Book Flights Now or Wait?

Disstevefan1

I have an August trip coming up, but I haven't booked my flight yet; the cost has been high.

Should I wait, or are they just going to keep rising?

Thanks!
The earlier you book the cheaper it is right?
As for the price, it's only going to go in one direction, up.
All costs related to flying will continue to climb with no end in sight in my opinion.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I can't see prices going down in the near-term. By next year? Maybe. But not by August.

If we didn't have to get back on the ship, it would be cheaper for us to book a cruise from NYC to Port Canaveral than to fly...

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The travel articles I've been reading say that the likelihood of last-minute deals has plummeted, and advise to "buy now."

Do take account, when you opt to book, of your airline's relevant policies (e.g., can you get a refund or a credit for the difference in price if it goes down after you book, or can you reschedule without penalty?), so you know what your options are if there's a dip later.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Prices can always fluctuate but its generally best if you book as soon as your dates are released... you are of course way beyond that.
My sister and I are driving in August but I've been keeping an eye on flights just for fun. The ones we would prefer keep fluctuating but in the high range and as of yesterday many of them were sold out.
If it were me I wouldn't be sitting around hoping for a price drop. Instead I'd be locking in whatever price I can get before the flight is full.

Upvote 0
If you are flying Southwest, book it today! They have a 40% offer booking June 7-9 for flights 8/16-11/5. It's for "select flights", but it's worth checking. Ours qualified for the discount and it saved us hundreds of dollars.

Upvote 0

MoragL

I would buy now. We just booked our flights for October and in the few days following they jumped by over $200 a person. We are coming from Canada though so it might be different if booking domestic.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I'll go one farther...

1) Book NOW. We did months ago, for NOV 2022.
2) Use every credit, bonus point that you can. Eat 'em up, before they become worthless.

DW & I had years worth of Delta "credits". We burned every one of them. Round trip, MI to Orlando - about $880 for two.
Just a suggestion - you will do what works for you.

Upvote 0

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The earlier you book the cheaper it is right?

Not necessarily (at least not historically). Historically, the best time to book your flight for a domestic flight was 1-3 months in advance (and oddly, Tuesdays tended to have the lowest prices in a given week). However, 2022 has been very weird (both with skyrocketing fuel prices and huge demand) so all bets are off...

Upvote 0

zappy

Book today, I wouldn't hesitate. The airlines are flying full planes and last minute deals especially during peak season are a rarity. Not to mention they're operating less flights because of a shortage of physical planes and pilots. The peace of mind knowing you're all set to go is worth it. Have fun in August :)

Upvote 0

DfromATX

The other day I was just browsing for flights to London and the cost went up $200 by the time I got to the checkout. I hope you were able to get in on the Southwest sale.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Book it now. Flights are unreliable because of pilot and staff shortages. Costs will only climb. Who knows how available things will be in the future. Guarantee you have an airline booking.
Start budgeting your trip and start paying it off earlier than later to give you a better handle on trip expenditure.

Upvote 0

wendysue

Even if you do book it now, there is a good chance it will either get cancelled or changed because of pilot shortages, etc. It's a real crapshoot this summer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom