Bonny Creek Resort

disneymoc

Original Poster
My parents have a timeshare plan with RCI. While I know we can use some of their points to stay at Bonnet Creek, can we do the same with any of the Disney Vacation Club resorts or is it exclusive to Disney Vacation Club members?

If we stay at Bonnet Creek, we are without Disney resort transportation, too..aren't we?

hpyhnt 1000

Don't know about the points situation, but I do know that you will be able to use Disney Transport to go to and from Bonnet Creek.

scpergj

Don't know about the points situation, but I do know that you will be able to use Disney Transport to go to and from Bonnet Creek.

I'm not so sure about that...I remember hearing that Disney wasn't very happy with the resort being built there in the first place, and is not offering any of the amenities that a guest staying on property would get...including transportation.

Now, you will be able to use transportation like any other DAY guest, but you will be on your own to get to the parks and back to your resort.

Kevin

sweetpee_1993

I'm no expert but I think the DVC resorts are just for DVC, not RCI. Some friends of ours recently bought into RCI and will be staying at the Bonnet Creek Resort. I never got a good vibe as far as the Disney powers being real happy about Bonnet Creek from the get-go. I think what another poster said about being on your own to and from the parks and use of WDW transport between parks/DTD is correct. Again, I'm not 100% sure, I'm more like 96%. :)

Thats what i have heard as well. The Bonnet Creek resortss entrance road is only cutting across the Disney property, because the land they are on, which is not owned by Disney, has no other access onto it because of the I-4 / 192 exchanges. It is a legal requirement that allows an easment into a property that is otherwise unaccesible. The road in, off of the Disney property was the only available route to the highway-locked land. DVC has nothing to do with whats being built on there.

mrerk

Premium Member
No Disney transport from the Bonnett Creek Resort.

DVC is connected to Interval International for exchanges.

kc1296426

The official Disney transportation does not go to Bonnet Creek, but limited Bonnet Creek shuttles go to each park and attraction in the Disney resort at different times. If you were to stay at that resort I'd suggest renting a car, because the shuttles can get really annoying and feel like a chore.

Missymoe4

Very interesting. I was told last summer by a Disney Dream Squad Cast Member that Bonnet Creek was for the overflow or overbooking's Disney made for that day. Does this hold any truth?

Cynderella

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread but my parents too just got a time share at Bonnet Creek and I was thinking about using it for a 1 year anniversary trip in September if we dont do the free dining. Has anyone ever stayed at Bonnet creek? I was on their website and it says they are a good neighbor hotel with Disney and that they can help with park tickets and that they have transporation to the parks. I saw some posts above saying they dont have anything like that. Just trying to get some info on a place I've never been. Thanks! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom