Bonnett Creek Resort??

WDWFanatic

Maybe this has been discussed, There is a new hotel right next to the carribean beach resort that is taller than the normal 2 story ones in the area. When we drove around to sneak a peek at pop century I saw a sign that said bonnett creek resort construction. What is this place? Was this the one that some other land owners had and finally sold?

Davie

This a non Disney owned resort going up next to the Carribean Beach Resort. Around the 47 square miles of the wdw resort there are patches that are not owned by Disney. this was one of them however it was surronded by Disney on all 4 sides, Disney sold them a little land to put the road through since it couldn't connect anywhere else.

Upvote 0

WDWFanatic

Original Poster
I figured that was what it was. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb above the trees. I wonder if disney legaly had to grant them a right of way for their property. Disney could have made it very hard for them to use it and would have had to sell it off to them. Now people may mistake them for a disney resort.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by WDWFanatic
Now people may mistake them for a disney resort.

good point... but most people mistake neighboring resorts as Disney resorts... like the Gaylord Palms, Marriott Orlando World Center, and Grand Cypress.... among others.. lol

Upvote 0

WDWFanatic

Original Poster
Another thing that i was thinking about... Reedy Creek is the name of the area that disney is in. Would another resort that came in there have to abide by their building codes and have to get approval from them? So say that reedy creek didnt like the way the building looked or was themed could they make them change it?

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by surfsupdon
It's a terrible eyesore...especially from inside Caribbean Beach on the Martinique side.

well... what can Disney do... lol. They could build a giant wall... but then you'd have that as an eyesore. Just give it time... ti's not like construction has never happened at WDW while guests could see.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Originally posted by mkt
well... what can Disney do... lol. They could build a giant wall... but then you'd have that as an eyesore. Just give it time... ti's not like construction has never happened at WDW while guests could see.

Completely understandable! Not everyone can get what they specifically desire. It justu seemed "out of place" last time I vacationed there.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by mkt

Actually, about 8 months ago, they started planting high growing bushes and trees along the border. The bushes have grown quite a bit since planting, and Im sure they have a ways to go. They're now around 6ft tall.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Phenomenal news Tyler!

Though we always stay in ARUBA on the opposite side, it annoyed me when we'd take the bus and see the construction and buildings on the Martinique side outside the Resort loop.

Upvote 0

Kenan

They have put up a sign as well, that says, Bonnet Creek Resort, Next Right...right after you turn off the ramp. Its an orange-ish color, and not a purple color that represents Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom