Bridging a discounted ticket to a extra day.

Phonedave

I know that you can (or a least could) bridge a discounted ticket to an AP. Buy a discounted ticket for $45 off of face value, enter the park with it to "lock in" the value, and then upgrade it to an AP and get the full value of the ticket.

My question is, can I do the same thing, but only upgrade to an extra day.

We will be going for 6 full days this summer. I can get a 5 days for the price of 3 with hopper through work for about $60 off of gate price. They do not offer any sort of 6 day ticket.

Can I bridge that discounted 5 day hopper to a 6 day hopper at the parks? (adding on a day)

If I can will it be $10 - the cost of adding a 6th day to at 5 day pass bought at the parks, or will it be about $50 (the 6 day park ticket cost - the discounted cost of the 5 day pass).

When do I have to pull the trigger on this upgrade? Do I have to do it on the first day, or can I wait until the middle of the trip to do so.

Thanks

journ116

My travel party did both of your scenarios on our most recent trip in the beginning of February: my family and I upgraded to AP's, while other members of our group added a day to their 5-day PH, and here's how that process went:

*I bought the other travel members' tickets from UnderCoverTourist at $349.95/a. & $329.95/c..

*We entered a park first, as you said, "to lock in that value." Prior to leaving AK that day, we stopped at Guest Relations to see how easy & how much it would cost to upgrade.

*The other 4 adults and 1 child in our group were able to upgrade their 5-day PH to a 6-day for $10 each. The very kind and informative CM told them that if they wanted to add yet another day, they could do so for the same amount ($10-12), but had to do so before their last park day was used & before the 14 day expiration took effect. From start to finish, all 5 tickets were upgraded in only 15 min.! In actuality, they only paid $359.95/a. & $339.95/c. for a 6-day PH vs. $381.27/a. & $361.04/c.!

In other words, "Yes, you will be able to bridge your 5-day PH to a 6-day PH at the cost of Disney's price difference (which would be $10/ticket), not between your discounted price and Disney's." And I would recommend you "bridge your tickets" prior to leaving your first park.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Original Poster
My travel party did both of your scenarios on our most recent trip in the beginning of February: my family and I upgraded to AP's, while other members of our group added a day to their 5-day PH, and here's how that process went:

*I bought the other travel members' tickets from UnderCoverTourist at $349.95/a. & $329.95/c..

*We entered a park first, as you said, "to lock in that value." Prior to leaving AK that day, we stopped at Guest Relations to see how easy & how much it would cost to upgrade.

*The other 4 adults and 1 child in our group were able to upgrade their 5-day PH to a 6-day for $10 each. The very kind and informative CM told them that if they wanted to add yet another day, they could do so for the same amount ($10-12), but had to do so before their last park day was used & before the 14 day expiration took effect. From start to finish, all 5 tickets were upgraded in only 15 min.! In actuality, they only paid $359.95/a. & $339.95/c. for a 6-day PH vs. $381.27/a. & $361.04/c.!

In other words, "Yes, you will be able to bridge your 5-day PH to a 6-day PH at the cost of Disney's price difference (which would be $10/ticket), not between your discounted price and Disney's." And I would recommend you "bridge your tickets" prior to leaving your first park.

Thanks - that is awesome news.

As I said, we are going to be there 6 whole days. We have one day planned as a waterpark day, and most of the time the kids want to do a park after the waterpark. My wife and I have APs, so thats not an issue. But if it was going to cost a bunch to upgrade to 6 day tickets, then going to the parks for a few hours after the waterpark is not really worth it. However for $10 more per kid - totally a winner.

Thanks again!

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom