Trip Report Bring out the Tour Guide Flags.. I’M TAKING THE NEWBIES! A June TR

Jambo once again everybody! :)

I never thought I’d be writing 2 Trip Reports in 1 summer! Well, technically the first TR of the summer was back from January because I was having Disney withdrawal and didn’t think I would be lucky enough to go back this summer… But after an invite at Grandma’s house on Memorial Day and a few weeks later I WAS ON MY WAY BACK TO DISNEY WORLD! :D This time with my relatives who had never been before, hence the name of the TR! The whole time we joked about getting a flag like the lovely *cough cough* tour groups so that in case they fell behind they could still see where I was going;)

Let’s start with the introductions!
I’m gonna do separate pictures cause I thought that’d be easier for now than a big group picture and trying to pick everyone out haha!
I’m not sure if you all know me by now or not so I’ll start off the Roll Call :p

Myself, Rachel (19), Disney enthusiast, volleyballer and Disney College Program hopeful! I also love to laugh and just have a great time with family :)

The Narrator herself by LeCellierLover, on Flickr

My cousin Kyle (18), obviously new to all things Disney (he didn’t want to hear or see anything about it because he wanted to be surprised) and loves, I mean LOVES all things Star Wars!

Kyle and Cinderella by LeCellierLover, on Flickr
This was taken on the trip during his quest to get a picture with all the Princesses :p

My other cousins McKayla (15) and Raven (14), they’re sisters and (obviously) Kyle’s sisters as well haha. McKayla is on the right-hand side of the picture with Raven being on the left. This was taken in their room at home hence all the decorations on the walls ;) Both new to all things Disney, but they looked a lot up on YouTube. McKayla loves all things Anime and her favorite character of all time is Peter Pan! Raven is my mini-me and is obsessed with the show Dance Moms, her favorite character is Tinkerbell!

Raven and McKayla by LeCellierLover, on Flickr

And last, but certainly not least, the bread and butter of this trip, my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dan (forever kids at heart that never wanna grow up :D ). They had been dreaming about this trip forever and wanted everything to be a surprise as well. My aunt is up for anything and my uncle is just like Kyle and LOVES all things Star Wars!

Aunt Kathy & Uncle Dan by LeCellierLover, on Flickr
This picture was obviously taken during the trip as well. Their 1st time seeing Cindy’s Castle! :)

So how did I get to go on this trip with my relatives some may ask? Well we always go over to my grandma’s on Memorial Day and my aunt Kathy had asked my mom to help her plan some of the trip (like where to buy tickets, what parks should they do on which days, etc.). Well I kept popping in and out of the room they were in and was gushing with excitement for them. Well, I think my wonderful mom told my aunt how much I wish I was going on the trip with them to show them the ropes and experience everything with them. The next thing I know I was called outside by my mom and my aunt came up to me and softly asked “Do you want to come with us to Florida?!” I SCREAMED with excitement, I couldn’t believe it! I had to ask multiple times “Are you guys sure?!”. Then I was able to break the news to Raven and McKayla and they were STOKED! Kyle’s comeback was “REALLY?! We have to squeeze ANOTHER person in the car?!” and my Uncle Dan laughed and said “Hey the way I see it she’s another driver! :p” So that was that! I got home and plugged the date into the Disney Countdown app on my phone as we anxiously awaited June 22nd! :)

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
We had run out of things to do so we decided to walk back to HP World and make our sweet purchases at Honeydukes!

Back through Jurassic Park we went!

We had to take a bathroom break and of course Raven and I needed to take another mirror pic haha!

Oo the clash of lands.. I know people complain about seeing Rapunzel’s Tower by The Haunted Mansion, but at least (unlike HP and JP) you don’t hear Fantasyland music in the HM queue or HM music in the Tangled bathrooms!

CRAZINESS! Just kidding it wasn’t that bad.. I just took a horrible picture for some reason haha!

After we made our purchases we decided that we were hot and exhausted from taking Disney by storm and there was really nothing else we wanted to do so we started to head out. My uncle and Kyle looked at the different swords on display in one of the stores in The Lost Continent which they thought were pretty cool. We also stopped in the big shop at the entrance to IoA because I wanted a minion key chain, but I couldn’t find one that I liked :(

I just remember it being soo hot as we made our way through Seuss Landing and back to the entrance of the park. Like I said earlier we were basically crawling through the boardwalk.. thankfully our car was nice and close! Thank goodness for that $24 parking :) ;)

So our day at Islands of Adventure was complete.

This is where I have a hard time justifying like $95 just to get into IoA.. I love love love the Harry Potter and Jurassic Park sections! I know that if we took the time to explore The Lost Continent and Seuss Landing more we could have extended our time there, but nothing really appeals to me at this park. So basically we pay $95 to see 2 lands that could take us 3 hours (or less depending) to get through. And I guess that’s my fault for not taking the time to get to know Universal better, but like I said I’m just so biased and love Disney so much that I just overlook a lot at Universal.. :( It was still a very enjoyable day with a lot of great memories made!

My uncle was exhausted when we got back to the car so I offered to drive (I know I’m such a great niece! :p lol jkjk!). So as we got on the highway to get back all of a sudden it started to POUR! You all know the Florida torrential downpours where you literally, no matter how fast your windshield wipers are going, cannot see a centimeter in front of you.. Kyle jokingly started freaking out and grabbing the car door handle acting like I was going to make us crash, but my aunt practically slapped him across the face from the backseat because I could tell she was getting very nervous. The rain let up but people were pulling off to the side of the highway left and right and I said “You babies! If you just keep driving it gets better!”, but I jinxed myself because right as I said that it started down pouring again even worse (if that was possible.. haha!) I was freaking out a little bit, but just told myself I needed to stay confident! So what did I do? I made light of the situation and started singing “it’s a small world after all!” my family got a good laugh out of that haha! Needless to say we all breathed a sigh of relief when our exit came!

Once we got back I knew I needed to whip out this bad boy!

We all just napped and chilled out while it rained outside until dinner time.

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Now here’s another funny story..

So when it came time for dinner we decided that we wanted pizza! There were a bunch of menus in our timeshare and we found a place that was supposedly close called Flippers Pizzeria. So we got in the car and headed over to where our GPS said it was. Well we couldn’t really find it so we decided to type other pizza places into our GPS and found a Giordano’s (YES CHICAGO PIZZA!) not too far down the road so we decided to take a detour and go there! And luckily we decided on Giordano’s because while we were at a stop light on our way there we found Flippers delivery car.. We could not stop cracking up HAHA!

We made it to Giordano’s in no time and felt right at home at the Chicago inspired restaurant!
I guess Raven was so hungry that she would’ve eaten a mouth full of gumballs..

Obviously deep dish pizza takes awhile to cook, but luckily they had a restaurant entertainer coming around making balloon animals! The guy was a little weird though.. My family likes to joke and he wasn’t having any of it. He said his name and his last name was the same as mine so I said “Oo that’s cool that’s my last name too!” and he just stared at me like he thought I was trying to be a smart aleck.. My uncle and I exchanged glances with each other like “Ok we’re done talking to him..” Haha!

Raven got a dolphin

Doesn’t his balloon hat just explain it all..

McKayla got a turtle!

And I got a palm tree!
All of our guys together

The whole dining experience was a little odd because our waitress was not that good either, but of course we made the best of it! :)

After our tummies were full with good pizza we headed back towards our timeshare, but kept going on Irlo Bronson until we found..

As we approached the entrance Raven blurts out “Did you ever realize that the Walmart symbol looks like Cheetos that are synchronized swimming?!” although she said she saw the joke online so we teased her for not being original haha!

My aunt had been wanting to get Disney gifts for a bunch of different people in the family, but of course as we all know, Disney merchandise can be expensive! So she had the idea to get Disney stuff from Walmart. The amount of presents that she got for the price she did was significantly different than what she would have gotten/spent in the parks, I was amazed!
And Walmart’s in Florida do have some unique Disney merchandise!

I ended up getting a case for my iPad

and a tank top that I’m pretty sure I had seen in one of @tiaragirl trip reports and had wanted so bad!

While we waited for my aunt to purchase everything, Raven, McKayla and I ended up taking a picture that turned out to be one of my favorites. I was feeling so blessed and loved at this moment!

Once we got back to our room we split up the Harry Potter desserts and had a tasting of each. Soo yummy!

We ended the night with more Disney trivia on the tv and packing. We were all getting soo sad because we knew what was coming up the next morning.. departure day :(

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Love the jumping in front of the castle pictures. I'm glad you kept trying because the last one is perfect and the others are fun. I've said so before but you have a fun family.

It is so nice that your family was able to have such a great time. I hope they will be able go back again!
Aww thank you so much! :) I am very thankful and lucky to have the family that I do! It's always such a great time wherever we go! I'm glad they were all game for trying the jumping pictures with me haha!

I don't mind Universal pics/report at all! Your trip report was soooooo good. I can feel the excitement as I read through it all. Can't wait to read the rest!
Thank you so much for reading along! I love writing trip reports! :D
Btw I love your prof picture! Frozen is my favorite! :inlove:

haha yes those tank tops are still adorable! I bought a Malificent one and Mulan one the last time I was at hot topic...trying to get all the princess movies represented (I say movies because I'm not a huge fan of Sleeping Beauty so I chose Malificent for that one lol) I have enough to wear every single day in May...I'm so excited! LOL. I can only imagine the $$ we've all spent at Hot Topic....

And yes I promise! it won't be red velvet (I don't like that kind) but I will try one!!! :) I'll make sure to post it on twitter or instagram too so you can see it!!!

I am so happy your family fell in love with the magic that is Walt Disney World!!!!! :)

And I can't wait to see pics from IOA!
That's awesome! Haha omg I know right?! I recently got 2 pairs of Rapunzel socks there and I was just going to get 1, but it was buy 1 get 1 50% off so of course I had to get 2 haha!
Ok perfect! I'm sure their other ones are just as delicious! Can't wait to see your pictures on my Instagram newsfeed! :D
Thanks, I am so glad they found the magic too!
Thanks for reading along!

What the?! Ankar's is just a few miles from my house!
I just ate some hummus there tonight.
No way?! What a small world! :happy:

FlaggNL

Still an awesome report ;) love all the universal pics! I understand your opinion about justifying $95 for Universal.... Just because Disney is more into your system (just as our system by the way) but on the otherhand there are a lot of rides/lands that are not possible into WDW so it adds more fun into your stay in Florida ! We are going 6 days to the Disney parks and 2 days to Universal...... We hope and know that we made the right choice ;)

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
Still an awesome report ;) love all the universal pics! I understand your opinion about justifying $95 for Universal.... Just because Disney is more into your system (just as our system by the way) but on the otherhand there are a lot of rides/lands that are not possible into WDW so it adds more fun into your stay in Florida ! We are going 6 days to the Disney parks and 2 days to Universal...... We hope and know that we made the right choice ;)
Thank you thank you! :) And yes I totally agree! Just like I would like to go back to SeaWorld and I would even go back to Universal! I just wish it was cheaper, but then again everyone wishes Disney was cheaper too :( Haha! You definitely did make the right decision because my family and I were going to go back this June, but unfortunately I think we're going to have to save it for next time! However, other family members will be staying at Universal the same time we're there so I think we're going to meet up with them at the city walk area! :)

TinkandCrew

I 100% agree with you about Universal. The couple times we have gone there, we left at a fairly early time and had the "ripped off" feeling. We were also upset that out of the few rides we had available to us, a few of them were down the day we were there, making the "ripped off" feeling intensified. :grumpy:

The last time we were there, we swore that was the last time we would go. Then........drumroll please......Transformers opened. Now my hubby insists we go for our upcoming trip...just for the simple fact of that ride. I told him that we will investigate every nook and cranny of that place until I feel I got my money's worth. :hilarious:

I also looked up Universal's park hours for the week we are there and they close at either 6pm or 7pm. That just seems so early...it doesn't even sound right. City Walk stays open really late, but Universal is 6pm or 7pm! I don't know about IOA, we aren't visiting that side this time. Hmpf!

I so very much enjoyed your trip report...I'm sad to see it coming to an end. I echo your statement....packing to leave is the most depressing feeling in the world! Ugh!

PartOfYourWorld

I have to comment on this...you mentioned $95 just to go to IOA? Well, Mike and I were considering going to Universal for 1 day but to both parks...I was hoping Diagon Alley would be open (big HP fan here) but alas I don't think it will be until June/July...so the price of 1 day park hopper was $138.....and we probably wouldn't have stayed until closing....prices are just as crazy as Disney! LOL. but needless to say we came to our senses and will wait until Diagon Alley opens for a while to go back...but I do love the HP section in IOA! I cried the first time I walked through it was like the books/movies come to life and I was in it. Okay enough of talking about that LOL.

I'm glad you guys had fun on your Universal Day! And I have to admit I love the balloon animals you guys got!!! :)

So sad to see you're trip report come to an end :( but you'll be back soon now right and you'll have another one??? :)

photoflight

As we approached the entrance Raven blurts out “Did you ever realize that the Walmart symbol looks like Cheetos that are synchronized swimming?!” although she said she saw the joke online so we teased her for not being original haha

No...no...no... everyone knows it's synchronized Candy-Corn swimming. Good guess though ;)

And Walmart’s in Florida do have some unique Disney merchandise!

So do the grocery stores. This winter Publix has had Disney reusable grocery bags that I've never seen. Snagged a Tinker Bell one (not for me) and a Planes one (for me). They had Cars and other princess-motif ones. Haven't seen them anywhere else.

lbrad

LOVED your TR!!! Soooo sad to see it come to an end :(
You have a beautiful family .... truly blessed.
The picture of you & your cousins in Wal Mart is just ADORABLE :inlove:
Thank you for sharing your family & fun with all of us :happy:

FlaggNL

Thank you thank you! :) And yes I totally agree! Just like I would like to go back to SeaWorld and I would even go back to Universal! I just wish it was cheaper, but then again everyone wishes Disney was cheaper too :( Haha! You definitely did make the right decision because my family and I were going to go back this June, but unfortunately I think we're going to have to save it for next time! However, other family members will be staying at Universal the same time we're there so I think we're going to meet up with them at the city walk area! :)

So you agree that a stay in Universal for a day of 2 is worth the trip? When we are there it's also Halloween season. We hear a lot of good stories about the Halloween nights at Universal and the youtube movies speak for itsself! But then again it will be extra Dollars we want to spent inside the Magic World ;) And off course there is the Not So Scary Halloween Party inside WDW if it is possible for us to arrange tickets for thst nights ;) We are also considering Fastpass + and getting ourselves magic bands as soon as we arrive! And hej that's the fun part of the pre trip feelings considering things and making choices.... Although as said before we aremore 'go with the flow' people instead of planning our trip from hour to hour ;)

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
June 30th- Day 9

We woke up around 6:30/7am the next morning dreading what was coming next.. departure day :(
This day is also one of the only times you guys will see us frowning in pictures haha!

Once we got up, packed the last of our belongings, and packed the car, it was time for one last Disney group cheer!
You can tell no one was happy about it being the last one though.. haha!

It is always custom for me to take a bunch of pictures of me being sad while leaving Disney, so I made sure to get McKayla and Raven in on the action!

We’re gorgeous I know.. ;)

Bye bye beautiful palm trees.. :(

We made our first pitstop outside of Orlando.

While there I got a water and this big honkin’ circle of sugar and carbs out of a vending machine! Great, healthy breakfast I’d say ;)

My uncle would kill me if he saw this up here, but after awhile my aunt took over while he slept :p

More (yucky) bathroom mirror piccsss! HAHA

Then we hit some rain.. as if this day wasn’t dreary enough :( I felt bad for my aunt because this rain was just as bad as the rain that I drove through coming back from Universal!

At least the drive back through the Tennessee mountains was pretty! :)

Miss Raven stole my Beats and phone while I was sleeping.. :p

Nashville!

And I’ll let this beautiful sunset conclude my trip report! :)
We did end up driving straight through on the way back and it was a little rough, but better to just rip the "end of vacation" bandaid off then stay overnight somewhere. We ended up arriving back at my house around 4/4:30am in the morning (I know my dad was getting up for work when I got back haha) and after many half awake hugs and thank yous my relatives were headed back to their house while I stayed up and told my mom all about the trip until I fell asleep until noon haha!

Thank you all soo muuch for reading along and reminiscing my trip with me! :D

Overall we had such a blast, we still talk about the trip whenever we get together! We could honestly talk for days about all the memories and inside jokes that were made on this trip! My relative’s first trip to Disney was definitely a dream come true for them (and me!) and I know it will not be the last trip for them either! They wanted to go back soo bad this summer, but Kyle’s going off to college in the fall and McKayla and Raven will be following along soon after that so unfortunately they have to save for other things.. :(
Hopefully soon we’ll be able to have the whole family down there?!
Staying off property was something that I haven't done in a long time, but honestly, since it saved them a ton of money it was worth it. The drive was 5 minutes from the parks and we had bigger living space with a full kitchen. I know that they would have loved to have been immersed in the magic by staying at a resort, but I think that now they just have even bigger anticipation built up for their next trip when they are able to stay on property!
It was also different for me this time not park hopping each day. Never ever in my wildest dreams did I think we would be able to last all day at one park, in the summer heat and humidity, with no down time in the afternoon back at the room or by the pool, but somehow it all worked out! The days really did fly by! First thing I knew it was 8am and the next thing I knew it was 9pm at night and we were heading out of the park! I thought it was so cool to see how much we could fit into each day that I never thought was possible to accomplish at each park!
I loved being able to be their “tour guide” for the week because I loved seeing Disney through new eyes! I am so incredibly blessed and thankful to have the family that I do and to have them ask me if I wanted to go with them 2 weeks before they left was just absolutely amazing and I still to this day cannot thank them enough for the vacation that they gave me! :)

With that being said I am happy to announce that my next trip back to the World is coming up in 50 DAYS!!!! :D:D:D:D:joyfull::hilarious::inlove::happy::)
If I get all of my end of the year papers done I may be able to do a Pre-Trip Report before we go!
TTFN! Thank you all so much, again, for reading along!
See ya Real Soon!

LeCellier.Lover

Original Poster
I LOVED your report! It looks like you & your family had soooo much fun!!!
Thank you for reading! :happy: Yes, we definitely did! It was the trip of a lifetime!

I 100% agree with you about Universal. The couple times we have gone there, we left at a fairly early time and had the "ripped off" feeling. We were also upset that out of the few rides we had available to us, a few of them were down the day we were there, making the "ripped off" feeling intensified. :grumpy:

The last time we were there, we swore that was the last time we would go. Then........drumroll please......Transformers opened. Now my hubby insists we go for our upcoming trip...just for the simple fact of that ride. I told him that we will investigate every nook and cranny of that place until I feel I got my money's worth. :hilarious:

I also looked up Universal's park hours for the week we are there and they close at either 6pm or 7pm. That just seems so early...it doesn't even sound right. City Walk stays open really late, but Universal is 6pm or 7pm! I don't know about IOA, we aren't visiting that side this time. Hmpf!

I so very much enjoyed your trip report...I'm sad to see it coming to an end. I echo your statement....packing to leave is the most depressing feeling in the world! Ugh!
Ugh that's stinks that some of the rides were closed.. :arghh: I hope you'll be writing a TR after you guys get back (I know we won't even think about that yet though :cool:) because I have not been to the Universal side in probably 8 or 9 years.. I do want to go back just to go on the Minion ride, but again, I can't be going just for one ride.. Even though I've heard how awesome the Transformers ride is!! My family also loved the Men in Black ride last time we went! And now they have another section of Harry Potter opening?! Curse you Universal.. :cautious: Haha! I hope you guys have so much fun though I can't wait to hear about it!!
How can packing be soooo awesome when you're going, but soo incredibly sad when you're leaving?! :cry:

I have to comment on this...you mentioned $95 just to go to IOA? Well, Mike and I were considering going to Universal for 1 day but to both parks...I was hoping Diagon Alley would be open (big HP fan here) but alas I don't think it will be until June/July...so the price of 1 day park hopper was $138.....and we probably wouldn't have stayed until closing....prices are just as crazy as Disney! LOL. but needless to say we came to our senses and will wait until Diagon Alley opens for a while to go back...but I do love the HP section in IOA! I cried the first time I walked through it was like the books/movies come to life and I was in it. Okay enough of talking about that LOL.

I'm glad you guys had fun on your Universal Day! And I have to admit I love the balloon animals you guys got!!! :)

So sad to see you're trip report come to an end :( but you'll be back soon now right and you'll have another one??? :)
Haha I totally agree with you though that the Harry Potter section is awesome! When I went in June 2012 I was so skeptical about going, but once I got in there (and I like HP, but am not a huge fan) I was in awe! It is very well done! I mean I guess they had to go big or go home since they had to compete with the New Fantasyland opening and everything else that's always changing at the World! ;)
I did love our Universal day, just like the others because it gave us so many different memories to take back home with us!
Thank you so much for reading along girl! I cannot wait to hear about yours and Mike's anniversary trip! :hilarious:
And you'll obviously be seeing pictures of my trip on Insta before I right a full report here haha!

i went to universial once and got to take a picture of spiderman with me and my sister int he giftsop of universial. it was cool
It was very cool to meet Spiderman! Definitely different than meeting Mickey and the gang haha!

No...no...no... everyone knows it's synchronized Candy-Corn swimming. Good guess though ;)

So do the grocery stores. This winter Publix has had Disney reusable grocery bags that I've never seen. Snagged a Tinker Bell one (not for me) and a Planes one (for me). They had Cars and other princess-motif ones. Haven't seen them anywhere else.
HAHAH Candy Corn I didn't even think of that! :joyfull:
I love Publix! We don't have those in the Midwest (or the east coast where I currently go to school)!
And are you sure you didn't pick up a Tinker Bell one for yourself?! :p
Thanks for reading! Love love LOVE your TR and all of your pictures!!

LOVED your TR!!! Soooo sad to see it come to an end :(
You have a beautiful family .... truly blessed.
The picture of you & your cousins in Wal Mart is just ADORABLE :inlove:
Thank you for sharing your family & fun with all of us :happy:
Aww thank you soo much! Your words are too kind! :happy:
I love that picture of us as well, it's hanging on the wall in my room! The funny thing is is that we weren't even planning on taking the picture I just went to hug Raven and then McKayla hugged me and I said "WAIT WE NEED TO SNAPSHOT THIS!" Hahah
Thanks for reading!

So you agree that a stay in Universal for a day of 2 is worth the trip? When we are there it's also Halloween season. We hear a lot of good stories about the Halloween nights at Universal and the youtube movies speak for itsself! But then again it will be extra Dollars we want to spent inside the Magic World ;) And off course there is the Not So Scary Halloween Party inside WDW if it is possible for us to arrange tickets for thst nights ;) We are also considering Fastpass + and getting ourselves magic bands as soon as we arrive! And hej that's the fun part of the pre trip feelings considering things and making choices.... Although as said before we aremore 'go with the flow' people instead of planning our trip from hour to hour ;)
Yeah that's where I guess it all just depends what you're willing to give and take.
I cannot wait until my schedule is more open and I can go down around Halloween time for the party and decorations because I have never seen Disney in the fall! I've been every other season but then because of playing volleyball! Disney Halloweens are more of my cup of tea because I see commercials and advertisements for the Universal Halloween and I know I wouldn't like it because I'm a big cry baby when it comes to scary stuff! Like seriously the Haunted Mansion freaks me out.. :cyclops:
I love what goes in to planning a trip! Plans and reservations are always changing and that's what makes it fun and builds the anticipation for the trip! :D
Aren't you guys going to be getting MagicBands in the mail before you go? I'm not exactly an expert on the whole system yet.. :confused: Haha!
My family does love planning, but "Go with the Flow" is also one of our favorite quotes! :happy:

Doc Disney

It took me forever but I finally made it through your whole report! It was so good and everyone seemed to have such an amazing time! I feel like you had a good balance of letting your family explore Disney on their own and occasionally pushing them in a direction when needed :) Sometimes I think when I am with people who have never been to Disney its so hard to let them explore on their own and not be so excited to show them all the things you love haha

dancingtodisney

Yah you finished! Really enjoyed reading your trip report, you have some brilliant photos and it looks like you had a brilliant time. It's great that you've another trip coming up soon, looking forward to the PTR if you get around to it :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom