Books about Asian Disney Parks

infloencer

Original Poster
Hi folks, does anyone know if there are coffee table books about any of the Asian Disney resorts? There are a lot about the domestic parks and even some about Paris but I just can’t find anything about Tokyo, Hong Kong or Shanghai. Thanks y’all :)

RandySavage

Hey,

I'm a big fan of books like "Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality ["DLP:FSTR"], filled with art, models, background stories, etc. and really wish each park, including Universal's parks, would get something similar. Short answer: there is unfortunately nothing at that level for the Asian parks, though there are a few books.

Shanghai:
- Shanghai almost had one that sounded great - "Shanghai DL: A Celebration of Dreams" book, which looked to be the size of DLP:FSTR. It had SKU and was listed on Amazon but cancelled before publication for some reason. They did publish 100 copies of a 96-page "Shanghai Disneyland, Opening Day Souvenir" which I've never seen.

Hong Kong
- When Honk Kong opened, Disney published a small hardcover and accompanying thinner softcover - they were designed for internal, commemorative purposes. I was able to get one of each buy contacting the WDI store on its campus directly. These books are decent, but not great - not close to being the comprehensive showcase that is DLP:FSTR.

Tokyo
- This resort has no DLP:FSTR-level coffee table books at all (that I'm aware of). There is a fairly nice softcover photo book of early (~2006), empty DisneySea by Shinichiro Koboyashi, which you can find on ebay.

Hope the recent "Art of Disneyland Paris" template will repeated for all the other parks in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom