Booking a room at last minute

Beccone

On our upcoming trip in August my mother in law and 13 yr old son will be flying from MD to Orlando on a friday and my husband, myself and our 3 younger children will be driving down and meeting up with them on Saturday. Our original plan was to stop and stay the night somewhere whenever we get sick of driving but now we are thikning we may try to drive straight through if we can. Last summer we took the autotrain down but ended up having to drive home because our train was cancelled because of the tropical storm and flooding. The kids did wonderfully on the drive and we drove the whole 14 hours straight, and that was kinda flying by the seat of our pants because we did not expect to have to do that drive at all and really weren't too prepared for a trip like that. So now we are thinking of leaving around 4am here, while the kids are still asleep and will hopefully stay like that for the first 3 or 4 hours. If we leave at 4am, we figure even with stops we could be down to Orlando by 8pm barring no storms or heavy traffice holding us up. Ok so here's my question if we were to get to Orlando that night how hard will it be for us to get a room at Pop Century for the night? That's where we are staying for the rest of our vacation and hopefully where we will have a connecting room with my mother in law, but we don't care for one night if we are across the resort from them, any room will do. I don't want to book a room in advance because what if something does happen and we end up not getting there that night. Thanks in advance and any info you can provide!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quite honestly it will be next to impossible. You will be lucky to find a room anywhere on property at the last minute, let alone at the most popular value resort. August is peak season and the resorts will be running at near 100% capacity all month. You might get lucky but I would not bet the farm on it.

Upvote 0
Hi I doubt you will get a room. :( you may want to call ahead and inquire at the hotel and let them know your situation it's doesn't hurt to ask them.
I wouldn't just show up, you can definately not get a room that way.
Sorry~Tinkerchelli~

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

I would say that if you are looking for a last minute room, either have a laptop and stop at a free wi-fi spot (or find a public library) and book one on Orbitz/Hotels.com/Travelocity or somewhere like that. Or, extend you hotel reservation one day (early) and just count on being there.

Upvote 0

devilsrule2004

yea use orbitz because they have they orbitz low price garenentee and they will send you a check if the price goes lower which is awsome
sbiggrin.gif

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom