Booking Time! 2nd Best WDW Time Of The Year!

BigTxEars

Original Poster
WooHoo just booked the Wilderness Lodge 1 bedroom for a week in Jan 2016 for our next trip. Other than going to WDW for our yearly week long visit this is my favorite time....when we get to use our points to book a room :)

Never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before, AKL last year, BW the year before so this is our third trip to a DVC resort. Looking forward to it. Anybody have any pointers for the Wilderness Lodge?

Tom

Beta Return
Not to be Debbie Downer, but in case you didn't know, there will be construction going on at V@WL for a while. They're converting resort rooms to DVC, and by the end of the year they will likely start construction on the new DVC Cabins, which will sit between the DVC building and Bay Lake.

Disney will never warn guests of this, for fear of losing bookings, but it's better to go into the vacation knowing, rather than being surprised.

Otherwise, have a great trip! WL's main building and grounds are my favorite.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
Not to be Debbie Downer, but in case you didn't know, there will be construction going on at V@WL for a while. They're converting resort rooms to DVC, and by the end of the year they will likely start construction on the new DVC Cabins, which will sit between the DVC building and Bay Lake.

Disney will never warn guests of this, for fear of losing bookings, but it's better to go into the vacation knowing, rather than being surprised.

Otherwise, have a great trip! WL's main building and grounds are my favorite.

Good to know. We will work around whatever they are doing. It's pretty hard to get my goat when I'm at Disney, I just kinda flow with whatever :)

Thanks for the info :)

BigTxEars

Original Poster
They won't give you a room with a view of construction.

I hope they don't. We are not big view folks. More of we check it out when we get there and when we are leaving. Is the constrution just on the new buildings or will it involve the current building as well?

ToTBellHop

Because no one would be expected to tolerate that kind of noise at a Disney resort. This is why WL has had such limited availability over the last year. They pull the rooms with a view of construction from the inventory. Poly did the same thing during its "enhancement".

CaptainAmerica

Because no one would be expected to tolerate that kind of noise at a Disney resort. This is why WL has had such limited availability over the last year. They pull the rooms with a view of construction from the inventory. Poly did the same thing during its "enhancement".
Hm maybe I'll roll the dice on WL after all.

BigTxEars

Original Poster

I was hoping it was because I'm special :)

But your reason makes a lot more sense!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom