BOG breakfast price increase

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
I saw on the Disney website that the price of breakfast has gone up to $24.00! We aren't planning on going there for breakfast anytime soon, but a heads up in case anyone is and is not using the DDP. That is a lot for what looks like a limited menu. I can see if it were an all you care to enjoy type thing.

I did not think the menu choices there were worth $19.99, let alone $24! :jawdrop: :greedy:

Last edited:

Jess G

Good to know! For my next trip I purchased the DDP and specifically chose BOG breakfast over lunch because (1) the value seemed so much better and (2) because I've already done lunch there twice so I figured I would try something new... This will deff be my last trip purchasing the DDP so I'm happy I made that decision because I will NEVER pay that much for an egg sandwich that doesn't even have 2 pieces of bread LOL! They obviously upcharge for the atmosphere and popularity. I love BOG but after this I will stick to lunch only there.

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
My wife and I did breakfast there a couple months ago. We thought it was a good breakfast, but a bit pricey. Would we do it again...maybe. If you think BOG is bad...don't look at CRT for breakfast or you'll really flip out.
Oh we did CRT for breakfast in November - never again. We used the DDP for that and that wasn't even the main issue. It was the most rushed meal we have ever had on Disney property! They definitely get you there for $60 per adult, for the location and princesses. Service was not good and the portions looked like child portions. We'll stick with Akershus for breakfast from now on.. way better food, great cold buffet, 1 TS credit on the DDP, and we can actually enjoy our meal! :D

Last edited:

DisneyFans4Life

Oh we did CRT for breakfast in November - never again. We used the DDP for that and that wasn't even the main issue. It was the most rushed meal we have ever had on Disney property! They definitely get you there for $60 per adult, for the location and princesses. Service was not good and the portions looked like child portions. We'll stick with Akershus for breakfast from now on.. way better food, 1 TS credit on the DDP, and we can actually enjoy our meal! :D
If I'm not doing a QS for breakfast, then it's going to be a buffet. I'll pay $30 a person for all you can eat with characters. We mostly do day trips and eat breakfast at home before we leave, but sometimes we'll stay the night. On Sunday we ate at Tusker House for breakfast and I was satisfied. Of course I'm also a sucker for breakfast food...so all you can eat with characters is my weakness haha.

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
If I'm not doing a QS for breakfast, then it's going to be a buffet. I'll pay $30 a person for all you can eat with characters. We mostly do day trips and eat breakfast at home before we leave, but sometimes we'll stay the night. On Sunday we ate at Tusker House for breakfast and I was satisfied. Of course I'm also a sucker for breakfast food...so all you can eat with characters is my weakness haha.
That is exactly how I feel! I am a big breakfast eater, it is my favorite meal of the day. I will gladly shell out $30-40 for a character buffet.

alissafalco

:jawdrop::jawdrop:
I saw on the Disney website that the price of breakfast has gone up to $24.00! We aren't planning on going there for breakfast anytime soon, but a heads up in case anyone is and is not using the DDP. That is a lot for what looks like a limited menu. I can see if it were an all you care to enjoy type thing.

I did not think the menu choices there were worth $19.99, let alone $24! :jawdrop: :greedy:
:jawdrop:

docdebbi

when, oh when, will we idiots (and I include myself in that) stop going to these ridiculously overpriced meals/events and make disney back off????
i guess there are enough of us that their supply/demand thing supports these prices, but they're just nuts!

Jon81uk

Wow! $20 seemed quite high, but OK for what was included. $22 seemed expensive, but $24 isn't really worth it, unless on DDP of course. That could be the plan, to make the dining plan look better and better value.

I would say the breakfast looks worth $10-15 entree, $4 pastries and $2 for coffee. Although if you make sure you get juice and coffee then you can add an extra $3 for the juice I guess. Either way its barely worth the price, even if each componant is a Disney inflated price.

Jon81uk

Also someone on another forum noticed the drinks now have prices (the regular non-souvineer cups).Although it has been confirmed a drink is included with entree still. But it means those sharing an entree need to pay for their own drink seperately.

see https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/be-our-guest-restaurant/menus/

Also the lunch prices have gone up, $17 now for the beef sandwich or braised pork. I think they've realised that the demand is not going to drop at BOG and they can just milk the cash out.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Oh we did CRT for breakfast in November - never again. We used the DDP for that and that wasn't even the main issue. It was the most rushed meal we have ever had on Disney property! They definitely get you there for $60 per adult, for the location and princesses. Service was not good and the portions looked like child portions. We'll stick with Akershus for breakfast from now on.. way better food, great cold buffet, 1 TS credit on the DDP, and we can actually enjoy our meal! :D

Hmm very different experience that what we had this last September and December. We try for CRT's opening and usually get it so we're by the window in the center. We take our time, eat what ever we want (it is all you can eat, they'll keep bringing it until you're full), get our five Princess meets (they can be so adorable, but I always feel sorry for whomever is playing Jasmine since that wig has to weigh a ton).

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Hmm very different experience that what we had this last September and December. We try for CRT's opening and usually get it so we're by the window in the center. We take our time, eat what ever we want (it is all you can eat, they'll keep bringing it until you're full), get our five Princess meets (they can be so adorable, but I always feel sorry for whomever is playing Jasmine since that wig has to weigh a ton).
Glad you had better experiences! I had read about so many complaints from others that they felt rushed at CRT, before we made the ADR.. but it was one we were going to regardless since we had a 6 year old who really wanted to eat there. We knew it was all you can eat, but our server literally gave us our check before we were even finished what we had, and didn't even give us a chance to ask for anything more. We had hoped this wouldn't be the case for us, but unfortunately it was. It was mobbed with people around the check-in counter and up the staircase to the dining room. I guess they were just trying to turn tables quickly. It was on the morning of one of the Christmas parade filming days.. not sure if that was why it was already a little crowded by 9:30am. Maybe if we had an earlier ADR.. if it were up to me, I would have chosen the pre-park opening ADR and it was available when I made our ADR's.. but my friend said they did not want to wake up that early on that morning lol.

Hockey89

What you don't want cold food for 24 that taste not good... That's crazy talk ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom