Bringing collapsible seats into the parks

SteveAZee

Can anyone point to (if there is one) Disney's policies on bringing chairs/seats/stools into the parks? I'm thinking of the kind that can fold up or collapse into something that fits in a backpack. I wondered if they catch that at the gate or if it's OK to have it but using it is a different matter, and if CM's would come by and tell you that you need to stand and 'put that thing away'.

Solution
Can anyone point to (if there is one) Disney's policies on bringing chairs/seats/stools into the parks? I'm thinking of the kind that can fold up or collapse into something that fits in a backpack. I wondered if they catch that at the gate or if it's OK to have it but using it is a different matter, and if CM's would come by and tell you that you need to stand and 'put that thing away'.

• Folding chairs are not allowed in any theme park, water park, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser or Disney Springs.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

• Folding chairs are not allowed in any theme park, water park, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser or Disney Springs.

Upvote 0
Solution

SteveAZee

Original Poster

It certainly makes sense, the folding chair thing. I found this collapsing/telescoping thing that collapses to 10" x 10" x 3" so technically it doesn't fold nor is it really a chair... more a stool.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

One of my pet peeves.
People complain about too many wheelchairs or scooters but Disney has worked very aggressively to remove the majority of benches, etc.
And then prohibits portable seating. I don't know if they permit those small combo seat/cane types.
I noticed at Universal that there is a lot of bench seating available, it was nice.

Upvote 0

Tori

It certainly makes sense, the folding chair thing. I found this collapsing/telescoping thing that collapses to 10" x 10" x 3" so technically it doesn't fold nor is it really a chair... more a stool.
Those are not allowed either. They fall under the foldable chair category.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My mom used to bring the cane/seat thing to WDW, but that was back in 2009-2010. I saw someone use one during my trip to Disneyland this past Easter. I remember seeing it and thinking of my mom using it and then wishing I had one because my feet were killing me at the moment. But like all things it may come down to the security guard & cast member letting it through or denying it.

Upvote 0

celluloid

One of my pet peeves.
People complain about too many wheelchairs or scooters but Disney has worked very aggressively to remove the majority of benches, etc.
And then prohibits portable seating. I don't know if they permit those small combo seat/cane types.
I noticed at Universal that there is a lot of bench seating available, it was nice.

As rides break down more than ever and pause for Genie Plus merging, you are also having people stand at one spot in line more than ever. Which is much more painful on knees and joints over time than just a constant frequent walk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MissingDisney

We took the expandable disk seats in May. We used them to wait for the parade and shows but when it started they make you collapse them, which is fine. We didn't have any issues with them.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Thanks! Did you use them elsewhere, or just waiting for the parade?
Used them While waiting for Fantasmic and we perched in the back along the hard scape at HS during the evening show so we were out of the way. We sat along the edge of a walkway/fencing during HEA, etc. We were very conscientious to be out of the way and not be a tripping hazard to anyone.
We never used them in an attraction line. Those move too quickly so not really needed. We each carry a string bag so we just put them in that. No problems all week.

Upvote 0

mysto

An ECV may work, and since it carries itself it weighs nothing?

Those chairs are light but they won't fit in my pocket so they are a no-go for me. Same for popcorn buckets. Special edition cupcakes get two thumbs up though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom