Brazilian Green Group

RetiringIn2005

Last week I saw the green group. They were at the end of Main St. at MK and were doing one of their chants right near the Main Street Singers while they were trying to sing their "Good Morning" song. I thought it was very disrespectful. I really think if you're going to visit a foreign country you should respect those around you. I don't care if you're 15 years old or not. People should know how to behave. Personally I wish they would ban the lot of them from WDW but I know that will never happen. They bring in too much revenue.

Rabflmom

Last week I saw the green group. They were at the end of Main St. at MK and were doing one of their chants right near the Main Street Singers while they were trying to sing their "Good Morning" song. I thought it was very disrespectful. I really think if you're going to visit a foreign country you should respect those around you. I don't care if you're 15 years old or not. People should know how to behave. Personally I wish they would ban the lot of them from WDW but I know that will never happen. They bring in too much revenue.

I thought I started a thread last week asking about the chaperones needed for the tour groups , but never did find it so either banned it or I didn't publish it. But if the tour groups chaperoned the groups the way school field trips are chaperoned maybe it would be better for all. The person carrying the flag doesn't seem to enforce any rules and I think that is part of the problem.
School groups usually break up into smaller groups of 5-8 kids and chaperones. How many chaperones do they have for the group of 100 kids? Shouldn't they be told to split the groups so not everyone is in line for each ride, etc.
As I said my friends and I were loud and probably considered obnoxious on trips -even though we knew better. Without our parent's around( mostly ministers, teachers, and such who kept under tight rules at home) we pushed it to the limit. Our chaperones would reign us in though, and if too extreme a thing was done we were sent home-even from Canada.

Anyone know if any tour group besides US HS grad trip groups have been banned from the parks? I heard even one group from a HS in the last couple years even had the principal banned from Disney property because of a dangerous stunt they tried to pull.

Main Street USA

HAHA! You wrote "15 year old" and "respect" in the same sentance. :ROFLOL:
It's hard to believe, but they do exist. I went with friends and family when I was that age, and we managed to mind our own business. There's plenty to do at WDW without feeling like you need to entertain yourself on a bus or a monorail around other people who know how to behave in public. I was taught it was the right thing to do, though. These days, kids are basically raised to believe that they're the most important thing on the planet and that they're entitled to everything.

Good luck finding a job and being successful in life with that attitude. HAHAHA (now I laugh) ;)

Main Street USA

As I said my friends and I were loud and probably considered obnoxious on trips -even though we knew better. Without our parent's around( mostly ministers, teachers, and such who kept under tight rules at home) we pushed it to the limit. Our chaperones would reign us in though, and if too extreme a thing was done we were sent home-even from Canada.

Exactly. There were repercussions for your actions if you acted like an idiot. You would think that would be a simple concept, but I'm not sure "simple" is a word that we can apply to anything with most parents (or whatever adult is supposed to be in charge).

HAHA! You wrote "15 year old" and "respect" in the same sentance. :ROFLOL:

I am sixteen and my parents took me for my 16th birthday and I find no enjoyment in being obnoxious and loud to get attention.

This is why I hate to be reffered to as a teenager because of all of the assumptions about us. Some of "us" don't fall into these preconcieved notions.

EPCOTPluto

^ Unfortunately, that a minimal percentage is truly responsible for such actions inflicts to all "young adults", which is sad.

Yes, I do fall into this category as well. It does rather 'suck' to be characterized like so...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom