Boo bash tickets bought from third party question

Missfan1026

Hello,
I bought a boo bash ticket from eBay, the seller has thousands of positive reviews and good history so I am not worried about being scammed. Plus if I am, eBay will refund me. However, I am wondering how I link the physical ticket being sent to me to my MDE account? Also, is that all I need or do I also need the seller to transfer me the ticket virtually?

thanks

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Are you the same person from yesterday or different?

If the seller already linked the ticket to their account they would have to reassign it to you.

If they did not link it then you just use the number on the card to link it to your account.

But fyi they have likely already linked it to their account and don't even need the ticket in order to enter the park so you've been scammed.
File a complaint with ebay and stop trying to get a "deal".

Upvote 0

Missfan1026

Original Poster
@The Mom This post seems suspect.

If the seller already linked the ticket to their account they would have to reassign it to you.

If they did not link it then you just use the number on the card to link it to your account.

But fyi they have likely already linked it to their account and don't even need the ticket in order to enter the park so you've been scammed.
Nope I’m someone else I saw that post too

Upvote 0

Missfan1026

Original Poster

Thank you, I'll find out when it gets here.

Upvote 0

JohnD

My philosophy towards merchandise applies here: If you can't buy direct from Disney but is available on eBay, you're not meant to have it.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My philosophy towards merchandise applies here: If you can't buy direct from Disney but is available on eBay, you're not meant to have it.

I'd say buying TICKETS is a bit different than buying merch.
I've bought merch from eBay and other 3rd party sites if I cannot find it on Disney's website.
While I don't like that the reason I cannot find something is because these people bought it up to resell I do like that I can find it on there.
Tickets are in general a scam that I cannot believe people still fall for.
It's like buy direct or from a reputable 3rd party such as AAA.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'd say buying TICKETS is a bit different than buying merch.
I've bought merch from eBay and other 3rd party sites if I cannot find it on Disney's website.
While I don't like that the reason I cannot find something is because these people bought it up to resell I do like that I can find it on there.
Tickets are in general a scam that I cannot believe people still fall for.
It's like buy direct or from a reputable 3rd party such as AAA.

I get the scan part for tickets on eBay. I don't want to go down to far a rabbit hole but my point about merch on eBay is that it continues to "feed the beast" allowing them to purchase the merch from Disney, taking away from guests. They turn around and upsell. I would rather not give them that opportunity. Hence, "I'm not meant to have it" and they are forced to sit on their merchandise.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I get the scan part for tickets on eBay. I don't want to go down to far a rabbit hole but my point about merch on eBay is that it continues to "feed the beast" allowing them to purchase the merch from Disney, taking away from guests. They turn around and upsell. I would rather not give them that opportunity. Hence, "I'm not meant to have it" and they are forced to sit on their merchandise.
Yep. I want the Haunted Mansion Loungefly mini backpack that sells for $75 and currently is only available in the parks. People are reselling them for $120+ plus shipping. Some of these people proudly flaunt that they are AP holders and some of the items (not Loungefly) that they are selling they got their 20% AP discount on. It just irritates me to no end and I refuse to buy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom