Booking from UK

Buzz Lightbeer

Hello

Planning our 5th trip which will also be our honeymoon for November 2012 and have always booked through virgin holidays as a package, I was wondering where other UK Disney goers book from? Trying to save a bit off cash as I'm sure we all are :)

Thanks

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hi
My DW and ihave been multiple times through virgin and a couple of times through thomas cook.All i can say is that you get what you pay for and we wont be travelling with anyone but virgin :D

Upvote 0

Tink28

Always use Virgin and would not use anyone else, have always booked when there have been some great offers from them and feel I get a good deal and I trust them as a Company.

Upvote 0

Jeff456

Almost always book through Virgin except for one time in 2000 when I think we booked through airtours... unsure though. Anyway this time we have done something completely different, Virgin flights were just rediculous next year so spent some looking around for a better deal. I find Virgin flights have been getting steadily worse over the years in economy, on our last trip we were offered drinks once on the 9 hour flight and at the end told to clap the cabin crew as they had been majorly understaffed, still you get no compensation for the terrible service they provide. Anyway we found Monarch flights to be the cheapest and realised we could book the whole holiday through them so did that. Although the site was difficult to use the only way you could book the flights so far our was to book them as part of a holiday. We booked 2 rooms in POFQ with free dining. However when I looked on the official Disney site I noticed they gave us an option to book a 2 bedroom villa with free dining at OKW cheaper. So what we ended up doing was cancelling the holiday with Monarch, but they allowed us to keep the flights and booking the accommodation through Disney! It has ended up working out well for us and cheaper, even if it was a bit of a hassle!

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Almost always book through Virgin except for one time in 2000 when I think we booked through airtours... unsure though. Anyway this time we have done something completely different, Virgin flights were just rediculous next year so spent some looking around for a better deal. I find Virgin flights have been getting steadily worse over the years in economy, on our last trip we were offered drinks once on the 9 hour flight and at the end told to clap the cabin crew as they had been majorly understaffed, still you get no compensation for the terrible service they provide. Anyway we found Monarch flights to be the cheapest and realised we could book the whole holiday through them so did that. Although the site was difficult to use the only way you could book the flights so far our was to book them as part of a holiday. We booked 2 rooms in POFQ with free dining. However when I looked on the official Disney site I noticed they gave us an option to book a 2 bedroom villa with free dining at OKW cheaper. So what we ended up doing was cancelling the holiday with Monarch, but they allowed us to keep the flights and booking the accommodation through Disney! It has ended up working out well for us and cheaper, even if it was a bit of a hassle!

Went 3 years ago with Monarch from Dublin!!

THE ABSOLUTE WORST FLIGHTS EVER!!!

Delayed 8 hours going out AND coming back, and apparently this was a regular thing! Food was worse than normal, and got offered 1 drink the whole way!!!!
Hope you have better luck!!

The last 2 years we flew with aer Lingus! Great staff, tv on every seat(monarch had 1 screen!!) Great food and they couldnt give enough snacks and drinks, will never change!!

I always book with wdw uk! 45% Off both SSR and OKW with Free Dining, thanks very much :sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightbeer

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replys - this is probably a school boy question to all you Disney Veterans out there!

wdw uk website crush says to book through which internet address is this?

Thanks

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We went with airtours about 12 years ago - booked late, paid about £200 each for flights, plus £99 each (return) to go 'premier gold' which was absolutely fantastic! Seats like armchairs, great food, drink and plenty of room. Don't think these are available any more unfortunately!

Been about 5 times since then, always with virgin, and they've been ok, but standards have dropped and prices have gone up with them in my opinion. One year we saved all our tesco points, and had about £1500 off the price of the holiday, but you can't do that with just flights, you have to book the whole package with virgin.

Flight prices seem to have gone crazy now, so we don't have any plans to go in the next few years. :(

Upvote 0

Jeff456

Went 3 years ago with Monarch from Dublin!!

THE ABSOLUTE WORST FLIGHTS EVER!!!

Delayed 8 hours going out AND coming back, and apparently this was a regular thing! Food was worse than normal, and got offered 1 drink the whole way!!!!
Hope you have better luck!!

The last 2 years we flew with aer Lingus! Great staff, tv on every seat(monarch had 1 screen!!) Great food and they couldnt give enough snacks and drinks, will never change!!

I always book with wdw uk! 45% Off both SSR and OKW with Free Dining, thanks very much :sohappy::sohappy:

Ahh not good, fingers crossed we have better luck! I must admit finding out information about onboard entertainment is near impossible, can't find it on the website!

Upvote 0

Riversiders

Always booked with virgin holidays apart from 1 year when we found disney travel slightly cheaper plus they use virgin atlantic planes anyway so u fly to mco. u get 10% discount if u join their frequent club with virgin holidays. u can also join the virgin atlantic flying club and get air miles which gets u discount on ur holiday

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Thanks for all your replys - this is probably a school boy question to all you Disney Veterans out there!

wdw uk website crush says to book through which internet address is this?

Thanks

Type WDTC into google and search first option is walt disney travel company international use this website

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

We went with airtours about 12 years ago - booked late, paid about £200 each for flights, plus £99 each (return) to go 'premier gold' which was absolutely fantastic! Seats like armchairs, great food, drink and plenty of room. Don't think these are available any more unfortunately!

Been about 5 times since then, always with virgin, and they've been ok, but standards have dropped and prices have gone up with them in my opinion. One year we saved all our tesco points, and had about £1500 off the price of the holiday, but you can't do that with just flights, you have to book the whole package with virgin.

Flight prices seem to have gone crazy now, so we don't have any plans to go in the next few years. :(

Just been looking at virgin, about €1000 upwards dearer than wdw uk for weeks in OKW with tickets and flights booked seperately

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Like many others, we always used to book the whole holiday with Virgin Holidays. However, we found the prices getting higher and higher so looked into booking independently. This has worked out very well for the last three years. We book our flight through Virgin Atlantic, using our frequent flyer points (boosted by credit card points) to pay considerably towards an upgrade to premium economy. One of the Manchester flights is currently operated by a brand new A330 with excellent in-flight entertainment, on demand films/tv/music etc.

The ground arrangements we do through the official Walt Disney World site, utilising Disney Express for the transfers. We got free dining this year, and have the same for next year.

It saves several hundred pounds doing it this way, although a bit scary!!

Upvote 0

Jeff456

There isnt ANY!! 1 Maybe 2 Movies on a single screen!!! Nightmare!!!!
I think I'll spend most of the flight with my nose in my kindle then, fingers crossed they are fairly on time I think thats the most important thing for me, I had a look out of interest yesterday and the flights were on time so fingers crossed!

Upvote 0

LJake

went with virgin the first few times but i think my parents found it too expensive and started using travel city direct (before they were bought out). after that we used BA flying into Tampa which worked out pretty well. this year we're experimenting entirely and flying into miami, then catching a connecting flight to orlando. can't remember the airlines though :s

Upvote 0
We went with virgin last year and going again this year on the new A330:sohappy:. On the way out last time the flight was excellent but flying back it was a bit below par. We book it all through expedia and stay off site but still have a fantastic time and the hotel has free breakfast :slurp:

Upvote 0

UKDisneyAddict

I have always used Virgin holidays in the past, but it worked out cheaper to book separately for our upcoming trip.

We love flying Virgin, so have booked direct with Virgin Atlantic and through disneyworld.co.uk for the hotel & tickets.

Upvote 0

nicnic

We always book Virgin Holidays but for next year I looked at Travelcity direct who i'm sure are now part of Virgin and they worked out cheaper (taking their car hire off) we do our own car hire.
We are prob just going to wait and see what price the virgin airfare is and look at accommodation sepp, daves rental DVC looks quite reasonable.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom