BOG with an 11 year old

tink33

Original Poster
I was able to get a dinner reservation for May today. (I'm still in shock.) Can my child order off the kid's menu even thou she is older than 9?

coachwnh

I was able to get a dinner reservation for May today. (I'm still in shock.) Can my child order off the kid's menu even thou she is older than 9?
Yes. My son is 10 and ordered off the kids menu. He picked the steak.
However, the CM did say that there would be an additional charge since he was over 9. We have eaten at BOG 6 times, and this is the only time that was told to us. He has ordered off the kids menu almost every time over this past year on our trips to WDW, including CG, Narcoossee's, and other signatures and this was the first I heard of an extra charge. Cant remember the charge, but it wasn't really noticed by us. Enjoy your dinner.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
How nice, pay extra for food you did not receive.

I love Disney, but sometimes.....

Just let the 10 year old order from the kids menu!

I am fairly certain that the official policy is that anyone ordering from the kids menu over the age of 9 gets a larger portion of the kids menu item and is charged an additional fee (seeing as they are getting more food).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I am fairly certain that the official policy is that anyone ordering from the kids menu over the age of 9 gets a larger portion of the kids menu item and is charged an additional fee (seeing as they are getting more food).
How would the kitchen staff know how old someone is?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
How would the kitchen staff know how old someone is?
The wait staff does and puts in the order as adult portion of 'kids meal x.' Based on my wife's restaurant experience, that is usually an option on restaurant computer systems.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The wait staff does and puts in the order as adult portion of 'kids meal x.' Based on my wife's restaurant experience, that is usually an option on restaurant computer systems.
OK so I just pulled the Brown Derby's kids menu:

Entrees
Grilled Cheese on Whole Wheat Bread - with sliced apples $6.00

Hot Dog - with baked potato chips $6.00

Fried Fish Sticks - with red skin potatoes, broccoli and carrots $11.00

How do you make an adult sized Hot Dog? Or an adult sized grilled cheese?

JerseyDad

Entrees
Grilled Cheese on Whole Wheat Bread - with sliced apples $6.00

....Adult Sized Grilled Cheese = 2 slices of cheese?

....Adult Sized Hot Dog = ...they rub it a little before putting it on the bun?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Entrees
Grilled Cheese on Whole Wheat Bread
- with sliced apples $6.00

Again, based on some restaurant experiences, you would get additional amounts of the side orders for the grilled cheese and hot dog - possibly the option to get fries instead of chips (and at one local restaurant the grilled cheese would be double decker for an adult), a larger quantity of fish sticks.

Did a quick search and found....
Anecdotal information: According to Mousesavers and disneyfoodblog, basically, if the item on menu cannot be made larger, you get the kids size and pay the kids price, if the item can be made larger, you get an adult portion and pay a larger price.

More 'official' information: Disney Mom's Panel says the policy is that it is up to the discretion of the restaurant management whether a person over 9 can order off the Kids Menu, whether they will upsize the serving, and whether they will give a larger portion.

For the OP @tink33 - call Be Our Guest and ask! 407-939-5277

Last edited:

tink33

Original Poster
I thought there would be an extra charge. I'm so happy we are eating there. I order off the kid's menu at counter service places. Maybe Disney should give me money back. Ha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom