Bonker's Car-Toon Spin

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Since we won't see this attraction come to the resort. I thought it would be great to see this as an alternate version since they can't use Roger Rabbit. If you do recall in 1993 a series on the Disney Afternoon called Bonkers. I think it would have done even better! Instead of riding Benny the cab you ride Toontown Squad Cars and become a part of Toontown's finest and help Bonker's to stop the weasel's. Although times have changed and not too many remember the little guy. But you gotta admit it would have been awesome if they ever expanded Toontown fair.

Dj Corona

Bonkers was 1993? Man, am I getting old!
(Next thing you know people are going to want an "Adventures of The Gummi Bears" ride!) ;) 1985, by the way......how's that for a blast from the past?

Chape19714

I used to love Bonkers as a little kid! It's not so popular anymore, but it's still fun! I want Rodger though, he's better, imho.

LudwigVonDrake

That's not happening anytime soon if only because Bonkers is NOT a Pixar character :lookaroun

Seriously, no one really knows who the character is and Disney isn't going to put huge money behind a character that has no current appeal.

marietta-stitch

Bonkers was fantastic. I am hoping Bonkers and Gummy Bears will be coming out on DVD soon, So Far we already Have Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, and TaleSpin.:sohappy:

bryPOD

If it were up to Disney, people would still know who Roger Rabbit is. Unfortunatly, Disney doesn't like sharing its money with Speilbergo, so Roger's popularity will have to wait until the day ol' Steven gives up his half of Roger's Rabbit's Rights (try saying that 10 times fast).

Does anyone know the exact agreement Disney and Amblin had over the character? That info would be sweet, thanks.

Cynderella

I loooved Bonkers and the Gummy Bears!! I used to watch them alllll the time. I miss the good ol Disney shows and cartoons. There were soo many. Now the only good one is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (yes I'm 23 and I love that show!) DisneyChannel has gotten so lame IMO.

NadieMasK2

Oh my gosh I loved Bonkers and Fall Apart, now that was a cute show! You can't find it anywhere though. I want to show my kids but no reruns or anything :( Yay OP for the idea!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If it were up to Disney, people would still know who Roger Rabbit is. Unfortunatly, Disney doesn't like sharing its money with Speilbergo, so Roger's popularity will have to wait until the day ol' Steven gives up his half of Roger's Rabbit's Rights (try saying that 10 times fast).

Does anyone know the exact agreement Disney and Amblin had over the character? That info would be sweet, thanks.

Oh snap. Here we go again. The last Roger Rabbit thread I remember seeing wasnt real pleasent.

LoriMistress

Yes...I remember the old school days and the Disney Afternoon crew. I'll have to dig up some old photos of the Disney Afternoon at Toontown at DLR so everyone can feel old and have one trippy flashback!

Not to drift away from the OP but I read that Gummi Bears is coming to DVD. Now if I only remember where I saw that...

According to my hubby, (an unofficial know-it-all about all things movie/tv/technology) Gummi Bears 1st season is coming out mid-November. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

As many good things that I have heard about the Roger Rabbit ride.....I would like there to be things between the park that are different. Now that we are thinking about a DL trip I am looking forward to experiencing new/different attractions.

epcot28

Gummi Bears DVD

For those who wanted to know, according to amazon.com, volume 1of the Gummi Bears(seasons 1-3) is coming to DVD November 14.

Connor002

Ah, Bonkers... how I kind-of remember thee.:lookaroun
I would actually enjoy a Bonkers attraction, although it would most likely need to coincide with a revival of the series... pending any interest in it...

ms7479a

Found this on Wikipedia, the lineup for the old Disney Afternoon:

<TABLE width="100%" border=2><TBODY><TR><TH>Season</TH><TH>Show 1</TH><TH>Show 2</TH><TH>Show 3</TH><TH>Show 4</TH></TR><TR><TD>One (1990-1991)</TD><TD>Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears</TD><TD>DuckTales</TD><TD>Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers</TD><TD>TaleSpin</TD></TR><TR><TD>Two (1991-1992)</TD><TD>DuckTales</TD><TD>Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers</TD><TD>TaleSpin</TD><TD>Darkwing Duck</TD></TR><TR><TD>Three (1992-1993)</TD><TD>Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers</TD><TD>TaleSpin</TD><TD>Darkwing Duck</TD><TD>Goof Troop</TD></TR><TR><TD>Four (1993-1994)</TD><TD>TaleSpin</TD><TD>Darkwing Duck</TD><TD>Goof Troop</TD><TD>Bonkers</TD></TR><TR><TD>Five (1994-1995)<SUP>1</SUP></TD><TD>Darkwing Duck</TD><TD>Goof Troop</TD><TD>Bonkers<SUP>2</SUP></TD><TD>Aladdin</TD></TR><TR><TD>Six (1995-1996)</TD><TD>Goof Troop</TD><TD>Bonkers</TD><TD>Aladdin</TD><TD>Gargoyles<SUP>3</SUP></TD></TR><TR><TD>Seven (1996-1997)</TD><TD>Darkwing Duck</TD><TD>Aladdin</TD><TD>Gargoyles</TD><TD>Quack Pack<SUP>4</SUP></TD></TR><TR><TD>Eight (1997-1998)<SUP>5</SUP></TD><TD>DuckTales</TD><TD>Quack Pack<SUP>6</SUP></TD><TD>101 Dalmatians: The Series</TD><TD>none</TD></TR><TR><TD>Nine (1998-1999)</TD><TD>101 Dalmatians: The Series</TD><TD>Doug</TD><TD>Hercules: The Animated Series</TD><TD>none</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here's a link to the Wikipedia site on Disney Afternoon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Afternoon

ms7479a

Personally, my two favorites were Tale Spin and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. Ah the days when cartoons use to be worth watching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom