Boomer looks like a caceled trip for us

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
I hate to say this, but it looks like we might have to cancel our trip in October. :( we have waited for the free dining to be released and I really believe it's a no go this year. I have heard to give it a little longer to see, but by now I feel it would have been released. Yes we c an not afford disney without it as sad as I am to say this. We are a single Income family while im in school. :( I guess maybe next year when I am out of school and working.

Larry Mondello

Boomer??

79363.jpg

RonAnnArbor

Hehe, Boomer --- sorry about your Free Dining conundrum, but the fact of the matter is, their resort bookings are way way up, and have been for the past two years -- they really don't need to do the free dining to keep them full most of the year...I wouldn't totally discount them yet, but I wouldn't plan a trip to WDW based on free dining.

Britt

They haven't released fall deals yet! Wait until summer! : ) Keep savin and savin.

Hell, sometimes it can be cheaper to just pay out of pocket if you're smart and plan ahead! Check out the quick service and table service menus and prices. We paid about $600-800 for all 5 of us to eat, and had done 2 character meals : ) We planned ahead and shared meals where we could!

draybook

Ok, I'm still waiting on someone to show me how we "pay for it". Last year's trip was 2300 and some change. This year the same time span and resort are $2600. If we add the regular dining plan on our own it jumps up to $4165.36, which is what our total is. When/If Free Dining is released, it will go back to the original $2600. What am I missing here?

Britt

Ok, I'm still waiting on someone to show me how we "pay for it". Last year's trip was 2300 and some change. This year the same time span and resort are $2600. If we add the regular dining plan on our own it jumps up to $4165.36, which is what our total is. When/If Free Dining is released, it will go back to the original $2600. What am I missing here?
The only thing I can think is because it requires you to stay a certain amount of days?? But even then, most people are staying for that time anyway.

I've wondered that too....haha!

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
You really can come out cheaper overall if you pay out of pocket for meals and get a good room only discount. We have run the numbers many times for our particular family (2 adults 2 kids) and have usually been able to come out cheaper without the dining plan. However, that's mainly because we wait for a good resort discount.

You typically will do better using the DDP if you have 3 or 4 adults in your group and stay at value resorts, which usually (but not always) don't offer as high a discount. Wait to see what discounts are offered and then run the numbers for your family. The 2 cheapest trips we've ever taken to WDW did not include the DDP.

Pooh Lover

I would give it at least another month. I've seen it come out in mid-March, late March, early and mid-April. Have a little more patience and see what happens. What we always do is take advantage of the bounce-back offer in the room just to have a reservation out there for the next year. It can always be canceled and only takes a $200 refundable deposit.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

I think these are people who would not be doing table service if it wasn't for free dining. I have read many people who say the QS meals are huge and they can get one or two meals and share with their whole family. Or they bring in food and snacks from home. A guest like that could end up spending more money paying tips for expensive meals they they would normally spend.

luv

You pay for it with your room. I will give you a free hot dog if you give me $5.00 for the napkin. ;)

EOD K9

You can very easily save here and there. You can bring Mio and ask for ice water. If you dont want fries, just order the burger. It will be cheaper. Those are just two things I've done to save a little here and there.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
You pay for it with your room. I will give you a free hot dog if you give me $5.00 for the napkin. ;)
I love the convenience of the DDP and would probably use it every time if this weren't true, but there's a reason people much smarter than me (Len Testa, etc) have come to the same conclusion. The only time we came out better using free dining was when we went with 4 adults and didn't get a room discount at WL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom