Book all evening FP instead of morning or mix?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
So I am wondering if this is a great strategy or a really bad one.
Example is MK on a Saturday in late August with Extra Evening Hours. 2 Adults, two kids 6 and 2 yrs old
I was thinking of going at 9AM...riding what we can. We have a Cinderalla lunch at 12:15 and then leaving for the hotel and break. Coming back in the evening around 6 pm and using FPs that are planned. Good idea or better to use them all in the morning in case we never return?

Tuvalu

Example is MK on a Saturday in late August with Extra Evening Hours. 2 Adults, two kids 6 and 2 yrs old
I was thinking of going at 9AM...riding what we can. We have a Cinderalla lunch at 12:15 and then leaving for the hotel and break. Coming back in the evening around 6 pm and using FPs that are planned. Good idea or better to use them all in the morning in case we never return?
We have done this a couple times and found it worked well for us. We arrive at rope drop and are able to ride between 5-7 attractions with minimal waits before lunch. It is nice to return in the late afternoon/early evening knowing we have fastpasses for three premium attractions.

Keep in mind there are no fastpasses during extra magic hours.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
We have done this a couple times and found it worked well for us. We arrive at rope drop and are able to ride between 5-7 attractions with minimal waits before lunch. It is nice to return in the late afternoon/early evening knowing we have fastpasses for three premium attractions.

Keep in mind there are no fastpasses during extra magic hours.
Awesome. Yes, not doing the FP super late...with our little ones they may not make it that late!

Last edited:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Good idea or better to use them all in the morning in case we never return?
Plans change - but if you make a commitment like FP then you're more likely to stick with it.
Based on what you say that you're planning to do, it sounds like a good plan to me

BrianV

This is what we do, only slightly different. Go to park A in the am without fast pass. Stay through lunch. Back to hotel and pool. Head to park B with three FPs lined up.

You don't need fast pass until 11 even on a busy day.

DisneyGigi

I make them early, before Noon, simply because if you book them for evening you have to wait until those are used before getting additional. We go at a slower time and are able to walk on especially in the morning but.. walk on and ride and when mid morning crowds pick up then use your FPs. Perfect example is Toy Story Mania, book a fp, but be there at opening do standby, then go again with your Fp+ when the standby backs up. :)

JasonDeyoung

That's what I do most of the time and works great

Seanual757

We book evening FP's all the time as others have stated if you arrive 1st thing in the morning you get a good selection of rides with much shorter lines. We have been able to hit 5-6 rides w/in our 1st 2 hours with no more than a 15-20 minute wait (Peter Pan, Mermaid, ect..) We normally try to hit the MK around 7pm and we normally are able to hit 6 rides before we leave around 10-1030.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom