Body Wars closed????????

Mickeylover

Original Poster
After just returning from my Disney World vacation this weekend, we were unhappy to learn that one of our favorites, body wars, was closed. Actually, that whole building of where it's located was closed. Does anyone know why Disney closed this last weekend?

imagineer99

Originally posted by Mickeylover
After just returning from my Disney World vacation this weekend, we were unhappy to learn that one of our favorites, body wars, was closed. Actually, that whole building of where it's located was closed. Does anyone know why Disney closed this last weekend?

Wonders of Life has gone Seasonal due to low attendance. It will be open during busier times of the year.

TURKEY

It doesn't look good for the Wonders of Life pavillion when almost every resort was 90%+ and the values and most of the moderates were 100%.

My only guess is they didn't want to open for 1 weekend, but you would think that it would warrant it.

TheDisneyMagic

I wouldn't be gutted if they decided to gutt wonders of life and build something new in there. I do think the rides are ok but not great any more (too out dated) some of them for example like Cranium command maybe just need a small update to them. Body wars they could play a new video using more advanced technology and effects.

One thing I do not want to go though is those spinny glasses (you know those one's which have al different effects by spinning different colour together. I think they are great. When i was younger I loved visiting that pavillion just for them, surpose it was because i didn't understand the other attractions in that pavillion though, and I had my photo taken.

It became kind of like a tradition after that, every time we visit Epcot I have my photo taken pushing the buttons on the glasses.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by marni1971
Out - Body Wars. In - Stormrider. Now theres an idea....

It is more or less the same, only different movies!
I personaly LOVE body wars and the whole pavillion!! IMO, not everything has to be up-to-date or technologicaly advanced!:animwink:

It's a shame that he-who-must-not-be-named wants to save money and close down attractions!:(

General Grizz

Looks like I'll be visiting at peak times. :lol:

You can just sense all the effort and quality in the pavilion. It needs tasteful updates and additions, but it doesn't need to sit empty - and nor does it need a thrill to encompass the WHOLE pavilion - or incorporate other characters (we want originality here) - and we want to keep the feel. . . but don't just keep it closed.

Cranium Command is a FAVORITE. ( :) + :( )

Hoping, but not actually believing, that WoL will be open when I'm there in March. Biology major = love for the human body and the whole idea of a wellness pavillion. Plus, Cranium Command is so darn cute! :D Love the whole concept of "piloting" a brain.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
It's a shame that he-who-must-not-be-named wants to save money and close down attractions!:(

Who could that be??? The park director? Sven Svenson??? Leroy T. Bubble?? I am at a loss :veryconfu

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by General Grizz
Looks like I'll be visiting at peak times. :lol:

You can just sense all the effort and quality in the pavilion. It needs tasteful updates and additions, but it doesn't need to sit empty - and nor does it need a thrill to encompass the WHOLE pavilion - or incorporate other characters (we want originality here) - and we want to keep the feel. . . but don't just keep it closed.

Cranium Command is a FAVORITE. ( :) + :( )

yeah
i love cranium command...
maybe they can send us a video of it
sigh

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Who could that be??? The park director? Sven Svenson??? Leroy T. Bubble?? I am at a loss :veryconfu

If I must say it: Michael Eisner :hammer: :hurl:

P.S. Don't flame me on how it isn't his fault! This is MY opinion!

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Mickeylover

Yes, Body Wars is closed, but will reopen for peak season as stated in another post.

They closed the WOL pavilion the 1st weekend in January. I had asked an Epcot castmember why they were closing it down and he corrected me by saying that it was going to be a seasonal attraction.

While the WOL pavilion is closed, maybe they can use this time to clean things up for when it does open seasonally.

I, too, hope "Scuzzy"...errr.. I mean "Buzzy" is ok :)

BRER STITCH

This poses an interesting question....Is Disney admitting that the whole pavilion is now a failure by closing the entire thing instead of adding to it or coming up with a popular solution to draw some traffic?

Seems the better thing to do would be to find a way to keep at least Body Wars open without anybody even knowing the rest of the pavilion is dark by using one of the entrances closerto the ride itself.

If I recall, there are other ways to get in and out of that building without walking through the entire empty pavilion. A couple conveniently placed construction walls wouldprohibit people from seeing an empty building, but still get them to and from Body Wars.

Heck, they could have thrown Food Rocks in there to keep 'em coming in!

I always got the feeling that building only existed to sell you healthy food anyway.....:lol: :lol: :lookaroun

imagineer99

I think that the idea of a Health Pavillion has SOOOO much potential. Unfortunately, except for Cranium Command, Wonders of Life lacks a whole lot. I think it is time to go back to the drawing boards....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom