Bought Universal Tickets - hope I did it right

5Adults

Original Poster
We're doing Universal for two days so I bought park-to-park for both days so we could ride Hogwart's Express. First day is at IOA with Express tickets because we like rides. Second day is at Universal Studios without Express. I bought the park entrance tickets from Undercover Tourist site and the Express tickets from the Universal site. Hoping when I present all my paper tickets and ID at the gate, they just give us each one card for the Express ticket? Or do we have to present something at each ride to get into the fast lane? Thanks

Disneyhead'71

We're doing Universal for two days so I bought park-to-park for both days so we could ride Hogwart's Express. First day is at IOA with Express tickets because we like rides. Second day is at Universal Studios without Express. I bought the park entrance tickets from Undercover Tourist site and the Express tickets from the Universal site. Hoping when I present all my paper tickets and ID at the gate, they just give us each one card for the Express ticket? Or do we have to present something at each ride to get into the fast lane? Thanks
They will give each person an express pass. It looks like a ticket, and has a really bad picture of you on it.

BubbaQuest

They will give you one express pass for each person, but you will need to present it at each queue entrance to get into the Express line.

A lanyard with a card holder is a good idea. The big coasters now require you to empty your pockets including wallets and keys. So if you put your wallet or purse in a locker, you'll need to keep your Express pass separate.

For park-to-park, they use your fingerprint so you only need your fingers for Hogwarts Express :)

Minnesota disney fan

OP,we are doing 2 days at Universal in February. We visited the studios side last year for a one day only visit. We went by cab to and from our WDW resort. This year, we booked one night at Royal Pacific Resort and will get unlimited express pass for the 2 days/one nite stay. We can have 2 full days this way. We can register at RPR anytime after 7am, and get our UEP's at that time and can head right to the parks, and can also use the UEP's the next day, all day! It sounded like a good deal, and we are actually saving money. The last time we bought one day tickets online with express passes, and actually didn't use them much as it was not crowded on the day we went, so a waste of money. It's a great way to see more of Universal and a more leisurely pace. Also, have always wanted to stay at one of there fabulous looking resorts. Can't wait to check this out. This might be an option you would consider.

5Adults

Original Poster
They will give you one express pass for each person, but you will need to present it at each queue entrance to get into the Express line.
A lanyard with a card holder is a good idea. The big coasters now require you to empty your pockets including wallets and keys. So if you put your wallet or purse in a locker, you'll need to keep your Express pass separate.
For park-to-park, they use your fingerprint so you only need your fingers for Hogwarts Express :)
Thanks for explaining the process, Bubba! Can I buy the lanyard with a card holder right in the park? I'd like to have some cash on my person, or at least a credit card so we can buy treats (butter beer).

BubbaQuest

Can I buy the lanyard with a card holder right in the park?

Yep. Occasionally they will have people selling them right outside the park. Otherwise, you can get them in the various gift shops. Warning: It can take some time because there are so many different options: Potter, Simpsons, Minions, etc :). I think they are $8 or $9. You can get cheaper generic ones on Amazon, but I love my Spiderman lanyard :)

Note: There are day-long lockers near the front of the park, but most people just use the free lockers near the actual rides (Hulk and Forbidden Journey). These lockers are only free for the length of the ride. So if the standby line indicates 30 minutes, the locker is free for 30 minutes. You will be able to have a wallet/purse with you throughout the day, just not when in the queue. Mainly the lanyard just makes it more convenient so you don't have to remember to take your express pass out before using the locker each time.

The water rides also have lockers, but they are not free :(

P.S. Since you are only doing Express Passes at IOA, Hulk is the only place this will really be an issue. Forbidden Journey does not have a Express Lane, and the lockers are inside the queue.

Last edited:

5Adults

Original Poster
Thanks again, Bubba. Super appreciated. I love having a bit of cash and a debit/credit card on my person because I don't want to have to walk all the way back to the lockers at the front of the park every time we decide to buy/eat something.
Thanks for tip on lanyards at gift shop or Amazon. Will look into that.
Do you think it's unwise that I didn't buy Express at Universal Studios? I only bought the Express at IOA because we love our rides.

BubbaQuest

Do you think it's unwise that I didn't buy Express at Universal Studios? I only bought the Express at IOA because we love our rides.

The big benefit of the Express Pass at the Studios is the Minions and Rip Ride Rocket. I'm sure you can still do everything you want without the pass. Not sure when you are going. Others might have better advice if the cost is worth it. It's been included with my hotel cost when I've gone.

5Adults

Original Poster
Oh yes, good thx. I want a lanyard with the pass holder option. I'm starting to get soooo excited.
In 6 full days we are doing 4 days of parks which is a lot for us because we are not die hard theme park enthusiasts.
I've built in 2 free days to either lounge by our condo pool, go to an outlet mall or a water park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom