'Brave' playground and a dose of Scotland coming to Epcot for the summer

Polyman

Yup, that's right. They already trashed the old sand sculpture, but since that huge pile of sand is there, might as well make use of it instead of hauling it all away.

Dwarful

Guess we will be checking this out. Might be a fun break from the usual kidcot stops that we have done over and over.

jt04

Now Pumbas N. has an excuse to wear his kilt to Epcot. Not that he needs an excuse.

Hopefully I am at Legoland that day.

El-Fuego

UK - Not quite

Great Scot, isnt there already enough of Scotland in the UK pavilion?

Answer no, can't actually remember seeing anything that's not English there which I always find just a tad irritating for it being labelled United Kingdom.

Feel free to correct me I'm wrong.

Maybe we could have a wee stall selling Shortie (translation - Shortbread biscuits), miniature Edinburgh Castles and bekilted dolls (they must however be made in China to be considered authentically Scottish).

real mad hatter

Down the hatch.

Answer no, can't actually remember seeing anything that's not English there which I always find just a tad irritating for it being labelled United Kingdom.

Maybe we could have a wee stall selling Shortie (translation - Shortbread biscuits), miniature Edinburgh Castles and bekilted dolls (they must however be made in China to be considered authentically Scottish).

Well they do sell malt whisky in the Rose & Crown:wave:But apart from that Iam scratching ma Heid.

Thought I was the only one who had that exact feeling, I always walk by people who say and I quote ooo we are going into England now ahhhhhhhh so many people think Scotland is part of England as it is, they need to be educated :p.

Kinda sad that the year I am not going, is the year they will represent Scotland in some form.

dave&di

I agree, being from England I find the 'UK' pavilion boring, I would love to see things from other parts of the Uk. As long as they don't start selling Haggis!

C.FERNIE

they have a couple of scottish badges and ariel toppers to that have the scottish flag on them, someone nicked are ariel topper last week lol :wave:

stuart

This will be something worthwhile going to see when we are there - hopefully be decent. I still miss the fun, and informative to many of how much Scots have invented - crazy golf which was part of the Scotland section of the Millennium Village!

Its fair to say architecture wise the UK doesn't really reflect Scotland too much - although some styles of building in EPCOT are seen about, but would rather they had something in Scottish baronial style. The shops do get in Scottish stuff every so often - seen Scotland tops there last couple trips and you see St Andrews branded stuff every so often. Pretty sure there was a place that sold Pringle stuff that was there when we first went.

They also, until a few years ago, sold Tennents in the Rose and Crown

real mad hatter

Scotland ?

This will be something worthwhile going to see when we are there - hopefully be decent. I still miss the fun, and informative to many of how much Scots have invented - crazy golf which was part of the Scotland section of the Millennium Village!

Its fair to say architecture wise the UK doesn't really reflect Scotland too much - although some styles of building in EPCOT are seen about, but would rather they had something in Scottish baronial style. The shops do get in Scottish stuff every so often - seen Scotland tops there last couple trips and you see St Andrews branded stuff every so often. Pretty sure there was a place that sold Pringle stuff that was there when we first went.

They also, until a few years ago, sold Tennents in the Rose and Crown
The reason you saw the Scotland top is they cannae get them sold back home:ROFLOL:

real mad hatter

Aye.

Thought I was the only one who had that exact feeling, I always walk by people who say and I quote ooo we are going into England now ahhhhhhhh so many people think Scotland is part of England as it is, they need to be educated :p.

Kinda sad that the year I am not going, is the year they will represent Scotland in some form.

Yes,I'll be there giving Princess Merida a voice over.:wave:

real mad hatter

Tut Tut.

I agree, being from England I find the 'UK' pavilion boring, I would love to see things from other parts of the Uk. As long as they don't start selling Haggis!

Ach Weel,I wouldn't expect you to like Oor national dish coming fae south of the border,but if I started selling battered haggis suppers at the Rose & Crown,I bet you they would become more famous than fish & chips.:ROFLOL::wave::slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom