Breakfast on a Hollywood Studios day?

indycindy

Original Poster
I need suggestions. We are staying at Coronado Springs. I currently have reservations for that morning at Cape May Cafe. I am not neccessarily against going there, but we are already seeing Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's this trip, so I don't know if we need to see them again. I have two little girls, so we are doing the following character meals:

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Cinderella's Royal Table
Cape May Cafe (maybe)

The following morning we are having breakfast at Captain's Grille, so I don't want to go there.

I'm not really familiar with the grounds, so I don't have a good idea of what would be close to HS, but I know, for example that 1900 PArk Fare would be way far out of the way. I don't mind AT ALL going to another resort for breakfast! I want to see lots of resorts :) But I am trying to do the resorts that are at least SORT OF close to the park we are going to that day. I want to have a YUMMY breakfast - if anyone has any suggestions about a better breakfast in close proximity to HS, please let me know. If you think we should stick to Cape May, than let me know that too.

THANKS!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Cape May will be the closest you have on your list to DHS. Hollywood n Vine inside of DHS has a character breakfast but it features Little Einsteins June, Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso and possibly Jake from the Neverland Pirates.

I really can not recommend any character breakfast based on food alone especially if you are not on the DDP. All are drastically overpriced and the menus are largely the same across the board. Each restaurant might have a unique thing or two, but for the most part you are going to see the same eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc at every one.

If you need to see Minnie, Goofy and Pluto and want to be close to DHS, Cape May will fit the bill.

Zman-ks

Kouzzina on the Boardwalk is I'm told excellent for breakfast.
75.gif

It is...:)

Another vote for Kouzzina! It is close and quiet and has an interesting menu that will be different from your other choices but still familiar. I highly reccomend the waffles with marscapone cream cheese!

Dad 2 M & M

A cupcake at Starring Rolls Cafe IN DHS.
Hollywood and Vine is the character breakfast IN DHS. You could try that.
Staring Rolls has some great selections!!
I agree with plaz10, I always get a big cinamon roll for breakfast at starring rolls when we go to HS.
You can also try the Writer's Stop for good pastries!!
We had fun at Hollywood & Vine breakfast...good service, out before park opening, and food for this meal on par with the other character breakfasts.
Agree with H & V for breakfast ONLY! The buffet is as good as the rest of the character buffets in property.
I need suggestions. We are staying at Coronado Springs. I currently have reservations for that morning at Cape May Cafe. I am not neccessarily against going there, but we are already seeing Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's this trip, so I don't know if we need to see them again. I have two little girls, so we are doing the following character meals:

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Cinderella's Royal Table
Cape May Cafe (maybe)

The following morning we are having breakfast at Captain's Grille, so I don't want to go there.

I'm not really familiar with the grounds, so I don't have a good idea of what would be close to HS, but I know, for example that 1900 PArk Fare would be way far out of the way. I don't mind AT ALL going to another resort for breakfast! I want to see lots of resorts :) But I am trying to do the resorts that are at least SORT OF close to the park we are going to that day. I want to have a YUMMY breakfast - if anyone has any suggestions about a better breakfast in close proximity to HS, please let me know. If you think we should stick to Cape May, than let me know that too.

THANKS!
Have you considered Tusker House at AK? I would consider dropping Crystal Palace and giving Tusker a shot, if AK is on your itinerary at all?

DVC4bestvacations

Staring Rolls has some great selections!!
You can also try the Writer's Stop for good pastries!!
Agree with H & V for breakfast ONLY! The buffet is as good as the rest of the character buffets in property.

Have you considered Tusker House at AK? I would consider dropping Crystal Palace and giving Tusker a shot, if AK is on your itinerary at all?

Drop the Crystal Palace NOT!

Mr.Skunkape

Drop the Crystal Palace NOT!

My personal biggest complaint about Crystal Palace is they have to many tables and I always feel like a sardine in the dinning room. If they would remove 20% of the tables so that you could walk from your table to the buffet line without having to squeeze between tables that are much to close together it would be more enjoyable to me.

MOXOMUMD

Having a little girl I would recommend Hollywood and Vine. The characters are June, Jake, Manny and Oso. They would enjoy the singing Disney Jr. host and there are brief interactive times where they can dance with the characters but not long enough for them to forget they are there to eat. My DD still has to get up to do the Hot Dog Dance and she's seven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom