Booking Questions - please help

Tisha_PA

We are planning a trip in September for free dining but are not yet sure if it will be for 1 or 2 weeks. DH is trying to work through his schedule to see if he can take a second week off but probably won't know until mid July or so. Since the booking period for free dining will be over by then, I need to book us before he will know his schedule. If I book us for the 2 weeks and we can only go for one, can I make changes to our dates without losing the free dining? Or should I book 2 ressies, one for one week and the other for 2 weeks and cancel the one that we won't use? If I book 2 ressies, how would I handle ADR's? I would prefer to just make them under the 2 week trip so that I don't double book. But, what will happen if I book our ADR's under the 2 week trip and we have to cancel that trip and use the one week trip - will I lose all my ADR's when i cancel since they will be linked to that reservation number or can I have the ADR's transferred onto the one week trip reservation number and cancel the ones for the 2nd week? Anyone know how to handle this?

smk

Whew! Can't wait to read the answer for this one! Sounds complicated and confused me, I am sure there is an answer tho, be patient and someone will come along who knows what to do! Good luck!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I would make a single 2-week reservation with free dining and then reduce the length of the trip if necessary.

ADR's and trip reservations aren't linked as tightly as you are making them out to be.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OK I can handle pretty much all of this. You should be able to modify your dates without losing the promotion, providing of course that your new date fall within the original dates of the promotion. which in your case they do so that is not an issue. The only advantage that I can see to booking this as 2 separate trips is that it will be easier to cancel one of them with very little chance of Disney making a mistake. But with that flexibility comes a few cons such as having to check out and back in again, 2 deposits, etc. You dining reservation are not directly linked to your room reservation and should not cancel even if you cancel the trip. You will need to cancel all ADR's manually. You will however need to review any special requests as they tend to disappear when you make a modification.

Upvote 0

Tisha_PA

Original Poster
Thank you so much!! Seems the easiest way will be to book the 2 weeks and change it to one later if we need to. Much simpler than I thought it would be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom