Breakfast Hours

nickys

Premium Member
We totally don’t use it! We fly in from the west coast (and I now fly in from Hawaii) so that’s a 3-6 hr time zone difference for my mm and me. We now splurge for the deluxe resorts so we can do the EEH and stay in the parks later. It was one thing to do early entry when our boys were babies and toddlers and up anyway (and we were used to being sleep deprived) but the west coast/Hawaii time zones, coupled with all-day touring for 7-10 days, is too exhausting for us.
Most days we have breakfast in the room first. One reason why we always stay in a 1 or 2-bed DVC villa, rather than a studio.

I did rope drop once, at MK when it was in front of the park with the train. I then went back to Bay Lake for breakfast. The only other times I’ve been in the park at rope drop were when I was doing tours that started before rope drop.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
@Club Cooloholic I was perusing the MDX app this morning to get a sense of what they're serving for breakfast at The Mara these days in anticipation of an upcoming trip, and I noticed that they were opening 30 minutes earlier than I would have expected.

They're open for grab-and-go starting at 6:30, with hot breakfast available starting at 7:30. Park hours today are 9/9/8:30/8, so 8:30/8:30/8/7:30 with early entry.

Maybe a step in the right direction.

ToTBellHop

7 am definitely felt too late at Beach Club, but we had a studio, so we ate there. I love the new post-50th coffee blend with its fruity notes.

If you wait to eat in the parks, we didn’t notice many options. The only exception is DAK, which has coffee and breakfast sandwiches everywhere until 10 am. I wish the other parks would do the same.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
7 am definitely felt too late at Beach Club, but we had a studio, so we ate there. I love the new post-50th coffee blend with its fruity notes.

If you wait to eat in the parks, we didn’t notice many options. The only exception is DAK, which has coffee and breakfast sandwiches everywhere until 10 am. I wish the other parks would do the same.
I'll die on the hill that the Starbucks sausage egg and cheese are delicious.

cjkeating

I was actually disappointed in DAK. The pre-made sandwiches didn't appeal to me, the only hot option was Starbucks or Yak & Yeti serving very ordinary American breakfast options.

DHS has the breakfast Ronto Wrap (god tier) and Woody's Lunchbox does some tots with breakfast gravy or something which was nice. MK did a nice multi-grain croissant with egg, cheese and bacon with a side of tots from Friar's Nook. I didn't go to Epcot so can't comment.

I really wish AK would bring back the Pandora breakfast as it was AMAZING when Pandora opened, with everyone flocking to Pandora for Early Entry at 0730 and Satuli not open until 1000 it feels like they are leaving money on the table.

James J

In the Parks
No
I was actually disappointed in DAK. The pre-made sandwiches didn't appeal to me, the only hot option was Starbucks or Yak & Yeti serving very ordinary American breakfast options.

DHS has the breakfast Ronto Wrap (god tier) and Woody's Lunchbox does some tots with breakfast gravy or something which was nice. MK did a nice multi-grain croissant with egg, cheese and bacon with a side of tots from Friar's Nook. I didn't go to Epcot so can't comment.

I really wish AK would bring back the Pandora breakfast as it was AMAZING when Pandora opened, with everyone flocking to Pandora for Early Entry at 0730 and Satuli not open until 1000 it feels like they are leaving money on the table.
Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery has hot options in DAK - we got Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuits from there and they had cinnamon rolls, croissants, muffins and fruit too.

Isle of Java also had the Sausage, Egg and Cheese biscuit as well as pretzels and Tiger Tails.

bingobingo

Yes, it’s an issue for us. My kid is 4 and would be an absolute demon if she had to wait for breakfast until we’re in the parks. We do early entry but not like front of the line rope droppers, so we like to grab breakfast right at 7 then head out. On our recent trip we learned a few places don’t have staff on site right at opening who can prep allergy friendly options (daughter is allergic to eggs). After being really delayed twice we gave up and landed on fruit and dry cereal in the room. Really wish there were more breakfast options in the early AM.

england1

when the kids were younger with the time difference from the UK we all used to be up at 4 am on the first day and nothing open till 7 am, we always used to go for an early dip in the pool and no one minded, no if I remember even the pools do not open till 8 or 9 am

surfsupdon

YES!

Disney starts breakfast way too late, and they are not open late enough. 11pm for a park close at 11, or 12a. At least advertise and show at the doors rstaurant/food court/grab and go hours. It'd be much appreciated.

MickeyLuv'r

@Club Cooloholic I was perusing the MDX app this morning to get a sense of what they're serving for breakfast at The Mara these days in anticipation of an upcoming trip, and I noticed that they were opening 30 minutes earlier than I would have expected.

They're open for grab-and-go starting at 6:30, with hot breakfast available starting at 7:30. Park hours today are 9/9/8:30/8, so 8:30/8:30/8/7:30 with early entry.

Maybe a step in the right direction.
We stayed there in April, and found the breakfast options to be lacking. After the first morning, we made do with a combination of rations we'd brought and food we picked up in the parks the night before. (Whenever we visit WDW (or any vacation) we bring a few non-perishable snacks.)

One travel food I like is the fruit bars called "That's It." They are good, and only contain fruit, no sugar. Trader Joe's also has their own brand of the same thing, except slightly different flavors. The flavors with mango are our favorites. The bars are a good travel food, IMO, because they keep for quite a while, don't take up much luggage space, taste pretty decent, and don't quickly melt in FL heat.

MickeyLuv'r

Anyone else think they start serving breakfast way too late, considering how much a premium Disney places on getting to the park early, especially to take advantage of the half hour resort guest perk? I know my last trip I was up at 6 something prepping to make my Genie bookings(ah, vacation) and was hankering for some coffee and a breakfast sandwich.
One exception we've found are the Swan, Dolphin, and SR. We've been able get a quick breakfast there starting at 6am.

We were also able to get breakfast delivered to our room at SR. I don't normally do room service very often, but it is a good workaround in this situation. We kept our early breakfast on the light side and the price wasn't too bad. SR has a nice continental breakfast option we split. On top of that we ordered some waffles and they arrived nice and crisp. Later, we either had an early lunch or a snack in the park. (It kinda works well in WDW these days to eat something around 11-11:30am, IMO.)

Another option is to pick up grab and go items the day/night before. One night we got food at the Boardwalk, but I think all 3 grab and go places at the S/D/SR are open 6am-10pm. I dislike the name Fuel, but the place offers a decent selection of continental-style breakfast items.

MickeyLuv'r

I suspect it’s a staffing issue. If they open at 6am they need staff on shift at 5am.

But it has the added “advantage” of staggering the crowds at the resort bus stops and park gates
1. I think AM staff needs more than an hour to prep the food.
2. I should think though that WDW would make more than enough money back if they staffed an hour earlier. Instead, many WDW customers buy groceries or eat food they packed from home. It seems a bit shortsighted.

What this really points to, IMO, is that the people making the decisions are disconnected from the experience/requirements they have created for their customers. If higher ups ever visit the parks, I doubt they actually use G+, or otherwise experience the hotels and parks the same way us peasants do.

I do think though, that Disney has tipped the boat. Parkgoers used to love the food courts, and they were decent, but that wasn't enough $ for the higher-ups. So WDW kept raising prices/trimming food costs, thinking it would increase profit. Short term, it did. Longer term, it drove WDW's customers to seek alternative food options.

I think adding hours would bring back some customers, but if WDW really wants to win people over again- they will need to serve better quality food. IF- and this is a BIG IF- but IF WDW rasies food quiality when they bring back the dining plan, there's a good chance they can win some customers back.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
1. I think AM staff needs more than an hour to prep the food.
2. I should think though that WDW would make more than enough money back if they staffed an hour earlier. Instead, many WDW customers buy groceries or eat food they packed from home. It seems a bit shortsighted.

What this really points to, IMO, is that the people making the decisions are disconnected from the experience/requirements they have created for their customers. If higher ups ever visit the parks, I doubt they actually use G+, or otherwise experience the hotels and parks the same way us peasants do.

I do think though, that Disney has tipped the boat. Parkgoers used to love the food courts, and they were decent, but that wasn't enough $ for the higher-ups. So WDW kept raising prices/trimming food costs, thinking it would increase profit. Short term, it did. Longer term, it drove WDW's customers to seek alternative food options.

I think adding hours would bring back some customers, but if WDW really wants to win people over again- they will need to serve better quality food. IF- and this is a BIG IF- but IF WDW rasies food quiality when they bring back the dining plan, there's a good chance they can win some customers back.
Yeah dont think the return of the DDP will raise the quality, considering the Dining Plan IMO, is one of the reasons the food quality declined in the first place. Once your customers have paid for all their restaurants fornthe week without even seeing the food there is little impetus to put out quality stuff.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Yeah dont think the return of the DDP will raise the quality, considering the Dining Plan IMO, is one of the reasons the food quality declined in the first place. Once your customers have paid for all their restaurants fornthe week without even seeing the food there is little impetus to put out quality stuff.
Still, one can hope.

Monkee Girl

I’m always up early and would love having an earlier breakfast. Most times I just head for the park and grab something there or just skip it. I hate having to manage the breakfast crowded food courts with the screaming kids.
this. I'm an early breakfast person. I like to be able to sit in silence and kind of get myself in the right place to start the morning. Nothing like hitting the Poly at 6am and sitting out by the pool and all that. Once I'm in the park I really don't want to worry about finding a place to eat or holding other people back who aren't hungry till later. I mean...it's not THAT big of a deal, everyone makes it work, but the whole Breakfast not starting till 7-8 is too late for me. you can't even fill up your mugs in the morning because the whole place is locked up sometimes.

and I'll throw out the early closings in the evening too. Come back from the park and can't fill up your mug or grab a snack before going into the room is annoying too. I completely get the debate on employment but I'm also in that 'you pay all this money to enjoy a hotel and they close everything so early'. That's not just Disney. I get it. I'm just griping, haha.

JIMINYCR

this. I'm an early breakfast person. I like to be able to sit in silence and kind of get myself in the right place to start the morning. Nothing like hitting the Poly at 6am and sitting out by the pool and all that. Once I'm in the park I really don't want to worry about finding a place to eat or holding other people back who aren't hungry till later. I mean...it's not THAT big of a deal, everyone makes it work, but the whole Breakfast not starting till 7-8 is too late for me. you can't even fill up your mugs in the morning because the whole place is locked up sometimes.

and I'll throw out the early closings in the evening too. Come back from the park and can't fill up your mug or grab a snack before going into the room is annoying too. I completely get the debate on employment but I'm also in that 'you pay all this money to enjoy a hotel and they close everything so early'. That's not just Disney. I get it. I'm just griping, haha.
Getting up early has never been a problem for me, but I like to have a cup of coffee and something to go with it and sit in peace contemplating what the day is going to be. The food court jammed with screaming kids and the buziness of it defeats that kind of start of the morning. Often I'll grab and go and try to find an outside spot to sit.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Getting up early has never been a problem for me, but I like to have a cup of coffee and something to go with it and sit in peace contemplating what the day is going to be. The food court jammed with screaming kids and the buziness of it defeats that kind of start of the morning. Often I'll grab and go and try to find an outside spot to sit.
I like to go down withmy son, whos favorite meal is brealfast, and get a coffee and eat with him.
On the days I am up earlier than everyone I will go down and grab stuff for everyone and have my coffee, but since Disney wants us at the parks as early as possible to get any benefit of staying on site, there is just no time since breakfast opens so late. Often we just have granola and yogurts in the room

Last edited:

Raxel7851

I enjoy getting up early and heading to the food court for my morning java. I’ll find a quiet spot somewhere and bust out my iPad Air and enjoy the solitude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom