Broken leg at Disney???

mishel635

Hi everyone! Heading to the world in 3 1/2 weeks with my kids and nieces and nephew and their parents for our Disney Christmas trip and my niece just broke her leg! She will be on crutches when we go.
I'm just looking for some advice in general from anyone who has been through something like this? We are thinking of renting a scooter or motorized wheelchair as we usually log at least 5 miles a day when we are at Disney. Does anyone have any recommendations? She is a very tall 12 year old. (At least 5'8). Thanks!

JourneysEnd

Hi everyone! Heading to the world in 3 1/2 weeks with my kids and nieces and nephew and their parents for our Disney Christmas trip and my niece just broke her leg! She will be on crutches when we go.
I'm just looking for some advice in general from anyone who has been through something like this? We are thinking of renting a scooter or motorized wheelchair as we usually log at least 5 miles a day when we are at Disney. Does anyone have any recommendations? She is a very tall 12 year old. (At least 5'8). Thanks!
Better reserve pretty quick. https://www.buenavistascooters.com/ Oops, sorry have to be 18 to operate.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I wouldn't trust any 12 year old to drive a motorised scooter. For everyones safety (and stress free holiday) rent a wheelchair from Disney. I know you can do it on a daily basis from the parks - might be worth enquiring about any discounts for a length of stay rental

Upvote 0

JourneysEnd

I wouldn't trust any 12 year old to drive a motorised scooter. For everyones safety (and stress free holiday) rent a wheelchair from Disney. I know you can do it on a daily basis from the parks - might be worth enquiring about any discounts for a length of stay rental
Nobody will rent an EVC for an underage driver, but the scooter places also rent wheelchairs that they can move from park to park.

Upvote 0

DRD

I broke my leg (tib/fib) in February (thankfully I was recovered by our recent trip), but a steerable knee scooter was a lifesaver for me. You can get them at any number of healthcare rental stores in a metropolitan area. I wouldn't get it just for the trip, but as a way of getting around in general. It will also make getting around the parks much easier as well assuming they're allowed inside the park.

Upvote 0

brb1006

Are some characters allowed to sign their autograph on caskets for a few visitors with a broken arm or leg? I remember when Denise from Mousesteps had a broken leg two years ago. Anna and Elsa decided to sign the casket she wore at the time.

Upvote 0

KikoKea

I agree that a wheelchair is a better choice. She will be much more comfortable in a WC- hiking around the WS on crutches sounds like agony. If her foot swells, she can easily elevate it, too.

When we took our elderly mothers last year, we rented WCs from Scooterbug (there's tons of others you can use, too) and were pleased. Not very expensive, chairs looked new, and they were waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived. When we left to go home, we simply left them at the hotel baggage desk and the company picked them up. I ordered a folding foam pad for the chair from amazon and they were very happy.

Upvote 0

beanbunny

When my then 6 year old son broke his leg just before our trip, I just borrowed a wheelchair from our local volunteer ambulance loan closet. This way, it was with us from the time we got to the airport to the time we got back home. Didn't cost us a dime & they had no problem with us "flying" it down with us. They even got a good laugh when we returned it with a few Disney stickers on it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom