BOG lunch

Weather_Lady

I concur with the above.

BOG lunch is very good (although the quality has diminished each of the three times we've had lunch there), but not parade-level good. In fact, in some respects (particularly in terms of the time it takes to eat there now -- waiting 15-20 minutes to order, and another 10-15 minutes for your meal to be delivered to your table -- so long you might as well have gone to a TS restaurant), it's less desirable than some other MK CS venues. For my family, BOG is now a distant third choice after Pecos Bill's and Columbia Harbor House.

disneyworlddad

Gosh I lo
I concur with the above.

BOG lunch is very good (although the quality has diminished each of the three times we've had lunch there), but not parade-level good. In fact, in some respects (particularly in terms of the time it takes to eat there now -- waiting 15-20 minutes to order, and another 10-15 minutes for your meal to be delivered to your table -- so long you might as well have gone to a TS restaurant), it's less desirable than some other MK CS venues. For my family, BOG is now a distant third choice after Pecos Bill's and Columbia Harbor House.

Gosh we love Pecos Bill's!

Eating lunch at Be Our Guest was a highlight of the trip. We ordered in advance via the website and were seated and eating less than 15 minutes from the time we walked through the door. The lines for those who did not order in advance looked pretty awful. Just order in advance--if you change your mind, you have the option when you bring your order up to pay.

We aren't parade people, though, so there's that. Surely you can eat before or after the parade regardless, though?

FWIW, we ate at Columbia Harbor House our 2nd day at MK and the food, lines, and atmosphere weren't even comparable. It was fine, but it wasn't an experience like BOG was.

JillC LI

Eating lunch at Be Our Guest was a highlight of the trip. We ordered in advance via the website and were seated and eating less than 15 minutes from the time we walked through the door.

We aren't parade people, though, so there's that. Surely you can eat before or after the parade regardless, though?

Same here. We're not big parade people, and we loved eating at BOG for lunch for the first time in January. Very cool setting. Loved all the food except the tuna which had to be sent back (the waitress acknowledged that others had done the same that day!). I wouldn't rush back to eat there (I prefer the food at Cosmic Ray's), but given the choice of eating at BOG for the first time or seeing a parade, I'd choose BOG again. I guess it's personal preference though so only the OP can make the choice.

correcaminos

I will admit we have had 2 not very good experiences with BOG at lunch. First both times the kids meals are so bland that none of us wanted to eat the food. The first time the lunch was just kind of choked down. My sandwich which they call a 'croque monsieur' was awful as well. The second horrible time one of the meals was left behind and they had to remake it. It was a waste since I was able to split my sandwich (they are huge) and by the time the kids meal came and compared their turkey to mine, it was a no brainer to not eat the kids meal. So we just left it.

Both times our orders were 'lost' and we had to wait 30-60 minutes to go through all of that. It was horrible honestly. We do like the cupcakes and while we have an ADR for a lunch I'm considering canceling due to past issues. So no, I don't think it is a 'must do' at all.

drwadadli

I agree to the above.

If you haven't see the parade then SEE IT! Lunch at BOG is okay at best. Yes, it is a great building inside and out but food quality it sketchy and there are better places to eat lunch instead of BOG. We love Pecos Bill or Columbia House better.

JIMINYCR

It all depends on what you value the most and what opportunity you have to revisit. BOG is extremely popular and it can be very difficult to get a spot. The food I think is great, the atmosphere is something you shouldnt miss. Depending on your available MK days, the parade could be seen on another day whereas you may not get a chance to dine at BOG another day.

LadyBirdV

I think they are both worth doing, tough call. What's great about BOG is the experience and ambiance. I agree with the others that the food was just Meh, so that's not the point of it. I would do the parade and try BOG for dinner. If you eat in the West Wing at dinner - the Beast shows up, we will probably try to do that next time. FWIW - We had a 1:50 reservation at BOG and were still able to make the FOF parade (with a stop a the Little Mermaid Ride on the way) by taking the WDW railroad from FantasyLand station back to Main Street and watching the parade from the overpass.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I would do the parade and try BOG for dinner. If you eat in the West Wing at dinner - the Beast shows up, we will probably try to do that next time.
To clarify, you can eat dinner in any room and see the Beast (and get your picture taken) in the library before you leave the restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom