Brother Bear and Wishes update!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
If Brother Bear does good at the box office, any chance of seeing it come to the parks, whether it's AK, MK, or the Studios, in some form? It looks ok, but of course i'm gonna see it.

sillyspook13

Original Poster
My mom works in the same building as Imagineering..... and over the past few days she's seen them hard at work on final tweaking and timing of Wishes. Work was completed earlier this afternoon- which means....... another test show tonight! This time I watched from my back porch, camera in hand. Pictures will be posted tonight.

There were some effects that weren't in the show last night. There were several heart-shaped bursts, an interesting orb effect, and a hidden mickey! The star burst seemed to fizzle out tonight. Unfortunately we can't see the low level fireworks, including the ones launched from other spots in the park, from my house (stupid trees).

Photos will be sent in to Steve tomorrow.:)

Grumpy56

Re: Re: Brother Bear and Wishes update!

Originally posted by meanmice
I just love phil collins. how sad is that, an 18 year old who prefers phil collins over any other singer?

I don't think it's sad at all. In fact it's wonderful!:sohappy:
I know lots of young people who like music form a wide range of eras and are pretty turned off by a lot of contemporary music. Glad to hear of another one with good taste in music!:wave:

AndyMagic

Just a little note on the release date of Brother Bear. If you happen to live in NY or LA the film is being released on October 24th. Everywhere else is November 1st which, by the way, is a Saturday, not a Friday. This marks the first film in history to be released on a Saturday. Apparently they wanted to avoid clashing with Halloween day.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Just a little note on the release date of Brother Bear. If you happen to live in NY or LA the film is being released on October 24th. Everywhere else is November 1st which, by the way, is a Saturday, not a Friday. This marks the first film in history to be released on a Saturday. Apparently they wanted to avoid clashing with Halloween day.

If you ask me, The Haunted Mansion should open on Halloween and Brother Bear on Thanksgiving...

tinkerbell2

Originally posted by sillyspook13
My mom works in the same building as Imagineering..... and over the past few days she's seen them hard at work on final tweaking and timing of Wishes. Work was completed earlier this afternoon- which means....... another test show tonight! This time I watched from my back porch, camera in hand. Pictures will be posted tonight.

There were some effects that weren't in the show last night. There were several heart-shaped bursts, an interesting orb effect, and a hidden mickey! The star burst seemed to fizzle out tonight. Unfortunately we can't see the low level fireworks, including the ones launched from other spots in the park, from my house (stupid trees).

Photos will be sent in to Steve tomorrow.:)

That's so cool! I wish I could see the fireworks from my back porch! About how long do the fireworks go on for?

Mirage

I couldn't belive the news aboutt the Brother Bear screening.

Could anyone come, or was it a REALLY private event??

I have been obsessed w/ BB and CAN'T WAIT till it comes out. I always wanted to go to private screening and stuff, but they are always in LA or New York. I live in Orlando and am SO ed that i didn;t hear about this earlier.

I mean REALLY REALLY ED!!!!!!!

Sorry, its been HELL week for me here:( :brick:

Mike-O-Wave

If you read the article you will see that it refers to one of the test showings that they do to get audience feedback. A lot can change between that and the final version. For example, Jim Hill says that the test screenings for Nemo were disappointing. In the test screening for Snow White audiences actually laughed at the ending where the dwarfs were taking off their hats around the deceased princess because of an expression Dopey made. After that was cut the scene had the intended effect.

Supermatt70

The heart bursts will be in the romance part of the show with Cinderella. From my understanding of the story boards & script the "interesting orb effect" you referred to is more than likely the appearance of the Blue Fairy that I mentioned awhile back. The hidden Mickey is the "Air Mickey" that Don Dorsey created and is an effect in "Believe." I can't wait to see your pictures and compare them to the storyboards we were shown. I'm still listening to the music and as I said before, the more I hear it, the more I like it!

And, good news for people visiting in December. Wishes is set to show every night in December including nights that the park closes early for MVMCP. MVMCP guests will get to see it twice! Regular show & holiday show.

Originally posted by sillyspook13
There were some effects that weren't in the show last night. There were several heart-shaped bursts, an interesting orb effect, and a hidden mickey! The star burst seemed to fizzle out tonight.

Maerj

Okay, I said I would update when the email for the Brother Bear campaign was ready, so here it is. Feel free to copy and paste it and send it out to everyone you know. Encourage them to pass it on as well. Thanks for your help!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save Disney's Traditional Animation! -- PLEASE READ!

Dear Friend,

You may have heard of the new Disney movie Brother Bear, coming to theaters Saturday, November 1. Brother Bear is the latest spectacle from the animation team that brought us Mulan and last year’s energetic hit Lilo & Stitch. It features new songs written and performed by Phil Collins (Tarzan.) It promises to be a wonderful, touching family film, and we hope you’ll enjoy it.

Unfortunately, Brother Bear will be one of the last traditionally animated (also known as hand-drawn or 2D) movies produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation. (WDFA.) With the notable exception of Lilo & Stitch, recent 2D animation efforts have not been performing as well at the box office as the more technologically advanced computer-generated movies they distribute for Pixar Animation Studios. Toy Story, Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo have all been phenomenal successes, breaking records and gaining praise the world over. Thus, the top Hollywood animation studios, including Disney, are abandoning traditional animation altogether in favor of doing all movies in CGI.

It is important that Brother Bear performs well at the box office so that Hollywood, and Disney in particular, will see that people still love a good, traditionally animated feature film and begin to produce them once more. Computer-generated movies like Finding Nemo and Monsters, Inc. are wonderful, but so is traditional animation, and it would be a shame to see the nearly 70-year-old tradition of hand-drawn animation at Disney become extinct just because the executives think that people no longer enjoy and appreciate traditional product.

As a child, chances are you grew up on Disney’s classic traditional animation, and if you did, you probably want the same for your children and grandchildren. Well, Disney’s classic and innovating new traditional animation might not be there for them to grow up on unless Brother Bear and Home on the Range are big hits.

If you care about high-quality family entertainment and the future of 2D animation, please go see Brother Bear in theaters this fall. See it opening weekend (November 1-2, 2003) and continue to support it throughout its run in any way you can. Spread the word! Tell friends, family, coworkers and others to go see it as well. Forward this email to as many people as you possibly can!

In the realm of fantasy, Disney has always been the driving force, but in the modern world, the driving force is money. If Brother Bear falls, the long legacy of hand-drawn animation will fall with it.

For more information on Brother Bear, please visit http://www.disney.com/brotherbear

For more information about our campaign to save traditional animation, please visit our web site at http://www.ultimatedisney.com/inkandpaint.

If you care, see Brother Bear! I hope you enjoy it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
SO, when will we be seeing Wishes' grand opening? Will it come sometime during the 8-10 media event? I'm heading up to the parks on the weekend, and if Wishes is on, then i'd like to hop over to MK.

CTXRover

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
SO, when will we be seeing Wishes' grand opening? Will it come sometime during the 8-10 media event? I'm heading up to the parks on the weekend, and if Wishes is on, then i'd like to hop over to MK.

Wishes will debut to the public for the first time on October 9th at 9:00pm. If you want to catch it this weekend, it will be shown on Saturday, October 11th at 9:00pm and on Sunday, October 12th at 8:00pm. (No Friday showing during normal park hours). Enjoy and if you get a chance to see it, let us know what you thought:)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Thanks a lot CTXRover! This works out perfect. Now I have the chance to say I was at the third-ever showing of Wishes:D . Are they showing it Friday to the media?

CTXRover

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Thanks a lot CTXRover! This works out perfect. Now I have the chance to say I was at the third-ever showing of Wishes:D . Are they showing it Friday to the media?

Your welcome, NemoRocks. I believe Wishes is being shown to the media on Wednesday, October 8th after park hours. On Friday is MNSSHP from 7-midnight and it is still not 100% certain what type of firework show they will have during these special events. It will probably be the Halloween version of FITS as in the past, but it may also be a new Halloween version of Wishes :)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Surprising news

I talked to one of my friends over at RRC yesterday. From what he said. Wayne Brady will be kicking off Magical Gatherings during his taping....over at MGM. Which is strange. I would've figured that they might have started it over at MK. But apparently his first taping is over at MGM, so they're doing it then so they can get the word out on the show that MG is here.

Also, FITS is the fireworks show for the party. now things might change but that is the planned show for now.

ToTBellHop

I would think holiday showings would be more likely next year...it took a year for Believe...In Holiday Magic! to premier at Disneyland, as it involves creating an entirely new show. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new Holiday Wishes next Thanksgiving through Christmas though--there isn't really any reason to generate an expensive new Wishes show just for a few MNSSHP nights...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom