British Flooding -- Steve?

diddy_mouse

My boss' husband has his daughter and grandkids visiting from London and they mentioned all of the horrible rain that's been going on. I had no idea it was this extreme! :( Thoughts are with fellow board members in the UK. Hope you all stay safe and weather the storm (sorry.....unintentional bad pun :dazzle: )

Jellyfish

His mum lives on the Hampshire coast.

Looking at the map again:

uk_flood629X420.gif

Dave is a little to the right and down a bit from Reading. I'll be driving through that way tomorrow on my way to my folks in Surrey, which is to the right of Hampshire.

It's been pouring down here all day, but forecast for tomorrow and Saturday is much better.

The news has shown that in Gloucestershire they have been having problems supplying drinking water. The water authorities have been setting up large containers and filling them with water for people to fill up their own containers, but some people are getting greedy and hoarding as much water as they can, meaning others go without. Then the yobs move in and vandalise the containers....

The army is now distributing bottled water.

Im in warwickshire :(

Jellyfish

Luckily as i am slightly on a hill its just below the door line, and we havent been hit by the dirty water so we do have running water yes :)

I'm sammy btw :D

barnum42

They said on the news here that hundreds of thousands of people are without clean water and that several have died as a result of the floods. My best wishes to all of the U.K. members here and their families and friends.

Those who rely on a water treatment plant in Tewkesbury have the water supply problem. The whole plant was flooded. They've been working 24/7 to get it up and running again.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's kinda ironic that in the middle of a flood crisis, one of your major concerns is a lack of water.

Glad you're all safe. :wave:

prberk

Original Poster
It's been a couple of days. Have things gotten better?

No word here on the American news.

Paul

Jellyfish

Well we've had hot sun for 3 days solid so the waters have gone down, but we are expecting a hard hit downfall this weekend.

Boats at the ready

barnum42

The water plant at Tewkesbury is back on line, not all houses are connected and those that are can not use the water for drinking (even after boiling) - only sanitation. Because the plant was flooded so were the pipes and it will take a week of testing before they will be happy to declare the water fit to drink.

The huge downpours forecast for the weekend were thankfully much lighter than predicted so the country has had a bit of a break.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Where the heck have I been?? I am so happy to hear everyone is ok. Keep us posted. My area was hit by severe flooding about 5 years ago and it was horrible. We were literally trapped in our house since we live near a lake and the water surround us.

I will keep you all in my prayers.

Pam

Jellyfish

Thanks :D but luckily the sun is actually starting to move some of the water so things are getting better but they think the cost of clear up will be massive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom