Bridal Ears

Omnimover

Original Poster
Does anyone know which "bride" themed mouse ears are currently available? All my searches have yielded are the "sequined headband" style ears, but the information appears to be a couple of years old. I thought I'd turn to the experts for up-to-date information. Are the traditional "Mouseketeer Cap" style bride ears currently available? I see them on the disney official site online store, but has anyone actually seen them in the parks lately? The official site is so buggy most of the time, I'm hesitant to trust it. Half the time we end up with a description of Journey Into Imagination that talks about the ride from 1988...

The fiancee and I will be headed down for our honeymoon this fall. She's very excited about the two of us wearing the bride and groom ears during our time in the parks. Hopefully I can convince her to let me wear the top hat with ears instead of the "tux" ears... :eek:

Omnimover

Original Poster
Yep, those are the ones I saw myself, I'm just hesitant to trust the website. I guess I'm good to go. Thanks for checking.

DisneyChik17

You're welcome! And, I am also very hesitant to order off of the internet, but since it is through Disney Shopping, you should be fine. You can also go through the mail order, though I don't have the number, and use the site as a reference.

MissM

Does anyone know which "bride" themed mouse ears are currently available? All my searches have yielded are the "sequined headband" style ears, but the information appears to be a couple of years old. I thought I'd turn to the experts for up-to-date information. Are the traditional "Mouseketeer Cap" style bride ears currently available? I see them on the disney official site online store, but has anyone actually seen them in the parks lately?
I've only really seen the "sequined headband" Princess/bride ears lately IN the parks. I used to see the bridal and top hat groom ones a lot but then starting a couple years ago, I couldn't find them. (I was looking for a pair for a friend's wedding as a gift.) I even asked CM's and only one or two knew what I was talking about. I have to admit, I haven't looked recently, but I really just haven't seen them in the parks. If the website has them in the more traditional Mickey ear shape, and that's what you really prefer, I'd say go for it. Just because it's better to be safe than sorry and it would be really crappy to arrive and they were sold out on property when you couldn't picked them up for sure online.

wdwCC

Does anyone know which "bride" themed mouse ears are currently available? All my searches have yielded are the "sequined headband" style ears, but the information appears to be a couple of years old. I thought I'd turn to the experts for up-to-date information. Are the traditional "Mouseketeer Cap" style bride ears currently available? I see them on the disney official site online store, but has anyone actually seen them in the parks lately? The official site is so buggy most of the time, I'm hesitant to trust it. Half the time we end up with a description of Journey Into Imagination that talks about the ride from 1988...

The fiancee and I will be headed down for our honeymoon this fall. She's very excited about the two of us wearing the bride and groom ears during our time in the parks. Hopefully I can convince her to let me wear the top hat with ears instead of the "tux" ears... :eek:

I bought the bride and groom ears last fall for my brother and his new wife. They were the the traditional Mouseketeer type ears. I seem to think it was at MK I bought them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you do not order them online you will have no problem finding them in the parks. They are at nearly every large store in the parks.

jen2009

We purchased ours in March for our wedding at the Disney store in DTD. They had both kinds. The headband and regular mousekeeter type. They were also available in the gift shop in MK. The one was to the left just as the shops started on main street with all the other hats. I would highly recommend the top hat and bride headband. The mouse hats looked weird and were very uncomfortable. Besides, you get more attention with the top hat and it just looks so much better. My fiance wore his during our whole trip, even to dinner. Good Luck!!:wave:

Omnimover

Original Poster
Thanks again to everyone for all the advice. It looks like we should be in good shape if we want to buy them on arrival.

I'm thinking about having the WDW florist service make a gift basket with the ears already made for us as a surprise for my fiancee when we arrive at the hotel. Cost a little extra, but she's worth it. Anyone have any experience with that?

DiPSU224

Thanks again to everyone for all the advice. It looks like we should be in good shape if we want to buy them on arrival.

I'm thinking about having the WDW florist service make a gift basket with the ears already made for us as a surprise for my fiancee when we arrive at the hotel. Cost a little extra, but she's worth it. Anyone have any experience with that?

I used the WDW florist on our honeymoon with a surprise basket for my husband. I called them directly, ordered what I wanted and it was waiting for us in our room when we arrived. Easy enough.

As far as the bride/groom ears, you might be able to find them on ebay as well. My husband and I had the previous versions that I guess they stopped making by the time we honeymooned. I had bought mine back in '99 (before I even met my husband!) knowing I would honeymoon there one day. People were stopping us everywhere to ask where we got them. I personally like them better than the ones they make now.

hats2.jpg

wilsonhanks

I used the WDW florist on our honeymoon with a surprise basket for my husband. I called them directly, ordered what I wanted and it was waiting for us in our room when we arrived. Easy enough.

As far as the bride/groom ears, you might be able to find them on ebay as well. My husband and I had the previous versions that I guess they stopped making by the time we honeymooned. I had bought mine back in '99 (before I even met my husband!) knowing I would honeymoon there one day. People were stopping us everywhere to ask where we got them. I personally like them better than the ones they make now.

hats2.jpg

Nice pic. Funny, we got engaged on 5/2004 in th Magic Kingdom and honeymooned there for 2 weeks after getting married 5/2006

we both were there May 29- mid June

Omnimover

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for all your help. I should be in good shape now. I've now got info, tips, and links to spare to make this work. It was nice hearing all your wedding/honeymoon stories as well (and a great picture, to boot).

That's why this forum is the best. Friendly people who always go that extra mile to help.

Daisy&Donald23

My husband and I had the bride and groom ears at our wedding. I had the headband with the sequined ears as I don't believe they made the traditional one anymore for the bride. We gave them to our band ahead of time, and when they sang Beauty and the Beast in the middle of the reception, they brought them out for us to wear. It was a great aspect of Disney to add to our wedding day! (Plus, we named all of our tables after Disney couples...just modest Disney touches for two huge Disney fans!)

DizneyPryncess

Both the headband & the mousketeer style are in the parks & in DTD. We saw them everywhere last week. It seems that the mousketeer style ears are taking over the headband style. I was a year late! I love the new style - last year I had no choice but to wear the headband & it was so annoying.

Also, something else I thought was cute....when you enter main street, look for a store on your right called La Chapeau. You can design your own mouse ears. They had an example bride ears in the window that were adorable!! If I were doing it over again, I'd go in & make them because they were really unique. :)

Also, my DH used Disney Florist to have a glass slipper & tiara delivered on a pillow of roses. It was beautiful! I highly recommend using them.

wilsonhanks

My husband and I had the bride and groom ears at our wedding. I had the headband with the sequined ears as I don't believe they made the traditional one anymore for the bride. We gave them to our band ahead of time, and when they sang Beauty and the Beast in the middle of the reception, they brought them out for us to wear. It was a great aspect of Disney to add to our wedding day! (Plus, we named all of our tables after Disney couples...just modest Disney touches for two huge Disney fans!)

our tables were named the same way :)

dreamfinder

I have seen some places that people have called the WDW Merchandise line and have been told that they are out of the top hat for men, but still had some of the headbands left for women. So it definitely seems like they are switching over to the ones that are available on the Disney Store website.

Spinky

Also, something else I thought was cute....when you enter main street, look for a store on your right called La Chapeau. You can design your own mouse ears. They had an example bride ears in the window that were adorable!! If I were doing it over again, I'd go in & make them because they were really unique. :)

I was woundering if that shop did bridal Ears that were a bit different, i'm definatly going to wait to get ours now. Our first stop will definatly be that shop :D

DisneysRedHead

I was in the Disney Store on 5th Ave this weekend and they were all out of Bridal ears, but they did carry the Mickey Top Hats. I'm hoping if I wait a couple more weeks they'll carry the bridal ones again.

It doesn't hurt to check out a local disney store if you can!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom