Boy Meets World in WDW on Right Now

It keeps going and going and going

I can't believe this thread is still going. :lol: It is nice to know that I am not the oldest BMW fan. I think Mr. Feeney retires from teaching when everyone graduates and then enrolls as a college student and has a class with Cory. I am fuzzy on how he goes from college student to professor, though. Anybody else remember?

pluto77

prberk said:
Only question, though: how did they keep Mr. Feeney as a teacher all the way to college??!! LOL. (If anyone really knows the show very well, I really would be interested in how the show explained that. I always missed the episodes that would explain that...)

Paul
I think when they move to 7th grade he becomes the new assistant principle and then he becomes the principle, so maybe he taught some classes too :confused: . I do remember now that after Cory graduates he retires and Eric freaks out, but I don't know how he became a college teacher.

stitchlvr

There were a lot of inconsistancies in the character's ages and grades, in one season they went from 7-9th grades. There were actually a lot of inconsistancies in the show in general (for example, Topanga was mentioned as being an only child, but in an early episode, she had a sister; Minkus had a different name in the first episode; Morgan aged several years when the actor portraying her changed)

As mentioned, Mr. Feeny retired, and then decided to attend the same college as the boys. While attending class taught by Dean Bolander (Mr. Feeny's wife in real life), he couldn't get past being a teacher to be a student, and kept wanting to teach the class, butting heads with Dean Bolander. In the end, they decided he was meant to be a teacher.

prberk

stitchlvr said:
As mentioned, Mr. Feeny retired, and then decided to attend the same college as the boys. While attending class taught by Dean Bolander (Mr. Feeny's wife in real life), he couldn't get past being a teacher to be a student, and kept wanting to teach the class, butting heads with Dean Bolander. In the end, they decided he was meant to be a teacher.

That's funny!

Does anyone actually know how they explained him suddenly becoming a teacher at the college where he was a student. I would at least guess that, originally as a school teacher, he already had a bachelor's degree (and maybe even a master's). So maybe he was only in the class as a refresher, or as part of some sort of program to get a degree in college administration (current "field experience" so to speak) -- but now that would really be stretching it! And we all know that television never stretches reality!!! :lol:

Anyhow, how do they really explain his transition to college professor?

DCL

Expo_Seeker40 said:
I'm sorry if this is a little OT but my faborite TV show/WDW will have to have been when the Muppets went to WDW It was like 1989 or 1990 I think...

OMG I'm surprised I can still remember some of it...

"SNOW WHITE SNOW WHITE SNOW WHIIIIIIIIIIIITE"

"This ride's pretty tame [muppet dude pointing toward Big Thunder with Miss Piggy next to him]"

Miss Piggy stuck in front of..how she said it...."oh the FAMOUS chinese theatre"

Did they every go to EPCOT Center? Is that where that band of muppets held that concert or was it MGM?

The Muppets in WDW is my favorite too! And to confirm... Dr. Teeth and the guys were in World Showcase, as they sang "Rock and Roll Around the World"... or something along those lines.

pluto77

stitchlvr said:
There were a lot of inconsistancies in the character's ages and grades, in one season they went from 7-9th grades. There were actually a lot of inconsistancies in the show in general (for example, Topanga was mentioned as being an only child, but in an early episode, she had a sister; Minkus had a different name in the first episode; Morgan aged several years when the actor portraying her changed)
Yeah here's some more inconsistancies. :) Shawn calls his sister (which he doesn't have later on) for hair advice on Cory in the first season. Shawn has another half brother other than Jack, in an earlier season where Cory is filming is life. Amy has a different job in almost every episode in Season one. Topanga's dad in played by like 4 different actors. And there's inconsistancies in how long Topanga and Cory have met each other.

Boy Meets World is one of my favorite shows, it's just funny to point out all of the inconsistancies. After all it's just a TV show, we can't expect them to be perfect. :lookaroun :)

prberk

should-be-BELLE said:
I think once Feeny missed teaching, he took charge of the classroom and they saw how well he taught and magically became a professor at that college. lol

Did they ever actually said this, or were we supposed to assume that this is what happened?! Anyone see the episode(s) where they actually explained this?

(Hey, I know that's picky, but it always had me curious how they explained Mr. Feeney always being around -- and this is the last piece in the puzzle, at least if you follow the writers' ideas!!)

Paul

I'm pretty sure it happened like that. I remember the episode because he was giving a speech as a student and then he was taking more charge than the professor. I could be wrong though.

By the way, the WDW episodes of Full House will probably be on very soon on ABC Family. I've been watching the episodes and it's getting close! It might be on tomorrow at 4 or 4:30 or the next day.

Kadee

"The House Meets the Mouse" two part episode of Full House will be on ABC family Monday, June 13 at 11:00 and 11:30.

awallaceunc

prberk said:
Did they ever actually said this, or were we supposed to assume that this is what happened?! Anyone see the episode(s) where they actually explained this?

(Hey, I know that's picky, but it always had me curious how they explained Mr. Feeney always being around -- and this is the last piece in the puzzle, at least if you follow the writers' ideas!!)

Paul

Yep, it happens pretty much like should-be-belle explains. Mr. Feeny is their teacher, who presumably bc of his experience, is asked to stand in as a temporary principle in high school, where he also has to cover some in-classroom shifts. He does such a good job there that he is made the full-time principle. When the kids go off to college he decides to go back for some more schooling (I think to finish off some degree) and he can't take not teaching and he bursts out into teaching class one day. The dean, with whom he later becomes romantically involved, takes notice of him and decides that his credentials are worthy enough of becoming a professor there.

On either S1 or S2, one of the commentaries talks about how Feeny sticks with them, and while they know it might be a bit of a stretch in terms of believability, they know the audiences allowed it because they understood Feeny's role was one of a mentor to the main characters and they always would need him around. But yeah, they always explained it, and in a comical way!

BMW is my favorite show! :D

-Aaron

DisneyChik17

monorail_driver said:
Anyone know if these episodes are available to download online??

Usually on Kazaa you can find this stuff. I got some episodes of Laguna Beach on there, just make sure the audio matches-up to the video:eek:. Depending on you conection it'll download pretty fast.

Mr Bill

Not a fan of bringing back old threads, but this isn't that old and I felt that what I had to say fit here pretty well.

This girl that I like is going to Disney World on Tuesday, so on another forum I jokingly posted about how I should imitate the Boy Meets World episode by getting there bouncing between parks every 30 seconds, feeding a dolphin, and following her around the entire day. The first response I got: "No, you should go Full House and become princess for the day." :lol: :lol:

The thing that's scaring me is one person thinks that it's actually a good idea.

matt88mph

Wishmaster said:
tv used to be so cool.. what happened to those days :(
People got more interested in watching actual people become the stars. And so Reality TV, and television's dark age, began.

Anyway, I only saw the Full House and Boy Meets World episodes once. I've never seen the Rosanne or Step by Step episodes. Luckily, I was able to snag most of the Family Matters episodes on my TiVo.

I wish they would do more TV episodes taking place in WDW.

pluto77

Since this thread is back... I thought I'd say that just saw the Sabrina the Teenage Witch WDW episode. I think this is the only one, that I've seen anyway, that's new enough to show Animal Kingdom. Actually that's the only park it shows. It was back in 1998 when that lame boat ride was there :lol:

pluto77

monorail_driver said:
Boat ride :confused: Hmm... please elaborate on this ... boat ride. :rolleyes:

Where was it at?? Any pictures??? How long was it there????

Questions all around! :eek:
I don't have any pictures of my own, but here's a couple websites I found that should answer your questions

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ak/akdrb.htm

http://www.wdwblues.com/ak/no.boats.html

I don't remember much of it to be honest. I just know my family were some of those people that waited in an hour long line to end up riding a boat that basically goes in a circle with nothing to look at :lol:

nelsonj3

I remember that some people waited in line FOREVER to ride that boat ride when they got on at Discovery Island. I also remember that if you got on in a different place (Asia, I think?) that the line was usually much shorter or non-existent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom