Booking levels at Disney Resort Hotels??

pjulie75

Hi Everyone

Just wondered if anyone knows if bookings for the resort hotels is Up or Down this year? Assuming down....I unfortunately missed the promotion for free nights:cry: but would think this would entice people to book, what are your thoughts? I read on another site (in error trying to get here!!:brick:) that after Sept 11 Disney had reduced attendance and closed POFQ for a while, this won't happen will it? Not meaning to fuel a rumour:zipit: but curious as I am going to POFQ this June and love this hotel. I know a lot of my friends have booked late last year with the great exchange rate, so us SCOTS are coming, is everyone else?

Tom

Beta Return
Hi Everyone

Just wondered if anyone knows if bookings for the resort hotels is Up or Down this year? Assuming down....I unfortunately missed the promotion for free nights:cry: but would think this would entice people to book, what are your thoughts? I read on another site (in error trying to get here!!:brick:) that after Sept 11 Disney had reduced attendance and closed POFQ for a while, this won't happen will it? Not meaning to fuel a rumour:zipit: but curious as I am going to POFQ this June and love this hotel. I know a lot of my friends have booked late last year with the great exchange rate, so us SCOTS are coming, is everyone else?

You're completely safe. POFQ was coincidentally down after 9/11 for a MAJOR refurb. They just decided to take the entire resort down at once, instead of in phases, since attendance WAS already down. They didn't actually "close" hotels because of 9/11, per se.

I was there Jan 2-10 and there appeared to be no shortage of people with money to spend. And from what I hear right now, January crowds are at their usual levels. They're not huge, but they never are in January.

In June, you'll be in the parks with 50,000 other people each day, I can assure you. Disney has been offering the "3 for 4" deal to lock in bookings, in anticipation of a lull in travel, but I have a feeling they'll be just fine....

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have only been doing the Disney travel agent thing for a couple of weeks now but I have already run into issues with room availability at PORS and WL for early December. That tells me that things are pretty good for the mouse. It is hardly a broad spectrum survey but at this point I'll take any good news I can get.

Upvote 0

DISMOM

I don't know what type of offer you have 'across the pond', but the 'buy 4 get 3' deadline is extended until Jan 24th, I do believe. Good luck and have a great time. Wish we were there.!!!! [so sad that I can't even discuss it.]

Upvote 0

pax_65

I know someone who is trying to make DVC reservations for the end of January and is having trouble finding a DVC room anywhere on property for 3 nights in a row. Now I understand that DVC crowds don't necessarily indicate overall park attendance, and that even within DVC they hold some rooms back to offer for cash. But still, to see the entire DVC points system this crowded in January is somewhat unusual. To me that suggests that quite a few people are visiting the mouse this month.

Upvote 0

CMTinkerbell99

I know someone who is trying to make DVC reservations for the end of January and is having trouble finding a DVC room anywhere on property for 3 nights in a row. Now I understand that DVC crowds don't necessarily indicate overall park attendance, and that even within DVC they hold some rooms back to offer for cash. But still, to see the entire DVC points system this crowded in January is somewhat unusual. To me that suggests that quite a few people are visiting the mouse this month.

The Super Bowl is in Tampa this year. So I would assume people will stay in WDW instead of Tampa. Also people are escaping to Fl for better weather!

Upvote 0

mnagel55

I had a chance to visit the Mouse in Anaheim last December and was suprised to see how busy it was even with the cool weather. Recently I have had the chance to some other trips and I am still suprised to see how robust the travel industry appears to be.

So much for economic slow down:confused:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The buy 4 get 3 free has been extended to the 28th so you still have time to book. We do book clients who are "across the pond" so please keep us in mind. I would call Virgin and ask them if they can get that promotion for you. It never hurts to ask.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom