Booking a Trip??

Dayzie914

When is the best time to book a trip, my friend and I are going in June of '06. We are planning on staying at Pop Century, with no retal car (too young to rent, right???? 18 and 19).

Thanks so much!!!

crazygirley

First of all, yes, you are too young to rent... sorry! Secondly, it's sort of early to book already. We usually book about four to six months in advance.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Try checking in with Pam at Kingdom Konsultants (advertized on this site). If you book early, you can renegotiate if specials come up after...if you wait until a few months before, you may get stuck with a higher rate. Also June at the economy resorts tend to fill up faster.

Upvote 0

Dayzie914

Original Poster
so if I book in advance and then check back at a later time and the price is lower, I can try to get that price???

What have you found to be the cheapest in booking??? has it been cheaper directly from Disney or would you recomend using another source such as expedia or orbitz???

thanks so much!!!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
IMHO I would only book direct from Disney, through a travel agent you know, Pam at Kingdom Konsultants or possibly AAA. There really aren't any deals that anyone offers that don't originate from the mouse. The big thing to consider is that whomever you make your arrangements with you have to use to make changes...and with few exceptions none are as easy as dealing directly.

For example if you make your arrangements with AAA, you can't call Disney later to make the changes.

Hope I am making sense with this.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Catch 22 said:
Just a thought, but isn't the rental age 21? So if your friend is 19 now, would they be 21 by 2006?
The age is 25, however certian companies allow you to rent a car and pay a hefty price from 21-24. I know the price is $35 a day extra through Alamo, and you have to practically sign your life away.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
If you plan on spending your vacation on the Disney property, there really is no need for a car (or the expense, no matter what age). Spend a little on towncar service [Quicksilver], you will get to the parks quicker and be more sure of pickup. For 2 people the price is not much different from the Mear's cattle cars...for more than 2 it is cheaper.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I already have someone booked for 2006. You can only do a room only booking now until Disney releases the prices for the 2006 packages. We then add whatever package you want to it. When the discounts are released I always call immediately to get my clients switched over to save them money.

With a AAA package you cannot switch it over to the disney discount. I have on occasion booked a room only with the AAA discount and have been able to switch it to a disney discount and have saved them even more money.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom