime in but I'm not sure you need to do the dinner package in September.

dave&di

Original Poster
I've done the Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Brown Derby and probably wouldn't do it again. While we love the food there, and were able to order anything off the menu as per our dining plan, there were a few things we didn't like. The first was; they require a very early dinner (like 5:00), we prefer to eat around 6:30 or later. And secondly, their reserved section is off to the right side and when we did arrive for the show (about 45 minutes prior to it) the crowd was pretty large and wound up sitting pretty high up anyway, there were better seats available in the non reserved section. To eat early, and still have to arrive at least an hour early for the show, and than sit in an off centered location, just doesn't appeal to us.
I'm glad you enjoyed the food at BD, we've done the package twice before and have no problem with the reserved seating area, it works for us! Thanks :)
Ditto - same experience. Truth is, I would rather enjoy a great leisurely dinner at the BD, and SKIP Fantasmic :).
I love Fantasmic! Hopefully I'll love the BD too! :)
When I went to WDW with my parents last August my mother got the Cobb Salad, it was definitely on the menu for the Fantasmic! package.

My advice for you is only do the package on a night when you expect the park to be crowded. Otherwise you won't need the advanced seating. Someone else might want to chime in but I'm not sure you need to do the dinner package in September.
I'm looking forward to trying the Cobb Salad!

The 1st time we saw Fantamic we didn't do the Dinner Package, we joined the queue half an hour before the show and ended up standing at the back with a terrible view! Never again! As quiet as the parks are in Sept Fantasmic is always full! Thanks:)

dave&di

Original Poster
ADR booked! Brown Derby for 5:25pm, hoping this is enough time to get seated, we like to get to the theatre for around 7:30pm, yes I know that's early but I like to be prepared!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom