Brother Bear RULED!!!!!!

KevinPage

Original Poster
Just got back, and it was great. Florida is 3 for 3 now. I thought the movie had the perfect blend of fun, action, seriousness & music. I really wouldn't change anything about it.

I really hope this movie gets the recognition it deserves. Even if it doesn't save the animation world, at least we will get some characters in the parks and maybe a ride/land out of it someday.

Kudos to my ex next door neighbor who worked on the film but has moved away to wherever (not working for Disney as far as I know)

egionet

I also just got back from Brother Bear. It was wonderful. My friend Jennifer and I just cried our eyes out at the end. It's not sad, it's just really happy. I definitely suggest that everyone goes to see this movie because it just blew me away. Definitely one of the best animated movies from Disney in quite some time! Just be sure to go and see it!

KevinPage

Original Poster
Yeah I got weepy there at the end, for happy reasons. I'm a sucker for that, while my wife sits there looking at me (she doesn't weep at movies for whatever reason)

KevinPage

Original Poster
And they are loving it over at MGM apparently. The park closed at 7pm today and a huge fireworks display just finished going off (10pm). Probably a celebration for the people who worked on the film there :)

As Beth said before, the movie was amazing! Definitely cried a little bit at the end (and at one point before too!). What a wonderful story with a wonderful message. I want to see it again!

I would highly recommend seeing this one, everyone! Definitely up to Disney's standards. Plus, the Phil Collins music rocks! :D

~Jennifer~

KevinPage

Original Poster
And I was initially dreading hearing Phil Collins in this music, but it worked so well and all the songs were very feel done and fitting to the theme :)

Totally! I was so happy to see Disney incorporating music into their animated movies again. It's such a part of their movie history...the flicks just don't seem right without strong soundtracks! And BB has a good one, at least as far as I'm concerned. The scene between Kenai and Koda (that's all I'll say to keep from ruining the ending, lol) was definitely made more powerful by the song. It was so good! :sohappy:

~Jennifer~

KevinPage

Original Poster
Jeremy Suarez did an amazing job as Koda. Typically these characters have the potential to be overbearing and annoying, but he wasn't in the least bit.

I'm even more pleased that they were giving out trading cards for FREE last night at the MNSSHP. Now I just have to get my hands on the new Eyes and Ears, I'll be a happy man :)

mickeykid79

OK, the Movie was Grrr-eat,. But did anyone notice "Grizzy Peak"
The mountain where he transforms, looks just like Grizzy Peak from Disney's California Adventure

Davie

We just got back and I have to agree....the movie was great :sohappy: especially the ending! There wasn't a dry eye on our row. And yes, I did notice that it looked like the mountain from CA.

xfkirsten

I agree!! Goooood movie! And I got weepy too, in a couple places. I wasn't the only one, either. I loved the animation on Kenai. It was well done!

I noticed Grizzly Peak in there, too. I'd heard it was in there, but then someone else said it really wasn't. But it was indeed there. Wasn't very obvious, but if you knew the mountain well, you'd notice. :)

-Kirsten

Goofster

ok, so now we sit and we wait. Why won't those studio box office estimates come out allready?!?!? I can't take it much more.

DisneyPhD

I have not seen it yet. We plan to bring 2 1/2 year old DD to it and are waiting a week for the crowds to go down. However I went to the Disney Store yesterday to get 1/2 off halloween costumes for next year and my local store was giving away 2 free tickets when you spend more then 50$. I also visisted another store, they weren't doing the same promotion. Strange.

We did get the sing along DVD and have seen it 4 times so far. Little PhD is getting very excited about seeing it in the movie theature.

I wonder how long until the 2 moose show up in Candada at Epcot.

xfkirsten

Weekend estimates are in. According to boxofficemojo.com, looks like Brother Bear is estimated at $18,540,000. Comes in second, behind Scary Movie 3, which took in 21.1 million.

I betcha is Brother Bear had run all 3 days this weekend it would've come out number 1.

-Kirsten

BRER STITCH

Saw it Saturday morning.
I agree....well done movie. Very enjoyable! :sohappy:

One thing that troubles me however is the bad rap it is getting by print and video critics across the country. Have they had it with Disney after Nemo's success? Almost seems like it!

While there were some pretty obvious similarities to the story line and scenery with "Lion king", entertainment magazines and television shows are calling it a "direct rip-off of LK, Beauty and the Beast, and just about anything else the animoators could get their hands on..." Pretty harsh if you ask me.

I just didn't see it that way. I really liked it! REALLY!

One thing I do agree on is what I read in EW last week: "Phil Collins has nothing left to teach us." The music was only fair...and the song during the "big reveal" between Kenai and Koda was pretty distracting. Frankly, though, I was pleasantly surprised by the Tina Turner song as the movie opened.

And yes....the ending brought more than a few people to tears at my screening, so that has to be worth something!

I predict the public will decide and - critics be damned! - Disney will have another hit on their hands!

Lets just not get carried away with calls for turning this pleasant little film into a full-blown character meet-n-greet or new E-ride, though....because there just isn't enough there.

barnum42

Good to see you chaps giving this the thumbs up. I was at WDW in the run up to the release, and could not help thinking this was a rehash of The Emperor’s New Groove – in terms of man turned into animal. I may just have to give it a go.

By the way I loved New Groove!

dylan0511

This was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. I LOVED the Rams when they were yelling at their echoes. Awesome. Great movie.

I have also read the comparisons between Brother Bear and The Lion King, and also between BB and Ice Age. I don't see the similarities with TLK, and while I do see them with Ice Age, BB has a different message and brings it across in a different way. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and hope to see it again soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom