Bring B’Lou Crabbe & Shadow Back to DHHIR!

kelvarnsen5

Original Poster
Hi all!

I‘ve been a long-time WDWMagic reader, but I’ve never felt compelled to post something myself until now. My wife and I have been DVC members since 2011, and before that I was an almost-annual visitor to WDW going back to 1988 (when I was only 2!). Shortly after joining, we made our first visit to Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and quickly fell in love with it; it is now a must-do trip for us each year. While the property itself is absolutely gorgeous, the true magic of DHHIR is the amazing cast members who work there. They are the friendliest and most helpful Disney cast we’ve ever encountered.

Of all the amazing cast members at DHHIR, the most magical is B’Lou Crabbe. He is a musician, storyteller, magician and living embodiment of the spirit and hospitality of the low country. He has delighted guests for years with his funny stories, expert fiddle playing and kind and welcoming demeanor. He’s often accompanied by Shadow, the only real-life animal mascot at any Disney resort.

After being forced to stop performing in March 2020 due to COVID-related closures and restrictions at the resort, loyal DHHIR guest have been anxiously awaiting the return of B’Lou and Shadow in 2021. It now appears, unfortunately, that this return may never happen. All signs point to Disney opting not to bring this beloved performer and integral part of the DHHIR experience back. In response, the guest community is doing everything we can to show our support for B’Lou and Shadow and voice our displeasure to Disney leadership. This includes starting a change .org petition (https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-d...-shadow-to-disney-s-hilton-head-island-resort) that we’re hoping others in the Disney community will sign.

If you’ve ever visited DHHIR and enjoyed a program with B’Lou, please consider signing this petition. If you love any of the unique performers who call a Disney resort or theme park home, please consider signing this petition. If you believe the real magic of a Disney vacation is not a trackless ride system or a Genie+ Lightening Lane reservation but the wonderful cast members who devote their time and energy to make our family vacations as special as possible, please consider signing this petition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom