Brightline train from South Florida to Orlando should be operational by summer 2023.

TrainsOfDisney

I just rode brightline last month when transferring from the airport to my cruise and then back. My Uber driver in Miami said he was really excited about the Orlando extension and he planned on taking the train to Orlando as soon as it was running.

I know I’ll be using it when traveling from Disney to cruise ships, etc.

tanc

I just rode brightline last month when transferring from the airport to my cruise and then back. My Uber driver in Miami said he was really excited about the Orlando extension and he planned on taking the train to Orlando as soon as it was running.

I know I’ll be using it when traveling from Disney to cruise ships, etc.

Well, your username certainly checks out.

Jokes aside, I wonder how much the fare will be. Sad that the Disney Springs extension won't be there. I wonder how many people will utilize the rail, but I guess if you're coming from Miami/ Southern Florida it makes sense.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m still disappointed Disney isn’t taking advantage of this, I love being able to jump on the train at the airport in Paris and take it directly to Disney.

I also love being able to stay at a DLP hotel (familiar and relaxing) and easily be in the city in half an hour.

I think their temper tantrum over the train going near Universal is going to cost them in the long run. It would have been so convenient for the cruise ships too. Short sighted.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I haven't checked a map in a bit - would it be feasible to take this from the airport to Universal? Just wondering for a possible Super Nintendo World trip.
We’re probably at least a decade out from the Sunshine Corridor opening which will provide SunRail and Brightline service to a new multimodal station near the Orange County Convention Center. Universal has proposed a new community development district to help finance this new station and presumably associated last-mile transit.

Presumably not in the plans because of highway toll money. Sadly.
Brightline pays for lost toll revenue as part of its leases.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Depending on run times, this could turn WDW into a quick, last minute day trip. I love the idea of not having to drive, getting some work done on the way (how good is internet on high speed rail?) and presumably getting there faster.

Hope it’s not too pricey!

Where are we going, honey? Oh, just a ride up to Tiffins and back. Happy Tuesday!

DisneyCane

Depending on run times, this could turn WDW into a quick, last minute day trip. I love the idea of not having to drive, getting some work done on the way (how good is internet on high speed rail?) and presumably getting there faster.

Hope it’s not too pricey!

Where are we going, honey? Oh, just a ride up to Tiffins and back. Happy Tuesday!

I don't see how traveling to the station in south Florida, arriving before the train departure time, taking the rail trip and transportation in Orlando to WDW will possibly take less time than hopping in the car and driving to WDW.

Even with a short bathroom break I can get from my house in Broward to a parking lot at WDW in barely over 3 hours.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I don't see how traveling to the station in south Florida, arriving before the train departure time, taking the rail trip and transportation in Orlando to WDW will possibly take less time than hopping in the car and driving to WDW.

Even with a short bathroom break I can get from my house in Broward to a parking lot at WDW in barely over 3 hours.

It's not about time. The idea is not having to drive.

I'd happily ride on a train for an 60-90 minutes longer than the drive to not have to deal with 95 or the turnpike.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
It's not about time. The idea is not having to drive.

I'd happily ride on a train for an 60-90 minutes longer than the drive to not have to deal with 95 or the turnpike.
💯

Reading vs. yelling at the slow guy in the left lane. I’ll take it.

But speed is good, too!

They likely need to upgrade a lot of stations and streets with crossings. Brightline has killed so many people down here already. IMO, the arms that block the streets need a different setting vs when slower trains are coming through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom