Boomer looks like a caceled trip for us

draybook

When we stay off-site we just stay at the Ramada Inn West gate. Very close and extremely cheap and nice hotel. Not too worried about transportation though, since we drive a rental car down there.

G00fyDad

I'm not trying to sell you on anything. I apologize if you thought I was. It is 100% none of my business what anyone does with their money and I make no profit, nor do I take a loss based on what anyone does.

I have no personal interest at all.

I was simply explaining - well, I thought I was explaining - to someone else how Disney gives away the proverbial free lunch. As it turns out, I was being lead into some kind of argument, which I want no part of.

I'm sorry I got into it all.

Please continue without me...and, again, my apologies.

No. I should apologize. I didn't mean to sound like that and I don;t want to argue. It was more of a knee jerk reaction on my part. The ins and outs of the promos are tricky to say the least and we could sit here and debate them all night and never really get anywhere. Again, sorry for the mess. ;)

G00fyDad

I can count two people that always take exception to me ...you and goofydad.

You both seem to take too much joy in taking away my joy of this forum.

Nope. No joy at all. We just don't sit back and take it. ;) You're the one starting garbage with others .... again. You're very abrasive and sometimes arrogant. That rubs me the wrong way. Sorry if you don;t like me commenting on it whenever you come at me for no reason. It has happened on more than one occasion then you sit back and act high and mighty as if you have no idea "where this attitude came from" or you try turning it around and saying that I am the one who started it. :confused: I have even agreed with you on many occasions and have "liked" many of your posts. It is when you get like this (see quote above) that I get irritated. There was no need to even mention my name or make the comment you did, but you did it.

Oh, and it's G00fydad. ;)

G00fyDad

When we stay off-site we just stay at the Ramada Inn West gate. Very close and extremely cheap and nice hotel. Not too worried about transportation though, since we drive a rental car down there.

Is staying offsite worth it? Does it still feel like a Disney trip? I've never done this so I have no idea.

G00fyDad

The free dining debate has been raging for years, and I'm sure it will continue. For what it's worth, I'm a bit of a math nerd so I love running the numbers for each trip just to see what's cheaper, but if you like the DDP for it's convenience then it can be worth it. As others have said, though, just comparing the cost of the DP vs the room discount isn't doing "all" the math. Whether or not you can eat during your trip for cheaper than the DP's cost is also a factor.

For anyone interested in doing the math (without having to do most of the work) you should check out the calculator on http://seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon#!calculator-download/c16yz

That spreadsheet is crazy detailed and lets you figure out if the DP is a "value" for your particular trip.

Yeah.... wow..... that is really...... wow! That is crazy nuts. I love Excel and use it like a mad man for nearly everything (you should see my planning spreadsheet), but that person went over the top with that thing. I can;t wait to plug my data in and see what I come out with.

draybook

Is staying offsite worth it? Does it still feel like a Disney trip? I've never done this so I have no idea.

It definitely takes away from the magic, if you want our opinion. It saves a lot of money though. I will admit that having to drive off property after spending an hour exiting the MK can be a p.i.t.a., but some people prefer off-site.

G00fyDad

It definitely takes away from the magic, if you want our opinion. It saves a lot of money though. I will admit that having to drive off property after spending an hour exiting the MK can be a p.i.t.a., but some people prefer off-site.

I don't know. Maybe one day when the kids are older and the wife and I go alone, maybe. Which shouldn't be too long now. :( Which hotel do you prefer offsite?

Crackel

Homewood Suites on Palm Parkway is pretty nice! Stayed there last August. Clean rooms, full size bedroom, kitchen and nice bathroom. Great rate too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom