Booking a trip in a couple weeks.

TXDisney

I frequent wdw at least once a year normally. But surprisingly have only booked in advance onsite once. We've stayed onsite several times but in different ways. My question is... We are looking to go on a trip in October. Hopefully staying at BC (I'll have to call to check availability) but we would be ok with YC or contemporary if booked. I'm trying to book a whole package for us at once. I've never done this being that I always had tickets already previous to booking. Looking to do 5 days 4 nights. Do I have to pay for everything if I book over the phone in a couple weeks? If not do I have to pay it all by a certain time? Etc. Thanks in advance!!!

PinnySmart

Good luck getting BC, BW or YC in October. Those resorts fill quickly because of Food and Wine. It may be possible but the Contemporary may be what you end up with. And airfare is only an option not a requirement. Booking airfare with Disney is rarely the best option.

Upvote 0
I would check the availability for your October dates before you do much more thinking about it. I was planning an October trip with YC as my preferred resort and BC or Contemporary as 2nd and 3rd choice. Months ago when I tried to book, all three of those resorts as well as any others that I would consider were completely sold out for the 10 day period I wanted. I ended up switching the trip to September.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Original Poster
I can't do September bc we have another trip planned. October seemed like a good month to go for us timing wise, but we are kinda flexible as far as resorts go. I just really don't want to push it to November. At that point I'd rather push it to early December to see it for Christmas.beeve done the F&W festival 3 times so it's not a must to go then. We just went in early December this last year, so I kinda wanted to do the F&W festival again.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

What if booking airfare separate? My sister works for AA so probably flying in passes.
Package deposit is $200, balance due at 30 days before travel.

IF you add insurance or airfare to your Disney package, those are also due at the time of deposit.
Insurance is non-refundable once purchased, airfare depends on the rules of the airline and the flights that you book.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Original Poster
Perfect. Looks like I might have to push this trip to early December. Only bad part of that is I miss out on the back to school room rates. So might push our resort stay to a moderate. Best moderates during the holidays along with convenience to the parks?

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

We have only stayed at 2 moderate resorts in recent years - POFQ and CS. Of the 2 I really enjoyed POFQ. Quiet, descent pool, hot tub, convenient food court, beautiful rooms, relaxing and scenic boat ride to DS. CS was very nice as well - just really spread out. And because we booked later than normal (3 months out), we had a room that was a looooong walk from the food court and front desk (CS is situated around a lake). Pool was close, and there was some basic breakfast/lunch options at the pool, but not nearly the menu at the food court. There didn't seem to be many rooms close to the main buildings. For something different, we are trying CB this year... And before someone points it out, yes CB is pretty spread out as well. But, we booked early enough we got the 'Preferred' rooms that are supposed to be closer to the food court/pool/store buildings. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TXDisney

Original Poster
So it's came time to when I wanna book yet BC is still at $515 a night and I'm hesitant to book. Especially when I've seen rates closer to the $400-$450 range. We all know that potential $500 difference is big at wdw.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
They do have free dining out for select dates in Dec. I am sure that they will likely push out a room discount at some point for December also. As far as the moderates I have stayed at all of them at some point around the Holidays. I have to say that I most enjoy the decorations at Riverside though. I just love the theming at that hotel!
Good luck with your choice and feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have about any of the moderates

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom