Booking through another company?

Ali Mouse

So... I'm confused! Let's say I book through a different company other than disney. ( which I have never done before but it seems to be way less money) Will I be able to get wristbands, fastpasses, dinning reservations, and have all my info on my disney experience?

BigRedDad

Yes you do. It is no different. My advice is to find the right company. There are some that are far superior than others. Some jus tbook it, take your money, and are done. Others book it, watch your reservation on a daily basis, automatically change it if you qualify for a discount, and tell you how much you saved. They are about you and your trip. If I ever went through a TA again, it will be through the one I used on my prebious dozen trips.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No
Absolutely. Coming from the UK, I always book using Virgin. It saves so much money and I can still get all the offers on Dining, tickets etc.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Yes and no. Your booking will entitle you to the same benefits regardless of where you make it. However, some agencies/TAs don't know/deal with WDW that often, so may not understand that they need to give you the client the WDW confirmation number to make your ADR's and plan your FP+. The Joes Travel Agency confirmation number they give you is worthless for stuff like that. So you can do it, but you may need to pester the agent to give you the correct information.

Typically prices are going to be the same across the board. Tickets may be cheaper through a 3rd party reseller such as Undercover Tourist or AAA, but thats usually maybe $20-30 savings on a $400+ ticket. Rooms are usually the same price, but occasionally Expedia or Priceline or similar will have a room listed. Dining plan is going to be the same price as I've never seen a formal discount on that (exceptions being some buy 5 get 2 free or Free Dining promos). Flights could be all over the place depending on how hard a particular TA/company is looking and if they are selling their own services (IE Southwest selling a package trip). There is only so much wiggle room in any of the categories. Say 10% fees paid by Disney to the TA when they place the booking. Now a particular TA may choose to pass some of that fee onto you as savings, or Southwest may choose to not make money on the hotel since they make more on your flight (as an example). If prices are off by more than 5-10% I'd check MouseSavers to see if there is perhaps a discount code available that you aren't using. With all that said, there is a chance that a tour operator got a great deal by agreeing to charter the whole flight, and book a huge block of rooms through Disney. But for a custom trip, I'd be a bit leery of a huge discount.

Upvote 0

SamandChel

As long as you are on property for your stay you get all the benefits. Them saving you money is a matter of how you plan. if you are willing to checm promotions and do some leg work then I'd just book through Disney as they have little more to offer. Also when something goes wrong (no resort reservation in system etc) remember you are dealing with a travel agent. Not Disney. I have used AAA to help with flights and such but even their ta told me to just book straight with Disney so that I have no issues.

Upvote 0

officialtom

We've booked both ways - through a travel agent (family friend) and also direct with WDW. The only issue we've run into through the agency is that our confirmation number is usually an airline (Westjet) vacation package number, not a Disney confirmation number. This means that the travel agent needs to make any room requests, etc. and you can't do them yourself by calling the WDW reservation line.

We always go with whatever option is cheapest. Sometimes the travel agent can find us a great vacation package through Westjet, other times we take advantage of Disney-direct promos like PSDS.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom